Articles by Kukil Bora
- Mysterious Exoplanet Challenges Planet Formation Theories
December 06 2013 6:11 AM
The discovery of the planet orbiting its star from too far away has astronomers puzzling over how such a strange system came to be.
- Apple Says iOS 7 Now Runs On 74% Of Its Devices
December 06 2013 4:35 AM
The iOS 7’s adoption rate has grown 10 percent since October, a remarkable rise considering a radical overhaul of the platform.
- What Caused Japan’s Deadly March 2011 Tsunami?
December 06 2013 2:19 AM
Drilling in the Japan Trench, an international team of scientists finds an unusually thin and slippery geological fault.
- NASA Begins Search For Comet ISON's Remnants
December 05 2013 11:24 PM
If there is still a central source of emission left, scientists may see a new, but much fainter coma and tail form of the comet, NASA said.
- Why President Obama Isn't Allowed To Have An iPhone
December 05 2013 5:58 AM
Millions of people in the United States use Apple's pioneering smartphone, but the country's president is not among them.
- Youngest Known X-Ray Binary Star System Identified
December 05 2013 3:59 AM
Circinus X-1 is less than 4,600 years old, making it the youngest X-ray binary system ever seen.
- NASA’s Cassini Obtains Best Views Of Saturn’s Hexagon Storm
December 05 2013 2:12 AM
The monster storm, which is many times bigger than the largest hurricane on Earth, may have been blowing on the planet for a long time.
- Buzz About A Bigger iPad In 2014 Heating Up
December 04 2013 6:46 AM
If the rumors are true, prepare for an exceptionally sharp display, at around 400 pixels an inch, on the new iPad.
- Apple’s iOS 7 Growth Rate Continues To Increase: Report
December 04 2013 5:24 AM
The analysis suggests users are updating to the latest OS at exceptionally high rates.
- KitKat Now Covers 1% Of All Android Devices
December 04 2013 3:23 AM
Google’s updated developer dashboard, with new platform distribution numbers, shows how many users are on the new KitKat version.
- SpaceX Launches Its First Commercial Satellite
December 04 2013 12:50 AM
Tuesday’s launch marks SpaceX's attempt to establish itself as a low-cost alternative to bigger players backed by U.S. and foreign governments.
- Worldwide PC Shipments To Witness Worst Contraction Ever: Report
December 03 2013 6:56 AM
While the PC remains the primary computing device for most people, it's being used less and less.
- Nearly 40% Of Black Friday iPads Bought By Android Users
December 03 2013 5:08 AM
Apple’s iPads took five of the top 15 sales slots at major retailers such as Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy, according to InfoScout.
- Study Reveals Secret To Burmese Python's Extreme Eating Habits
December 03 2013 2:57 AM
Researchers suggest that the study could hold vital clues for the development of treatments for many human ailments.
- NASA Continues To Investigate Comet ISON’s Fate
December 03 2013 12:24 AM
The best chance to know for sure if the come survived the sun will depend on upcoming observations by the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Study Links Air Pollution To Heightened Risk Of Autism
December 02 2013 7:22 AM
Autism spectrum disorder, or ASD, is easily passed from parent to child before birth, and there currently is no cure, researchers say.
- China Launches First Rover Mission To Moon
December 02 2013 6:14 AM
If successful, China will become only the third nation to send a rover to the moon's surface.
- Cyber Monday Video Game Deals
December 02 2013 4:32 AM
Gamers can expect many bargains this Cyber Monday, and here's a look at some of the best online deals.
- A Drone At Your Doorstep, Thanks To Amazon
December 02 2013 12:30 AM
'Octocopters' could help Amazon crunch order delivery times, but the technology could take four to five years to materialize.
- Stand By Your Man? Better Not If You're A Roundworm
November 30 2013 12:20 PM
The continuous presence of young male roundworms can cut down the average lifespan of their female counterparts by more than 20 percent.