- Microbial Life Exists Deep Beneath Antarctic Ice: Study
August 21 2014 7:59 AM
The discovery of microbes in Antarctica could have implications for the search for life on Jupiter's moon Europa and Saturn's moon Enceladus.
- iPad Air 2 Could Have 2GB RAM
August 21 2014 7:17 AM
An increased RAM, along with a faster A8 processor, is expected to help the new iPad's performance.
- Infineon Bets Big On Chips With $3B Acquisition
August 21 2014 3:15 AM
The transaction, which is said to be the biggest in Infineon’s history, is expected to close later this year or in early 2015.
- Chinese Hackers Used Heartbleed On Community Health: Report
August 20 2014 7:04 AM
The hackers used the Heartbleed bug to collect user credentials and log in through a virtual private network.
- Google Launchpad To Mentor 25 Indian Startups
August 20 2014 4:33 AM
The startups will be guided by nearly 20 mentors, half of whom will be “Googlers” from California and Israel.
- Flying Toothless 'Dragon' Once Ruled The Skies
August 20 2014 2:58 AM
Pterosaurs likely inhabited a large variety of environments, but were particularly abundant near large lakes, rivers and coastal environments.
- iPhone 6 Could Feature Faster Qualcomm MDM9625 LTE Modem
August 19 2014 8:23 AM
The new modem is also a significant improvement over the Qualcomm MDM9615 chip featured in the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5.
- Heinz Infant Food Hit By Lead Scare In China
August 19 2014 7:35 AM
According to experts, exposure to lead can slow down a child’s intellectual and physical development.
- Another Icelandic Volcano Is Threatening To Erupt
August 19 2014 3:26 AM
According to Iceland's Met office, seismic activity has been gradually increasing in Bardarbunga over the last seven years.
- JD.com, Tencent Sell Half A Million Smartphones In 5-Day Promotion
August 19 2014 1:27 AM
Monday’s announcement is seen as an effort to show that the $215 million partnership between the companies has paid off.
- iPhone 6’s Lightning Cable Could Be Reversible At Both Ends
August 18 2014 7:50 AM
Apple filed a patent with the USPTO in which it described “reversible or dual orientation USB plug connectors” for its future products.
- Scientists Develop Self-Organizing Robot Swarm
August 18 2014 6:17 AM
The robots can correct their own mistakes -- if a robot moves off-course, nearby robots sense the problem and cooperate to fix it.
- Lasers Can Make Microscopes 20 Times More Sensitive
August 18 2014 5:28 AM
The new technology is expected to help scientists improve the resolution of contemporary atomic-force microscopes.
- Rosetta Captures 3D View Of Comet
August 18 2014 2:20 AM
While taking the pictures, the spacecraft was at a distance of 65 miles from the 2.5-mile-wide nucleus of the comet.
- Leaked Photos Purportedly Reveal iPhone 6 Secrets
August 16 2014 5:11 AM
The purported iPhone 6 parts, showed in the photos, included a display, a logic board and a battery.
- Scientist Discovers New Plant Language
August 16 2014 2:23 AM
The discovery explains how plants communicate with each other on a molecular level.
- New Study Explains How The Ebola Virus Works
August 14 2014 8:30 AM
According to WHO’s latest update, the number of people killed by Ebola in West Africa has increased to 1,069.
- Researchers Explore Why A Near-Earth Asteroid Is Still Intact
August 14 2014 5:33 AM
If 1950 DA crashes into the Atlantic Ocean, the blast could pack enough energy to trigger 200-foot-high tsunami waves.
- Giant Amazon Fish Faces Extinction
August 14 2014 2:17 AM
The huge fish once dominated fisheries in the Amazon, but three of the five known species of the arapaima have not been seen for decades.
- US iPhone Owners Can't Wait For iPhone 6: Survey
August 13 2014 7:12 AM
The people most eager to buy the iPhone 6 were those who already own some model of the iPhone, according to the survey.