- Amid Violence, Nigeria Still Very Much Open For Business
May 21 2014 3:30 PM
Despite Boko Haram, foreign direct investment is still driving economic growth in Nigeria -- now the continent’s biggest economy.
- How To Successfully Hedge The Online Gambling Debate
May 21 2014 1:17 PM
Policymakers and casino magnates have made heavy bets on both sides of the online gaming issue, but doesn't someone have to win?
- Bank Admits Fraud, Stock Rises; Is This The New Normal?
May 20 2014 3:57 PM
Credit Suisse investors are confident despite a $2.5 billion fine and guilty plea, and analysts say this is the new normal for big banks.
- Republicans For Economy, Democrats For Health Care, Say US Voters
May 20 2014 1:29 PM
New data from Gallup shows that American voters are most concerned about the economy, and think Republicans can handle it better.
- Boko Haram's Global Funding Network Spans Drug-Running To Kidnapping
May 16 2014 5:13 PM
The Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram uses ransoms, fake charities and foreign support to fund terrorism.
- African Farm Workers Take Dim View Of Future Prospects
May 16 2014 3:23 PM
A recent Gallup poll shows that agricultural workers in sub-Saharan Africa don't share the optimism of their non-farm or unemployed counterparts.
- In Africa, China Expands Beyond Oil
May 15 2014 10:33 AM
Often ahead of its Western counterparts in investment, China is moving from natural resources into manufacturing and services.
- It Takes More Than A Kick In An Elevator To Hurt Jay Z Inc
May 14 2014 4:00 PM
Because he’s not a businessman, he’s a business, man.
- Hard Cash For 'Hard Knocks'
May 13 2014 6:23 PM
The economics of Jay Z's elevator fiasco and how the media pays big bucks for citizen-produced photos and video.
- No, Red Wine Won't Make You Live Longer
May 13 2014 10:51 AM
A new study shows that drinking red wine and eating chocolate may not have the health benefits people once thought.
- What A Chinese Railway System Means For Africa
May 12 2014 6:42 PM
Past attempts have failed, but China's new plan to fund a railway network in Africa could significantly boost the continent's economies.
- The Rise Of Nigeria: Six Companies To Watch
May 09 2014 2:15 PM
As the country attracts attention from investors around the world, some firms have "clear potential to become global economic leaders."
- China Vows Continental African Railway No Longer A Pipe Dream
May 08 2014 4:36 PM
China steps in to fill infrastructure needs in Africa, with "no political strings attached."
- Nigeria's Economic Forum Overshadowed By Kidnapping
May 08 2014 8:51 AM
Nigeria's kidnapping crisis casts a pall over an economic forum being hosted by the violence-plagued nation.
- On Africa Tour, Chinese Premier Promises Huge Boost In Investment
May 07 2014 1:16 PM
As China-Africa trade continues to grow, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang pledged economic support while on a four-country Africa tour.
- What’s At Stake For American Companies In Russia?
May 06 2014 8:20 PM
As a key high-level economic forum in Russia draws closer, American companies are weighing their stakes in the country. Here's a list of what they're dealing with.
- With Eye On Bottom Line, Exxon Mobil Execs May Still Go To Russia
May 06 2014 8:10 PM
Oil executives are stuck between the White House and a cold place, between sanctions and enticing prospects in the Russian Arctic.
- After The Breach, How Target Recovers
May 05 2014 7:08 PM
Target is not the only retailer to experience a data breach, and experts say that customers will return.
- Who is John Mulligan, Target’s Interim CEO?
May 05 2014 1:26 PM
Mulligan, a 19-year veteran of the company, testified before Congress about Target's data breach in February.
- Booming African Tech Sector Taps Massive Mobile Growth
May 04 2014 11:17 AM
“One of the key features of the African digital renaissance is that it is increasingly homegrown,” says World Bank specialist.