Articles by Joseph Orovic
- Ron Paul Delegates, Shunted To Republican National Convention's Outskirts, May Lash Out
August 27 2012 5:12 PM
Ron Paul's delegates will have to enjoy the cheap seats during the Republican National Convention, after the GOP assigned states whose delegations are flush with the Libertarian Congressman's representatives to the outskirts of the convention center in Tampa, Fla. The GOP hopes the whole process will go off without a hitch -- but Paul's followers could still ruin Mitt Romney's coming out party.
- Tropical Storm Isaac Could Upend Convention Meant To Unveil The Full Romney
August 26 2012 6:48 PM
Mitt Romney's official coronation as the Republican Party's presidential nominee will be delayed by Mother Nature, and it could be an obstacle for the big-picture goal of the Republican National Convention.
- 'Birtherism' And Akin Dominate Pre-Convention Talk Shows [VIDEOS]
August 26 2012 1:14 PM
Sunday morning's talk show circuit featured a particularly matronly streak, with abortion, birth and Mother Nature dominating most of the political punditry's attention. The talk shows rolled into the day amid the continuing fallout over Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment and Mitt Romney's "birth certificate" comment.
- Jersey Shore's Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi Gives Birth To Baby Boy, Lorenzo Dominic
August 26 2012 11:13 AM
Look out world, Snooki is a mom. The Jersey Shore star Nicole Polizzi and her fiancé Jionni LaValle welcomed son Lorenzo Dominic at 3 a.m. Sunday, according to MTV.
- The Bain Files: Romney Document Dump Reveals Secrets To A 13% Tax Rate
August 23 2012 6:59 PM
Newly-released documents confirm criticisms of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s road to enduring riches. What emerges is a system that exploits several weaknesses in tax laws regarding overseas investments, as well as backdoor methods of swapping assets behind the government’s back. How politically damning any of this may be remains to be seen. But in the case of the Bain files, we know being “Romney Rich” isn’t simple. But it’s a lot more profitable than working a 9-to-5 with a...
- Latest Political Meme LittleFaceMitt Goes Viral, But Is It The Best Out There? [PHOTOS]
August 22 2012 5:45 PM
World, please welcome littlefacemitt, a collection of photos of GOP hopeful Mitt Romney's face shrunken within his head.
- Obesity Makes You Dumber Sooner: Study
August 21 2012 12:21 PM
Obesity, high blood pressure and other metabolic problems fuel a faster loss of cognitive ability than normal weight people, according to a study published in the journal Neurology. The results add a new layer to the already ubiquitous risks involved with being overweight, and dispels the belief being overweight sans metabolic risk factors is the same as being normal weight.
- Porn Industry Shuts Down After Syphilis Scare While 1,000 XXX Stars Are Tested
August 21 2012 11:01 AM
Fears of a syphilis outbreak caused a leading porn industry group to announce a nationwide shutdown of X-rated productions while more than 1,000 performers are tested for the sexually transmitted disease. The potential outbreak has reignited California?s controversial Measure B, a referendum which would mandate the use of condoms on porn shoots inside Los Angeles County.
- New Pussy Riot Song: Lyrics Slam Vladimir Putin While Russian Police Hunt For Remaining Members
August 20 2012 6:43 PM
Russian punk band Pussy Riot released a new song lambasting Russian President Vladimir Putin after being found guilty and sentenced to two years in jail on charges of ?hooliganism driven by religious hatred.? Authorities are searching for the band?s remaining members while outraged bold-faced names continued to voice their support for the group.
- Amelia Earhart?s Plane Potentially Found Near Nikumaroro
August 20 2012 5:21 PM
The decades-long intrigue behind America Earhart?s sudden disappearance may be coming to a close as researchers found debris they believe to be parts of her plane off Nikumaroro Island in the Southwestern Pacific.
- Nicki Minaj To Become ?American Idol? Judge With Mariah Carey, Nick Jonas Could Be Next
August 20 2012 2:48 PM
Nicki Minaj is reportedly in talks to become a judge on ?American Idol,? joining Mariah Carey as the floundering reality series tries to revive its ratings. Meanwhile, 19-year-old heartthrob Nick Jonas also confirmed he was being considered for a spot at the judges? table as well.
- Oh Family Switches To Life On Martian Time, Keeping Up With Curiosity Rover
August 19 2012 5:35 PM
Life has become other-worldly for NASA flight director David Oh?s family, after switching their biological clocks to ?Mars time.? The change is protocol for a cadre of scientists who spend the first three months of every Martian mission living longer days, but it?s unusual for an entire family to jump along.
- NATO Soldier Killed By Man In Afghan Police Uniform, Continuing 'Insider Attacks'
August 19 2012 4:02 PM
A man in an Afghan police uniform shot and killed a member of NATO's military coalition before being shot himself, the international alliance said. The attack is the latest in a string of incidents that have seen local Afghan forces turn against NATO allies fighting alongside them.
- Germany, U.K. Reported To Secretly Aid Syrian Rebels
August 19 2012 3:01 PM
Spies from Germany and the U.K. have been engaging in covert operations to help Syria?s rebel forces topple President Bashar al-Assad?s regime, according to reports from British and German press, just as U.N. observers end a failed mission to monitor the violence.
- The Paul Ryan Effect, Medicare Blame-Casting Are Still Topic A
August 19 2012 1:39 PM
Paul Ryan and Medicare again dominated the Sunday morning talk circuit this week.
- Julian Assange To Give Live Statement From Ecuadorian Embassy Sunday
August 16 2012 2:27 PM
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange will give a live statement from “in front of the Ecuadorian embassy” at 2 p.m. on Sunday, the Web site announced via Twitter. The announcement caused a bit of confusion as to whether Assange can actually step out into public without getting arrested. There has yet to be any clarification.
- Paul McCartney Declares Support For Russian Punk Band ‘Pussy Riot’
August 16 2012 12:32 PM
Sir Paul McCartney has thrown his substantial artistic credibility behind Russian punk rock group Pussy Riot, joining a long list of musicians vocally supporting the band as it stands trial for staging an anti-Putin protest in Moscow.
- Teens Choosing Oral Sex Over Intercourse Thinking It’s Safer, CDC Reports
August 16 2012 11:48 AM
About two-thirds of U.S. teens and young adults have had oral sex mistakenly thinking it’s a safer alternative to regular intercourse, according to a study released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Hank The Cat Releases New Attack Ad For Virginia Senate Campaign: ‘Vote The Humans Out’ [VIDEO]
August 15 2012 5:51 PM
Hank The Cat released a new ad as part of his ongoing campaign for an open Virginia Senate seat, and it's message is clear: the humans don't deserve the job.
- Shia LaBeouf Swears Off Big-Budget Movies: ‘They Stick A Finger Up Your A--‘
August 15 2012 4:51 PM
Shia LeBeouf rips the big-budget blockbuster movie system a new one in an Interview with The Hollywood Reporter magazine, lambasting studios that “stick a finger up your a-- and chase you around for five months.”