- Hard Cash For 'Hard Knocks'
May 13 2014 6:23 PM
The economics of Jay Z's elevator fiasco and how the media pays big bucks for citizen-produced photos and video.
- No, Red Wine Won't Make You Live Longer
May 13 2014 10:51 AM
A new study shows that drinking red wine and eating chocolate may not have the health benefits people once thought.
- What A Chinese Railway System Means For Africa
May 12 2014 6:42 PM
Past attempts have failed, but China's new plan to fund a railway network in Africa could significantly boost the continent's economies.
- The Rise Of Nigeria: Six Companies To Watch
May 09 2014 2:15 PM
As the country attracts attention from investors around the world, some firms have "clear potential to become global economic leaders."
- China Vows Continental African Railway No Longer A Pipe Dream
May 08 2014 4:36 PM
China steps in to fill infrastructure needs in Africa, with "no political strings attached."
- Nigeria's Economic Forum Overshadowed By Kidnapping
May 08 2014 8:51 AM
Nigeria's kidnapping crisis casts a pall over an economic forum being hosted by the violence-plagued nation.
- On Africa Tour, Chinese Premier Promises Huge Boost In Investment
May 07 2014 1:16 PM
As China-Africa trade continues to grow, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang pledged economic support while on a four-country Africa tour.
- What’s At Stake For American Companies In Russia?
May 06 2014 8:20 PM
As a key high-level economic forum in Russia draws closer, American companies are weighing their stakes in the country. Here's a list of what they're dealing with.
- With Eye On Bottom Line, Exxon Mobil Execs May Still Go To Russia
May 06 2014 8:10 PM
Oil executives are stuck between the White House and a cold place, between sanctions and enticing prospects in the Russian Arctic.
- After The Breach, How Target Recovers
May 05 2014 7:08 PM
Target is not the only retailer to experience a data breach, and experts say that customers will return.
- Who is John Mulligan, Target’s Interim CEO?
May 05 2014 1:26 PM
Mulligan, a 19-year veteran of the company, testified before Congress about Target's data breach in February.
- Booming African Tech Sector Taps Massive Mobile Growth
May 04 2014 11:17 AM
“One of the key features of the African digital renaissance is that it is increasingly homegrown,” says World Bank specialist.
- Will The Crisis In Ukraine Hurt Europe’s Economic Recovery?
May 03 2014 9:54 AM
Experts debate what could happen to the global economy if the Ukraine conflict worsens.
- Showroom For Amazon? Not So Fast
May 01 2014 4:23 PM
Retailers feared that online shopping would shut down their physical locations, but new research shows the opposite may be true.
- The Dangerous Economics Of Kilimanjaro
April 30 2014 5:51 AM
It's three local workers to every climber, providing guidance and physical labor.
- For US Banks In Russia It's Business As Usual, Almost
April 29 2014 3:18 PM
Wall Street Bank representatives are heading to Russia for a conference. It's not political, it's just business.
- Springlab Q&A: What’s Next For Tech In Africa
April 28 2014 11:51 AM
The co-founder of South African incubator Springlab brings IBTimes up to speed on the startup scene there.
- China Economic Slowdown Impacts Reach Africa
April 26 2014 5:26 PM
“Too much of Africa’s recent prosperity depends on China’s own continued prosperity and rapid growth,” says one expert.
- Multinational Brands Tap Africa's Growing Social Media Scene
April 24 2014 2:26 PM
A new study has found that global brands are taking advantage of an evolving social media scene to reach customers in Africa.
- Russia May Price Oil Exports In Roubles: Economist
April 24 2014 9:22 AM
Russia has threatened to do the same in previous east-west spats, but each time failed to follow-through.