- Joy Behar To Host Talk Show On Current TV, In Re-Do Of Failed HLN Stint
June 12 2012 8:50 AM
Joy Behar agreed to host an hour-long talk show on Current TV starting September, tentatively titled ?The Joy Behar Show,? in the struggling channel?s 6 p.m. slot.
- WWDC 2012: Apple's Success By The Numbers, Record-Setting App And OSX Sales
June 11 2012 3:24 PM
Apple patted itself on the back at the onset of its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), flaunting growth figures alongside the competition's. The results, in case you didn't already guess, is the Cupertino, Calif. tech giant is doing pretty well.
- Lady Gaga Hit By Pole, Suffers Concussion During Concert [VIDEO]
June 11 2012 1:00 PM
Lady Gaga took a knock to the noggin on Sunday, suffering a concussion but continuing the remainder of her concert in New Zealand. During Gaga's performance of Judas, a male backup dancer smashed Mother Monster over the head with a metal set piece as she was trying to pretend-fire a prop machine gun.
- Creflo Dollar Arrested: Megachurch Pastor Continues Preaching Despite Charges Of Assaulting Teenage Daughter
June 10 2012 1:59 PM
Pastor Creflo Dollar was arrested Friday by Georgia police after his daughter alleged the mega church pastor physically assaulted her. The 50-year-old televangelist denied allegations during his Sunday morning services at World Changers Church in Atlanta.
- Rush Limbaugh Calls Obama 'Barack Kardashian'; White House Responds With 'Donald Trump'
June 07 2012 3:41 PM
Rush Limbaugh reached new heights, or depths, of metaphoric understanding Tuesday, dubbing President Obama Barack Kardashian, to lambaste the President's celebrity status and red carpet friends. The White House's response was dismissive, as is usually the case when asked about Limbaugh.
- Lincoln Death Report Found: Doctor's Brandy And Water Treatment Couldn't Save President Abraham's Life After Assassination
June 07 2012 11:51 AM
Researchers found a death report written by Dr. Charles Leale, the first doctor to treat Abraham Lincoln with water and brandy after the assassination where John Wilkes Booth shot the President in the back of the head in the Ford's Theater.
- Taco Bell?s New Menu Items Still South Of The Border, But High On The ?Gourmet?
June 06 2012 4:48 PM
Taco Bell?s new, ?upscale? menu items will give the 2 a.m. crowd a bit more ?gourmet? to go with its munchies. The chain restaurant will unleash its new ?Cantina Bell? menu on July 5, featuring new items that include ingredients such as Citrus and Herb Marinated Chicken and Cilantro Rice.
- Legionnaires' Disease Outbreak Hits Scotland: 1 Dead, Number Of Infected May Increase
June 06 2012 11:19 AM
Legionnaires' disease has broken out in Scotland, causing one death and leaving at least 40 other people critically ill. Authorities are searching for the source of the disease, as the number of infected citizens in and around Edinburgh continues to rise since the first case was reported Thursday.
- Miley Cyrus Engaged To Liam Hemsworth After 3 Years Of Dating, Getting A 3.5 Carat Ring
June 06 2012 8:55 AM
Miley Cyrus is engaged to her long-time boyfriend Liam Hemsworth, adding to Hollywood?s list of ?it? couples after three years of dating.
- Personal Trainer Drew Manning Gains 70 Pounds, Then Loses It - In A Year
June 05 2012 5:07 PM
Drew Manning made himself obese to prove a point, and teach himself a lesson. The personal trainer gained over 70 pounds in six months as an experiment, to see what it takes to lose that sort of weight, while also putting himself in his clients' shoes.
- Transit Of Venus 2012: How, Where To Watch Rare Solar Event
June 04 2012 5:43 PM
The rare Transit of Venus will come to the United States Tuesday, as the second planet in the solar system will pass in front of the sun as it sets. The event occurs only once every century, so it's best to prepare ahead of time. Here's how.
- Jason Alexander Calls Cricket A ?Gay Game,? Apologizes [VIDEO]
June 04 2012 12:01 PM
Jason Alexander apologized for calling cricket a ?gay game? during an appearance on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson last week.
- A Would-be Doogie Howser: Prodigy Gets MD From University of Chicago
June 04 2012 10:47 AM
The title of youngest doctor is about to go to Sho Yano, as the 21-year-old will earn his medical degree this week from the Illinois school.
- 'French Fry Brother' Jason Loose Goes Viral In China Via Random Act Of Kindness [PHOTOS]
June 04 2012 9:14 AM
A Southern California native has been dubbed American French Fry Brother by Chinese Internet mavens, after photos of the student, Jason Loose, buying French fries for a homeless woman in Nanjing, went viral a month ago.
- Hurricane Season 2012: Predictions of a 'Near-Normal' Season, But Authorities Say Prepare For The Worst
June 03 2012 3:59 PM
Hurricane season officially started Friday, with forecasters calling for a 2012 on par with the past three decades. But they also warned of complacency, suggesting folks Atlantic coast residents take all the proper precautions.
- Obama, Romney Advisers Point Fingers Over Latest Job Numbers
June 03 2012 2:12 PM
Advisers to President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney turns assigning blame for May's grim jobs figures on Fox News Sunday, as the candidates try to spin a paltry 69,000 new jobs into a positive talking point for the incumbent and his Republican challenger.
- 'Battleship' Bombs; Comcast Fears 'John Carter'-Size Hole In Bottom Line
June 03 2012 11:31 AM
The Battleship movie's bomb at the box office has Comcast CEO Brian Roberts and analysts worried the flop could hit his company's bottom line as a result.
- Neil Patrick Harris Introduces Oprah To His Twins And Fiancé David Burtka [VIDEO]
June 03 2012 10:24 AM
Neil Patrick Harris and fiancé David Burtka let Oprah Winfrey into their home to meet their twins, Gideon and Harper, who the couple revealed were born via surrogate, while also discussing the How I Met Your Mother star's struggle with his sexuality.
- Chagas Disease Labeled 'New AIDS Of The Americas' As 'Kissing Bug' Spreads Deadly Virus
May 31 2012 5:38 PM
Chagas disease has the potential to become the new AIDS of the Americas after scientists discovered a parasitic infection passed on by so-called kissing bugs, according to a recently-published study.
- Kordell Stewart Retires A Pittsburgh Steeler, 7 Years After His Last Game
May 31 2012 3:41 PM
Kordell Stewart retired on Thursday, ending an NFL career that actually ended seven years ago, the last time Slash played a professional football game.