Articles by Kathleen Caulderwood
- The Lowdown On Firefox's $25 Phone
February 24 2014 1:11 PM
Mozilla has announced a project to produce a $25 smartphone for emerging markets; but how does it compare to others?
- The Egyptian Stock Market Response, After Government Shake-Up
February 24 2014 10:39 AM
Markets in Egypt aren’t heavily impacted by the mass government resignations announced on Monday.
- Does Your Hometown Rank Among The Most Unequal In US?
February 21 2014 1:28 PM
U.S. Census data reveals where inequality is the most extreme. The data may surprise you.
- Not Everyone Is Excited About Mugabe’s $600K Birthday Party
February 21 2014 11:50 AM
Some lifestyle tips from the man who once called himself “the Hitler of our time.”
- WhatsApp’s Global Competitors
February 20 2014 8:41 PM
Mxit, Kik and Viber are just a few WhatsApp competitors gaining popularity in global markets.
- Caterpillar's Slump - Sign Of Slowing Economy?
February 20 2014 12:00 PM
Caterpillar is a bellwether for the U.S. economy, hence analysts will scrutinize the company's latest results.
- In Nigeria, Sanusi’s Ouster Fuels Worries About Corruption
February 20 2014 11:11 AM
Nigeria’s central bank governor has been dismissed after months of tension with the country's president over corruption allegations.
- Q&A With Marijuana Business Strategist
February 19 2014 3:40 PM
Aaron Houston has been lobbying for marijuana legalization for over a decade, and he now works as an adviser at Ghost Group.
- Why Private Equity Likes Africa
February 19 2014 12:37 PM
According to a new report from Ernst & Young, bigger private equity firms are taking notice of potential in African countries.
- How Morocco Is Prospering As A Tourist Destination
February 19 2014 6:22 AM
As security concerns hurt tourism in much of North Africa, Morocco has emerged as the “safe” way to visit the region – and it's making the most of it.
- Which Countries Are Most Dangerous For Drivers?
February 18 2014 2:14 PM
The Transportation Research Initiative released a study analyzing the fatality rate of drivers in various countries.
- Is China Colonizing Africa? Jane Goodall Thinks So
February 18 2014 10:57 AM
Animal activist and researcher Jane Goodall compared Chinese investment in Africa to British colonialism.
- Four Reasons US Economic Growth Will Be Lower
February 17 2014 2:53 PM
Robert Gordon published a paper explaining why the American economy is going to be slower, on average, in the next few decades than it has been in the last century.
- Q&A With Square CFO Sarah Friar
February 17 2014 10:20 AM
Friar, formerly of Goldman Sachs and McKinsey, spoke to IBTimes about the challenges and opportunities for women in key sectors.
- Feds To Banks: If You Smell Something, Say Something
February 14 2014 3:20 PM
If someone deposits cash that "smells like marijuana," they probably need a second look -- and other helpful hints from the government.
- Is This Kenyan Flower Company Worth A $5M Bet?
February 14 2014 12:38 PM
A South African private equity firm recently bought a $5 million stake in a Kenyan flower company. Here’s why.
- Looking For A Valentine? Try The Office – At Your Own Risk
February 14 2014 10:34 AM
CareerBuilder.ca conducted a survey to learn more about office romances, and some results may surprise you.
- From Deere - A New, Fast Planter
February 14 2014 6:22 AM
The new machine uses a “brush belt” that picks up every seed and places it exactly on the ground, with little bounce.
- What Emerging Market Internet Users Think Of Facebook, Twitter
February 13 2014 2:48 PM
The Pew Research Center analyzed mobile and Internet habits in dozens of countries to find the most popular methods of getting online.
- What Do Connecticut and Pakistan Have In Common?
February 13 2014 12:58 PM
An economics professor created a map that shows how U.S. states compare to countries around the world in terms of GDP.