Articles by Joseph Orovic
- World’s Longest Yard Sale: 690 Miles Of Cheap Stuff Stretched From Michigan To Alabama
August 05 2012 5:59 PM
The World’s Longest Yard Sale gave bargain hunters steals and deals on knick knacks and surprise treasures since for four days, with 690 miles of bargains that stretches down the U.S. 127 highway from Addison, Mich., to Gadsden, Ala.
- Spray-on Skin: Doctors’ Possible New Treatment For Skin Ulcers
August 05 2012 3:42 PM
A “spray-on skin” could become the new treatment du jour for open wounds and ulcers, adding a layer of skin cells which could promote healing, according to U.S. and Canadian researchers.
- Raging Oklahoma Wildfires Burn Homes, 52,000 Acres
August 05 2012 3:06 PM
More than a dozen wildfires fueled by drought conditions and wind have burned 52,000 acres in Oklahoma, as some residents have evacuated while authorities try to stop the blazes, with little help from Mother Nature.
- ‘Roseanne’ Reunion Planned For Comedy Central Roast Of Comedienne
August 05 2012 12:51 PM
Roseanne Barr will reunite with the cast of her hit sitcom “Roseanne” on Saturday as part of Comedy Central’s roast of the comedienne, according to stars of the show.
- Mystery Roller Coaster Rider In North Korea Identified As Junior British Diplomat Barnaby Jones
August 02 2012 5:42 PM
A mysterious foreigner spotted enjoying a roller-coaster ride with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un and his posse sent the Internet into corkscrews. Finally, the white dude grinning politely while at the tail end of a loop was identified as Barnaby Jones, a British diplomat at the nation’s embassy in Pyongyang.
- Forbes 2012 List Of America?s Top Colleges: Princeton Ranked No. 1 [PHOTOS]
August 02 2012 12:22 PM
Forbes gave Princeton University the highest grade for its 2012 list of America?s Top Colleges, the magazine?s annual ranking of the nation?s higher education institutions. The list, featured in the Aug. 20, 2012 issue, is compiled for Forbes by the Center for College Affordability and Productivity (CCAP).
- Swimmer Ricky Berens Unexpectedly Retires Hours After Winning Gold Medal
August 01 2012 5:36 PM
Ricky Berens shocked many by announcing his retirement from swimming right after winning the gold medal in the men?s 800 meter freestyle relay.
- Dead Humpback Whale Found In Australian Swimming Pool [PHOTOS]
August 01 2012 5:00 PM
Beached dead whales come a dime a dozen in Australia, but high tide combined with rough seas to vault a baby humpback whale over a chain fence into a swimming pool along the shore near Sydney Wednesday.
- Boris Johnson Stuck On Zip Wire: London Mayor Dangles Over Crowd After Stunt Goes Awry [Video]
August 01 2012 1:37 PM
London?s quirky mayor Boris Johnson was left hanging from a zip wire during a stunt on Wednesday, after his attempt at grandiosity left him dangling in a suit and helmet with two Union Jacks in tow, asking for a rope to climb down.
- Who Is Katie Couric?s New Boyfriend, John P. Molner?
August 01 2012 11:35 AM
Katie Couric has reportedly found a new love in her life, financial bigwig John Molner. The couple attended the Ellen Hermanson Breast Cancer Benefit together on Saturday. Though the two were not photographed together, sources said they were definitely canoodling at the event. But who is the 49-year-old financial honcho?
- Brazilian Felipe Katidai Breaks Bronze Medal For Judo In Shower
July 31 2012 6:31 PM
Brazilian Olympic medalist Felipe Katidai broke his bronze medal hours after winning it, when the judoka took the award into the shower and dropped it hours after his victory. But no worries, he?ll get a new one.
- Body Of Missing FBI Agent Stephen Ivens Found In Burbank, Calif.
July 31 2012 5:08 PM
Police have located on Tuesday the body of missing FBI agent Stephen Ivens behind a church in Burbank, Calif. The 35-year-old agent had been missing since early May.
- A Blue Moon In Store For August 2012, Though Its Not As Rare As You Think
July 31 2012 1:30 PM
This August will bring a rare blue moon, as two full moons will bookend the first and last days of the month. The somewhat rare occurrence in which a month has two full moons leads the second to be dubbed a ?blue moon.?
- Fake New York Times? Bill Keller Article Written By Wikileaks Dupes Readers, Reporter At Venerated Newspaper
July 31 2012 10:59 AM
A fake article putting the New York Times? substantial editorial heft in support of Wikileaks made rounds over the weekend, fooled many a reader and even at least one NYT staffer before founder Julian Assange?s organization came forward to take credit for the hoax.
- Sky News Olympic Reporter Kissed By Spectator During Live Broadcast, Goes Viral [VIDEO]
July 30 2012 5:01 PM
An Arabic reporter for Sky News got a big wet kiss planted on his cheek while broadcasting a live report on the day?s Olympics events from London.
- New Hampshire Hepatitis C Outbreak Suspect David Kwiatkowski Left Suicide Note, Sets Off Hunt For Infected Patients
July 30 2012 4:16 PM
David Kwiatkowski, a traveling medical technician accused of causing a Hepatitis C outbreak in New Hampshire and possibly six other states, left a suicide note stating he ?couldn?t handle this stress anymore? a week before being arrested while trying to apparently take his own life.
- Strong Winds, Storms From Possible ‘Derecho’ About To Hit New York City, Northeast
July 26 2012 6:42 PM
An outbreak of severe weather could hit the Northeast and especially New York City Thursday evening, with some meteorologists predicting a wallop similar to the ‘derecho’ that knocked out Washington D.C.’s power.
- Mitt Romney Namedrops Marco Rubio On Piers Morgan, Fueling Veep Speculation
July 26 2012 5:14 PM
Mitt Romney randomly mentioned U.S. Senator Marco Rubio during a Piers Morgan interview, reigniting speculation that the Florida Republican will be the former Massachusetts governor’s Vice Presidential pick.
- Sharon Osbourne Leaving AGT: 'America's Got Talent' Judge Tweets She Won’t Be Back Next Season
July 26 2012 12:09 PM
Sharon Osbourne tweeted she will not return to NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” next season, after fellow judge Howard Stern claimed he wasn’t sure he’d be back either. The incident has left many at NBC confused as to what’s going on.
- Scott Disick Denies Teens Years Spent Robbing Girls After One-Night Stands In The Hamptons
July 26 2012 10:27 AM
Scott Disick's reps denied allegations that Kourtney Kardashian's long-time boyfriend's wild past included taping one-night stands with various vixens in the Hamptons, then robbing them blind, according to an old pal who spoke with Star Magazine.