- Paraguay Happiest Country On Earth
July 26 2014 7:26 PM
Gallup data show Danes are thriving, Bhutanese feel disrespected and Syrians aren't well rested.
- Arms, Hamas And North Korea
July 26 2014 6:39 PM
Hamas is searching for ways to replenish its diminished missile stockpile in its fight against Israel. North Korea is an obvious ally.
- Death, Destruction And Those Who Survived GE222 In Taiwan
July 26 2014 5:30 PM
After a week of deadly plane crashes that killed hundreds, the TransAsia Airways flight that crashed in Taiwan was different: It had survivors.
- Kenya Home To 5 Top African Startups In Mobile Tech
July 25 2014 1:20 PM
DEMO Africa recently named five Kenyan startups among its top 40 list.
- Elon Musk: 'Aircraft Should Be Vertical Takeoff And Landing'
July 25 2014 11:24 AM
The SpaceX founder told Stephen Colbert electric planes that takeoff and land vertically may be in the company’s future.
- Ebola May Have Reached Nigeria, Africa's Most Populous Country
July 24 2014 4:51 PM
The Ebola virus may have reached Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country.
- Air Algérie 5017 Leased From Spanish Carrier, Had Safe History
July 24 2014 12:19 PM
This MD-80 was used by Greek, Colombian, Belgian and Argentinian airways before Algeria.
- Can Myanmar Avoid Its Resource Curse?
July 23 2014 1:49 PM
Still trying to emerge from the past, Myanmar’s economy is at a crucial juncture.
- EU Sanctions Could Cripple Russian Military
July 23 2014 10:23 AM
As EU leaders debate further sanctions, the Russian military is already hurting.
- Lockheed Martin, Boeing And Other Companies Will Aid NASA's Asteroid Redirect Mission
July 22 2014 11:46 AM
“A profitable asteroid industry is upon us.”
- Foreigners Can Soon Buy Saudi Stock, But With Restrictions
July 22 2014 9:29 AM
The biggest stock market in the Middle East is one of the few that's remained closed to foreign investment.
- Is Robert F. Kennedy Jr. The New Jenny McCarthy?
July 21 2014 5:45 PM
RFK Jr., the lawyer and environmental activist, has joined the anti-vaccination movement with a "dangerous" crusade linking vaccines and autism.
- Bats, Business And Ebola
July 21 2014 4:07 PM
Hunting fruit bats and other animals serves as a livelihood for many, but the practice could also be deadly.
- Seven Sub-Saharan Countries To Watch: Innovation Experts
July 21 2014 12:22 PM
One of the fastest-growing economic regions in the world could also become an innovation hub.
- Sketchy Lenders, Bored Workers At Chinese Samsung Supplier Accused Of Child Labor
July 21 2014 10:13 AM
It's not looking good for the Chinese factory that once supplied Samsung, but was accused of hiring child workers.
- Economic Fallout From MH17 Incident Likely To Hurt Russia
July 18 2014 6:44 PM
World markets may recover after geopolitical shocks, but the outlook is less rosy for Russia.
- Ukraine Asks For Help With Black Box Recovery
July 18 2014 1:33 PM
The same agency that helped with MH370 black boxes is now helping Ukraine with MH17.
- Buk Missile Maker Targeted In Recent US Sanctions
July 18 2014 11:25 AM
Russian military defense company Almaz-Antey was targeted in sanctions a day before one of its missiles possibly shot down MH17.
- EU Patent Case Could Change Stem Cell Research Forever
July 17 2014 4:16 PM
An EU patent case could pave the way for stem cell research.
- Cold Coffee Isn't Cheap
July 17 2014 1:04 PM
Cold-brews, ice cubes and plastic cups are all making your favorite summer drink more pricey.