Articles by Joseph Orovic
- World’s Longest Yard Sale: 690 Miles Of Cheap Stuff Stretched From Michigan To Alabama
August 05 2012 5:59 PM
The World’s Longest Yard Sale gave bargain hunters steals and deals on knick knacks and surprise treasures since for four days, with 690 miles of bargains that stretches down the U.S. 127 highway from Addison, Mich., to Gadsden, Ala.
- Spray-on Skin: Doctors’ Possible New Treatment For Skin Ulcers
August 05 2012 3:42 PM
A “spray-on skin” could become the new treatment du jour for open wounds and ulcers, adding a layer of skin cells which could promote healing, according to U.S. and Canadian researchers.
- Raging Oklahoma Wildfires Burn Homes, 52,000 Acres
August 05 2012 3:06 PM
More than a dozen wildfires fueled by drought conditions and wind have burned 52,000 acres in Oklahoma, as some residents have evacuated while authorities try to stop the blazes, with little help from Mother Nature.
- ‘Roseanne’ Reunion Planned For Comedy Central Roast Of Comedienne
August 05 2012 12:51 PM
Roseanne Barr will reunite with the cast of her hit sitcom “Roseanne” on Saturday as part of Comedy Central’s roast of the comedienne, according to stars of the show.
- Mystery Roller Coaster Rider In North Korea Identified As Junior British Diplomat Barnaby Jones
August 02 2012 5:42 PM
A mysterious foreigner spotted enjoying a roller-coaster ride with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un and his posse sent the Internet into corkscrews. Finally, the white dude grinning politely while at the tail end of a loop was identified as Barnaby Jones, a British diplomat at the nation’s embassy in Pyongyang.
- Forbes 2012 List Of America?s Top Colleges: Princeton Ranked No. 1 [PHOTOS]
August 02 2012 12:22 PM
Forbes gave Princeton University the highest grade for its 2012 list of America?s Top Colleges, the magazine?s annual ranking of the nation?s higher education institutions. The list, featured in the Aug. 20, 2012 issue, is compiled for Forbes by the Center for College Affordability and Productivity (CCAP).
- Swimmer Ricky Berens Unexpectedly Retires Hours After Winning Gold Medal
August 01 2012 5:36 PM
Ricky Berens shocked many by announcing his retirement from swimming right after winning the gold medal in the men?s 800 meter freestyle relay.
- Dead Humpback Whale Found In Australian Swimming Pool [PHOTOS]
August 01 2012 5:00 PM
Beached dead whales come a dime a dozen in Australia, but high tide combined with rough seas to vault a baby humpback whale over a chain fence into a swimming pool along the shore near Sydney Wednesday.
- Boris Johnson Stuck On Zip Wire: London Mayor Dangles Over Crowd After Stunt Goes Awry [Video]
August 01 2012 1:37 PM
London?s quirky mayor Boris Johnson was left hanging from a zip wire during a stunt on Wednesday, after his attempt at grandiosity left him dangling in a suit and helmet with two Union Jacks in tow, asking for a rope to climb down.
- Who Is Katie Couric?s New Boyfriend, John P. Molner?
August 01 2012 11:35 AM
Katie Couric has reportedly found a new love in her life, financial bigwig John Molner. The couple attended the Ellen Hermanson Breast Cancer Benefit together on Saturday. Though the two were not photographed together, sources said they were definitely canoodling at the event. But who is the 49-year-old financial honcho?
- Brazilian Felipe Katidai Breaks Bronze Medal For Judo In Shower
July 31 2012 6:31 PM
Brazilian Olympic medalist Felipe Katidai broke his bronze medal hours after winning it, when the judoka took the award into the shower and dropped it hours after his victory. But no worries, he?ll get a new one.
- Body Of Missing FBI Agent Stephen Ivens Found In Burbank, Calif.
July 31 2012 5:08 PM
Police have located on Tuesday the body of missing FBI agent Stephen Ivens behind a church in Burbank, Calif. The 35-year-old agent had been missing since early May.