- Companion Planets Boost Old Planets' Chance Of Hosting Life
August 02 2014 2:13 AM
The gravitational pull of a companion planet can generate enough heat to prevent internal cooling, raising an old planet's chance of hosting life.
- Samsung Rumored To Unveil Galaxy Note 4 In September
August 01 2014 7:41 AM
Samsung is expected to launch the Galaxy Note 4 sooner than expected, to counter Apple’s upcoming iPhone 6.
- 2020 Rover To Study Mars Like Never Before
August 01 2014 5:10 AM
The new rover will carry more sophisticated hardware to determine if the red planet will ever be habitable for humans.
- Modern-Day Birds Were Once Massive Meat-Eating Dinosaurs
August 01 2014 2:20 AM
The ability of a certain type of dinosaur to evolve rapidly into pre-historic birds helped them survive mass extinction.
- Tiny Fossilized Grasshopper Opens Window Into Ancient World
July 31 2014 8:07 AM
The findings are expected to offer fresh insights into ancient tropical insects and the world they inhabited.
- What The Moon And Lemons Have In Common
July 31 2014 6:27 AM
Tidal heating and tidal-rotational deformation made the moon look somewhat like a lemon with a bulge on each side.
- Yum! Brands Warns China Food Scandal Could Hit 2014 Profitability
July 31 2014 3:55 AM
Yum Brands, which owns the KFC and Pizza Hut chains, is also dealing with the impact of a December 2012 report about unsuitable meat.
- Xbox One Launching In China On Sept. 23
July 31 2014 1:38 AM
Xbox One will offer more than 70 different games, as well as movies, sports, documentaries, TV shows and locally-developed applications.
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Brings Cortana To New Markets
July 30 2014 7:59 AM
Cortana, nicknamed “Xiao Na” for the Chinese market, will feature a customized interface, animations and sounds.
- New Retina MacBook Pros Faster Than Predecessors
July 30 2014 4:48 AM
A benchmark test also revealed that the new machine is nearly 2 percent slower than the mid-level Retina MacBook Pro released in 2013.
- Apple, Samsung Lose Ground To Chinese Smartphones
July 30 2014 1:50 AM
The overall smartphone market grew 23.1 percent annually in the second quarter of 2014 with a record 295.3 million shipments.
- Cassini Data Points To 101 Geysers On Icy Enceladus
July 29 2014 6:36 AM
The findings will help scientists better understand the sources of extraterrestrial water in the Milky Way galaxy.
- Apple Rumored To Launch 5.5-Inch iPhone 6, iWatch In December
July 29 2014 3:59 AM
The latest rumor supports some earlier reports that have suggested that the launch of the bigger iPhone 6 could be delayed until December.
- Asteroid That Wiped Out Dinosaurs Could Not Have Come At A Worse Time: Study
July 29 2014 1:42 AM
Dinosaurs may have survived the killer asteroid strike if it had occurred slightly earlier or later in the planet's history, scientists say.
- Leaked Photo Reveals Details About New 15-Inch Retina MacBook Pro
July 28 2014 7:06 AM
A chart shows three configurations of the company’s flagship laptop, with each model featuring faster Intel Core i7 chips and increased RAM.
- JD.Com, Tencent Offer Early Xbox One Pre-Orders In China
July 28 2014 4:41 AM
The Xbox One will be the first gaming console to be sold in mainland China since the government banned sales of video game consoles in 2000.
- OSI Group Replaces Scandal-Hit Unit's Leadership
July 28 2014 1:53 AM
The company also said that it is conducting a “thorough internal investigation” into possible failures by former and current senior management.
- NASA Gets Ready For Comet Watch On Mars In October
July 26 2014 6:56 AM
Scientists said they would have to position all spacecraft on the opposite side of Mars before the comet comes closer.
- Time To Prepare For Another Powerful Solar Storm: Scientists
July 26 2014 3:36 AM
If the 2012 solar event had been directed toward Earth, it would have triggered the worst geomagnetic storm in more than four centuries.
- Apple Still No. 1 Tablet Vendor In Q2, Despite iPad Sales Slump
July 25 2014 7:05 AM
Although Apple’s tablet business declined by 9.3 percent, it led Samsung in market share by nearly 10 percentage points.