Articles by Katherine Timpf
- California's Brown Losing Favor As Budget Talks Draw Closer
May 20 2013 1:14 PM
At the beginning of 2013, Californians couldn’t stop singing Gov. Jerry Brown’s praises. But now he seems headed for a crash on the rocks.
- Los Angeles Wants Feds To Solve Neighborhood Noise Problems
April 15 2013 11:20 AM
California politicians want federal intrusion into local affairs.
- Learning From California: Don't Hike Taxes On The Rich
November 16 2012 2:55 PM
Last week, Californians gave lawmakers permission to stop doing their jobs. They even offered their own cash to keep politicians from having to seek a real solution to the state's economic problems.
- Proposition 30: Excusing California's Inadequacy
September 26 2012 11:58 AM
On October 1, California State University will email letters warning applicants that enrollment capacity will drop if Gov. Jerry Brown's Proposition 30 fails.
- Student Loan Debt and the Culture of Borrowing
January 06 2012 12:02 PM
The Federal Reserve predicts student loan debt will pass the $1 trillion mark this year. Students are taking out twice as much as they did 10 years ago (even after adjusting for inflation) and can't pay it back. From politicians to protesters, Americans are offering solutions to this seemingly impossible problem.