- Sunday Morning Talk Shows: Boehner, Pelosi, McConnell Offer Three Different Fixes For Debt Ceiling Conundrum [VIDEO] (blog)
May 20 2012 1:06 PM
Congressional leaders John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi pointed fingers across the aisle on Sunday morning talk shows over the reemerging debt ceiling debate, calling for different approaches to the nation's budgetary problems.
- NATO Chicago 2012: Leaders Meet Amid Protests, Bombings And Alleged Terror Plot
May 20 2012 12:26 PM
NATO leaders met in Chicago on Sunday to discuss a way out of a wavering commitment in Afghanistan, amid the backdrop of a city brimming with protesters, a foiled terrorist plot, a bombing that killed two NATO soldiers, and President Barack Obama's own misgivings about the military action in Afghanistan laid bare in a lengthy New York Times report.
- Obama Born In Kenya? Rumor Resurfaces Via Brietbart.Com, Quickly Denied By Miriam Goderich
May 17 2012 5:06 PM
Was President Barack Obama born in Kenya? Conservative Web site breitbart.com has taken a stab at relighting the debate, after it found promotional booklet produced by a literary agency in 1991 that describes Obama as born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. However, an former employee for the agency chalked up the Kenya reference to nothing more than a mistake.
- Ratko Mladic War Crimes Trial Postponed After Procedural Snag
May 17 2012 12:27 PM
Ex-Bosnian Serb commander Ratko Mladic's trial on charges of war crimes was postponed indefinitely due to a procedural snafu, prolonging a hearing that has already taken over a decade to get started.
- Michael Vick Wedding Plans Revealed: Eagles Quarterback Marrying Kijafa Frink After 3 Year Engagement
May 17 2012 9:46 AM
Michael Vick will marry his long-time fiancée Kijafa Frink on June 30 at the Fountainbleau Miami Beach hotel.
- Baby Red Crabs Invade Cayman Islands, Could Signal Tough Hurricane Season
May 16 2012 5:20 PM
Baby red crabs have infested the Cayman Islands by the hundreds of thousands, an in unusually heavy migration season that has caused havoc. If local superstition is any indicator, the Caribbean may face a rough hurricane season.
- New York Giants Super Bowl Ring Revealed [PHOTOS]
May 16 2012 3:56 PM
The New York Giants unveiled their Super Bowl ring on Wednesday, finally getting the bling to match the Lombardi Trophy they earned after winning Super Bowl XLVI. The franchise is also giving fans a chance to try out the ring themselves with a new smartphone app.
- Pirate Bay Down After Anonymous-Style DDoS Attack
May 16 2012 12:22 PM
The Pirate Bay, bane of content creators and love of downloaders, has endured a prolonged Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack that has disabled the site for an unusually prolonged period of time, with many pointing to hacktivist group Anonymous as the source of the problem.
- Ancient 'Loch Ness Monster' Suffered From Arthritis Leading To Pliosaur Demise, New Research Says
May 16 2012 9:36 AM
Ancient versions of the mythical Loch Ness monster apparently suffered from a very pedestrian case of arthritis as they aged, according to British researchers, leading to the demise of the pliosaur.
- Mitchell Guist Dies at 48: An Appreciation Of 'Swamp People' Star
May 15 2012 9:53 AM
Mitchell Guist, Bayou denizen and one of the humbler members of the History Channel's Swamp People, died on Monday, falling into the body of water he spent a lifetime calling home. And in this modern American culture, we'll most likely relegate him to the dustbin of ancillary reality TV characters. We shouldn't.
- Scientists Discover Europe's Oldest Engraved Female Genitalia Art
May 14 2012 5:11 PM
Scientists have discovered what they believe to be some of the oldest known engravings and artworks, dating back some 37,000 years -- and some of them are possibly pornographic, according to a study published Monday.
- Mark Zuckerberg Turned 28 Today, But 5 Other CEOs Are Younger
May 14 2012 3:24 PM
Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg turned 28 on Monday, and his true birthday present will arrive on Friday when the social networking site sells stock and begins trading on Nasdaq. But he's not the only young gun out there.
- Janitor Gac Filipaj Earns Free Degree From Columbia University, Graduates With Ivy League Honors
May 14 2012 9:34 AM
Want a degree from Columbia University, but can't afford the absurd tuition? Do you own a mop, are not disgusted by with cleaning toilets and can spare a dozen years of your life? Gac Filipaj, a 52-year-old refugee from the former Yugoslavia, spent the last 12 years working as a janitor at Columbia while also taking classes at the Ivy League school -- and didn't pay a penny in tuition. He graduated on Sunday with honors from the university.
- 'The Avengers' Reaches No. 11 In All-Time Sales: Which Are The Top 10 Highest-Grossing Movies Of All Time?
May 13 2012 6:39 PM
The Avengers has redefined the phrase box-office juggernaut, becoming the fastest-selling film of all time by a number of measures. For example, it topped the $1 billion mark in global sales faster than any other movie to become 11th on Box Office Mojo's All Time Worldwide Grosses list only 19 days after its release.
- JPMorgan Chase Exec Ina Drew Resigns, $2B Trading Debacle Claims Its First Scalp
May 13 2012 6:05 PM
First JPMorgan Chase & Co. lost an estimated $2 billion in derivatives trading, and now it has lost one of CEO Jamie Dimon's top lieutenants: Ina R. Drew, JPMorgan Chase's chief investment officer and a bank employee for three decades, will step down on Monday. Matt Zames will take over for Drew, Bloomberg News reported.
- Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson Resigns; Deal With Hedge Fund Ends Proxy Battle
May 13 2012 2:35 PM
Yahoo Inc. CEO Scott Thompson resigned, succumbing to growing pressure over a fraudulent resume entry that has haunted the embattled executive since early this month. Thompson will be replaced on an interim basis by Yahoo's global media head Ross Levinsohn
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon Issues Mea Culpa Over $2B 'Egregious Mistake'
May 13 2012 11:42 AM
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) CEO Jamie Dimon offered a mea culpa on NBC's Meet The Press Sunday, saying the mammoth money-center bank was dead wrong to dismiss concerns over a series of hedges that ended up costing the company $2 billion.
- Obama Endorses Gay Marriage: Let The Memes Begin
May 10 2012 12:46 PM
President Barack Obama declared his support for gay marriage on Wednesday in an interview with ABC News. Less than 24 hours later, online denizens have slowly started developing memes surrounding POTUS's evolution on the issue.
- Rajon Rondo Loses His Cool With A Cameraman [VIDEO]
May 09 2012 5:07 PM
Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo, known to be stoic and on point when necessary, lost his cool with a cameraman after being unable to get his team past the Atlanta Hawks, losing 87-86 on the road.
- Cris Carter Put Out Bounties During NFL Career
May 09 2012 12:44 PM
Former Minnesota Vikings receiver Cris Carter admitted to putting out bounties on opposing defensive players, adding a new layer to the ongoing bountygate scandal surrounding the New Orleans Saints and NFL