Articles by Joseph Orovic
- Navy Seal Book About Bin Laden Raid Contains State Secrets, Surpasses ’50 Shades Of Grey’ As Best Seller
September 04 2012 8:17 PM
The Pentagon claimed ex-Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette’s new book about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden , “No Easy Day,” contains “sensitive and classified” information, promising to take legal action against the author.
- The Rev. Sun Myung Moon, Unification Church Founder, Mass Wedding Specialist, Friend To Presidents And Despots Alike, Dies At 92
September 02 2012 5:38 PM
The Rev. Sun Myung Moon -- a self-proclaimed messiah from South Korea who founded the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity, or Unification Church, businessman, convicted U.S. tax evader and friend of North Korea -- died at the age of 92 on Monday.
- Convention Spin, Economic Blame Game And Eastwood Dominate Post-RNC Discussion
September 02 2012 2:43 PM
The effectiveness of the Republican National Convention, with its mixed bag of hits and misses, jockeyed for airtime Sunday morning with the prevailing sense that President Barack Obama faces an uphill battle for re-election.
- Hal David, Lyricist And Bacharach Songwriting Partner, Dies At 91
September 02 2012 12:07 PM
Hal David, longtime lyricist for composer Burt Bacharach, died in Los Angeles Sunday at the age of 91. The team's hits included “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head,” “Walk On By,” “I’ll Never Fall In Love Again,” and “What’s New Pussycat?”
- Colorado’s ‘Personhood Amendment’ Banning Abortion Fails To Make Ballot
August 29 2012 6:27 PM
The last "Personhood Amendment" in the nation failed to make Colorado's November ballot, falling short of the required petition signatures by some 4,000. Backers of the legislation have promised to challenge the final count in court.
- Snooki Gets Box Of Congratulatory Cannolis From Anderson Cooper
August 28 2012 4:41 PM
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi got a box of Italian pastries from Anderson Cooper as a congratulatory gift for giving birth to son Lorenzo Dominic LaValle on Sunday, according to omg! Yahoo News.
- Isaac Strengthens To Category One Hurricane, Louisiana Landfall Expected Tonight
August 28 2012 1:16 PM
Tropical Storm Isaac was upgraded to a Category 1 hurricane after its sustained winds increased to 75 mph and barreling towards the Gulf Coast area at 10 mph with landfall expected tonight, according to the National Hurricane Center.
- Mitt Romney Labeled ‘Racist’ Due To Mormon Faith In Controversial Neon Sign
August 27 2012 7:19 PM
A sign in front of Steven Showers' California home has made his home the topic of neighborly outrage. The 14-foot tall buzzing neon obelisk pleads for passersby to "Save the GOP." A relatively unthreatening sentiment, right? Except the rest of the glowing red and green text labels Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney a "racist."
- Ron Paul Delegates, Shunted To Republican National Convention's Outskirts, May Lash Out
August 27 2012 5:12 PM
Ron Paul's delegates will have to enjoy the cheap seats during the Republican National Convention, after the GOP assigned states whose delegations are flush with the Libertarian Congressman's representatives to the outskirts of the convention center in Tampa, Fla. The GOP hopes the whole process will go off without a hitch -- but Paul's followers could still ruin Mitt Romney's coming out party.
- Tropical Storm Isaac Could Upend Convention Meant To Unveil The Full Romney
August 26 2012 6:48 PM
Mitt Romney's official coronation as the Republican Party's presidential nominee will be delayed by Mother Nature, and it could be an obstacle for the big-picture goal of the Republican National Convention.
- 'Birtherism' And Akin Dominate Pre-Convention Talk Shows [VIDEOS]
August 26 2012 1:14 PM
Sunday morning's talk show circuit featured a particularly matronly streak, with abortion, birth and Mother Nature dominating most of the political punditry's attention. The talk shows rolled into the day amid the continuing fallout over Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment and Mitt Romney's "birth certificate" comment.
- Jersey Shore's Nicole ‘Snooki’ Polizzi Gives Birth To Baby Boy, Lorenzo Dominic
August 26 2012 11:13 AM
Look out world, Snooki is a mom. The Jersey Shore star Nicole Polizzi and her fiancé Jionni LaValle welcomed son Lorenzo Dominic at 3 a.m. Sunday, according to MTV.