- Who is John Mulligan, Target’s Interim CEO?
May 05 2014 1:26 PM
Mulligan, a 19-year veteran of the company, testified before Congress about Target's data breach in February.
- Booming African Tech Sector Taps Massive Mobile Growth
May 04 2014 11:17 AM
“One of the key features of the African digital renaissance is that it is increasingly homegrown,” says World Bank specialist.
- Will The Crisis In Ukraine Hurt Europe’s Economic Recovery?
May 03 2014 9:54 AM
Experts debate what could happen to the global economy if the Ukraine conflict worsens.
- Showroom For Amazon? Not So Fast
May 01 2014 4:23 PM
Retailers feared that online shopping would shut down their physical locations, but new research shows the opposite may be true.
- The Dangerous Economics Of Kilimanjaro
April 30 2014 5:51 AM
It's three local workers to every climber, providing guidance and physical labor.
- For US Banks In Russia It's Business As Usual, Almost
April 29 2014 3:18 PM
Wall Street Bank representatives are heading to Russia for a conference. It's not political, it's just business.
- Springlab Q&A: What’s Next For Tech In Africa
April 28 2014 11:51 AM
The co-founder of South African incubator Springlab brings IBTimes up to speed on the startup scene there.
- China Economic Slowdown Impacts Reach Africa
April 26 2014 5:26 PM
“Too much of Africa’s recent prosperity depends on China’s own continued prosperity and rapid growth,” says one expert.
- Multinational Brands Tap Africa's Growing Social Media Scene
April 24 2014 2:26 PM
A new study has found that global brands are taking advantage of an evolving social media scene to reach customers in Africa.
- Russia May Price Oil Exports In Roubles: Economist
April 24 2014 9:22 AM
Russia has threatened to do the same in previous east-west spats, but each time failed to follow-through.
- Startups Narrowing Africa’s Education Gap With Mobile Tech
April 23 2014 3:28 PM
A handful of startups have created new learning platforms based entirely on mobile phone technology in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Why Caterpillar's Quarterly Report Is Expected To Show Modest Improvement
April 23 2014 7:36 AM
One key analyst says equipment demand will remain adequate in 2014, despite challenging mining sector conditions.
- Why Bad Weather Won't Hurt Starbucks Q2 Earnings
April 23 2014 5:49 AM
Analysts also predict the global cafe giant will post 11 percent revenue growth in the most recent quarter.
- Slowdown In Global Shipping -- Sign Of Deflation?
April 17 2014 6:43 PM
While the Baltic Dry Shipping Index has long been considered a predictor of the global economy, the drop isn't as foreboding as it seems.
- Angola Moving Into Oil's Big Leagues
April 16 2014 5:37 PM
After decades of turmoil, Angola is on the verge of catapulting to the top ranks of the world’s energy economy.
- Why Diagnosing Malaria Could Be A Billion-Dollar Business
April 16 2014 5:41 AM
A startup has attracted attention from multinationals and the U.S. Navy for a malaria-diagnosing device that costs pennies per person.
- Nasdaq Drop Doesn't Presage Weak Earnings From Established Tech Companies
April 15 2014 2:54 PM
Despite the Nasdaq's tumble last week, the tech stock situation isn't nearly as bad as people think.
- 'Dubailand': Middle East Developers Welcome Six Flags Theme Park Project
April 12 2014 11:33 AM
Youthful demographics are fueling growth in the region's leisure and entertainment sector.
- How To Tell If Your Cell Phone Is Made With Conflict Minerals
April 11 2014 5:45 AM
The U.S. SEC now requires registered companies to report the presence of conflict metals in their supply chains.
- A Stable Quebec Is Good For Investors, Analysts Say
April 09 2014 6:31 PM
The Canadian province of Quebec now has majority Liberal leadership, and the business community is relieved.