- For Wall Street, The World Cup Is A High-Stakes Investment Game
May 28 2014 9:14 PM
Goldman Sachs analysts have predicted which team will win the World Cup -- and the effect on the economy. Their tip: Buy Brazil.
- How A Few Ugly Oranges Could Derail South Africa’s Economy
May 28 2014 12:46 PM
Amid fears of "black spot" fruit disease, the EU has restricted imports of citrus fruit from South Africa, the world's largest exporter.
- SpaceX Set To Unveil New 'Space Taxi' Amid Growing Tension With Russia
May 28 2014 10:45 AM
In the latest from a partnership with NASA, SpaceX will unveil its latest ship model, meant to shuttle astronauts to and from the International Space Station.
- Lattes, Burritos and Handguns: Which One Doesn't Belong?
May 27 2014 6:19 PM
Consumer brands like Starbucks and Chipotle address guns in their stores, in a trend toward social action that may be the new normal.
- Why Canada's GDP Is Outpacing The United States, For Now
May 27 2014 11:32 AM
Economists expect Canada to outpace the U.S. in GDP growth this quarter. Here's why.
- South Africa's Mining Production Is At Its Lowest Since 1967
May 27 2014 10:42 AM
The South African economy had its biggest slump since 2009 this quarter after weeks of mining strikes paralyze production.
- The Internet, The Parents And The School: Reactions To The Isla Vista Shooting
May 26 2014 6:47 PM
Within days of the shooting, social media became the platform for a massive global discussion about violence against women.
- Rap Genius Co-Founder Out After Comments On Rampage
May 26 2014 4:18 PM
After posting tasteless commentary on Elliot Rodger's "manifesto," Mahbod Moghadam has been ousted.
- Nigerian Officials Veto Exchange Deal For Girls With Boko Haram
May 26 2014 2:27 PM
After months of searching for the kidnapped girls, Nigerian officials withdrew from negotiations with Boko Haram at the last minute.
- Investors Say Uber Could Be Worth $17 Billion
May 26 2014 12:18 PM
Experts say the on-demand car service could be valued at much more than previously expected.
- Sex, Drugs, Smuggling And Italy's GDP
May 23 2014 1:19 PM
Italy announced that it will include drugs, prostitution and smuggling as it recalculates its 2014 GDP.
- These Five Vietnamese Companies Are Set For Global Growth
May 23 2014 11:11 AM
A quarter of the World Economic Forum's list of global growth companies from East Asia are based in Vietnam.
- This Coup Just Might Stick To Teflon Thailand
May 22 2014 4:47 PM
Thailand's economy has a reputation for surviving political tensions, but maybe not this time.
- What Will The Thai Coup Mean For Markets?
May 22 2014 10:43 AM
After the Thai military took over on Thursday, economists say it could help stabilize markets, but only for now.
- Amid Violence, Nigeria Still Very Much Open For Business
May 21 2014 3:30 PM
Despite Boko Haram, foreign direct investment is still driving economic growth in Nigeria -- now the continent’s biggest economy.
- How To Successfully Hedge The Online Gambling Debate
May 21 2014 1:17 PM
Policymakers and casino magnates have made heavy bets on both sides of the online gaming issue, but doesn't someone have to win?
- Bank Admits Fraud, Stock Rises; Is This The New Normal?
May 20 2014 3:57 PM
Credit Suisse investors are confident despite a $2.5 billion fine and guilty plea, and analysts say this is the new normal for big banks.
- Republicans For Economy, Democrats For Health Care, Say US Voters
May 20 2014 1:29 PM
New data from Gallup shows that American voters are most concerned about the economy, and think Republicans can handle it better.
- Boko Haram's Global Funding Network Spans Drug-Running To Kidnapping
May 16 2014 5:13 PM
The Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram uses ransoms, fake charities and foreign support to fund terrorism.
- African Farm Workers Take Dim View Of Future Prospects
May 16 2014 3:23 PM
A recent Gallup poll shows that agricultural workers in sub-Saharan Africa don't share the optimism of their non-farm or unemployed counterparts.