- Microsoft Sues Samsung Over Android Patent Payments
August 01 2014 8:21 PM
After Microsoft's 2013 deal with Nokia, Samsung stopped making patent payments for the Android operating system.
- Ocean Bacteria Eating Oil From Deepwater Horizon Spill
August 01 2014 7:25 PM
Naturally occurring bacteria have been consuming toxic hydrocarbons after the BP oil spill.
- A Tale Of Two Nigerias
July 31 2014 2:59 PM
Now the largest economy in Africa, Nigeria's lasting progress is only discouraged by Boko Haram's pervasive violence.
- How A Norwegian Shipping Giant Helps Russia Dodge Sanctions
July 31 2014 12:11 PM
The “Viking King” is helping Russian oil companies skirt the EU and buy equipment for deepwater and arctic drilling.
- Gold Prices Strong, But Not For Long
July 31 2014 10:22 AM
Gold prices are up this year thanks to geopolitics and a lagging U.S. economy, but they’re looking to fall again pretty soon.
- Indonesia’s New President Faces An Old Economic Problem
July 30 2014 3:43 PM
Indonesia’s democratic progress is laudable, but the economic challenge remains.
- McDonald's Could Be Responsible For Franchise Labor Practices
July 30 2014 9:56 AM
The National Labor Relations Board recently ruled that McDonald's could be named as an official employer for its franchise locations.
- Malaysia Airlines May Change Its Name
July 29 2014 10:44 AM
The tragic incidents with MH17 and MH370 have spurred efforts for the Malaysian airliner to take its branding in a new direction.
- More Than 80,000 Pentagon Employees Don't Pay Their Taxes
July 29 2014 9:29 AM
Apparently having a top-secret security clearance doesn't require an IRS audit.
- The Skies Are Not Safe
July 26 2014 10:52 PM
A Malaysia Airlines executive is calling on international organizations to better regulate air travel over conflict regions such as Ukraine.
- Ancient Astronomy Lab Uncovered By Archaeologists In Peru
July 26 2014 10:08 PM
Peruvian archaeologists found carvings that depict the stars and have lasted thousands of years.
- Ebola Has Nigeria On 'Red Alert'
July 26 2014 9:00 PM
The deadliest Ebola outbreak in history has spread to Africa's most populous country.
- Paraguay Happiest Country On Earth
July 26 2014 7:26 PM
Gallup data show Danes are thriving, Bhutanese feel disrespected and Syrians aren't well rested.
- Arms, Hamas And North Korea
July 26 2014 6:39 PM
Hamas is searching for ways to replenish its diminished missile stockpile in its fight against Israel. North Korea is an obvious ally.
- Death, Destruction And Those Who Survived GE222 In Taiwan
July 26 2014 5:30 PM
After a week of deadly plane crashes that killed hundreds, the TransAsia Airways flight that crashed in Taiwan was different: It had survivors.
- Kenya Home To 5 Top African Startups In Mobile Tech
July 25 2014 1:20 PM
DEMO Africa recently named five Kenyan startups among its top 40 list.
- Elon Musk: 'Aircraft Should Be Vertical Takeoff And Landing'
July 25 2014 11:24 AM
The SpaceX founder told Stephen Colbert electric planes that takeoff and land vertically may be in the company’s future.
- Ebola May Have Reached Nigeria, Africa's Most Populous Country
July 24 2014 4:51 PM
The Ebola virus may have reached Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country.
- Air Algérie 5017 Leased From Spanish Carrier, Had Safe History
July 24 2014 12:19 PM
This MD-80 was used by Greek, Colombian, Belgian and Argentinian airways before Algeria.
- Can Myanmar Avoid Its Resource Curse?
July 23 2014 1:49 PM
Still trying to emerge from the past, Myanmar’s economy is at a crucial juncture.