- Asteroid To Safely Pass Earth On Sunday
June 07 2014 11:51 AM
The 2014 HQ124 is classified as a “potentially hazardous asteroid” based on its size and distance from Earth.
- Laser Carries A Video Message From Space
June 07 2014 11:35 AM
The 148-second video transmission reached a maximum data transmission rate of 50 megabits per second.
- Relatives Take Matters Into Own Hands To Find MH370
June 06 2014 8:16 AM
Some relatives of the missing passengers believe that officials responsible for the search have concealed the truth about the missing jet.
- Moon Was The Result Of A Catastrophic Collision: Study
June 06 2014 6:46 AM
The study suggests remnants of Theia accounts for nearly 40 percent of the moon’s composition while the Earth is responsible for the rest.
- NASA's Orion Ready To Beat The Heat
June 06 2014 3:50 AM
The heat shield is made of a coating called Avcoat, which prevents the transfer of extreme temperatures to the spacecraft’s crew module.
- Mysterious Drone-Passenger Jet Encounter Reveals Regulatory Gaps
June 06 2014 2:24 AM
The FAA’s account of the incident has been criticized as an effort to justify its restrictions on using unmanned aircraft for private use.
- WWF Says Mekong Region Home To Hundreds Of New Species
June 05 2014 7:59 AM
The report highlights 15 species out of the 367 newly discovered ones in the Greater Mekong region.
- E-Commerce Giant Alibaba Forays Into Soccer
June 05 2014 6:25 AM
The move comes at a time when Alibaba and its partners are exploring ways to expand beyond the company’s core e-commerce business.
- Some Supernovas Created By ‘Cosmic Zombies’
June 05 2014 3:56 AM
The new findings are expected to help researchers better understand how powerful supernova explosions occur in the universe.
- GM To Clear Top Brass In Recall Controversy: Report
June 05 2014 2:33 AM
CEO Mary Barra is expected to present the findings of the investigation on Thursday.
- Odds Are You're Probably Not Going To Buy A PC This Year
June 04 2014 8:27 AM
Worldwide shipments of PCs are expected to drop by 6 percent in 2014 as emerging markets continue to shy away from the machines.
- Huge Ancient Deep-Dwelling Croc Gets A Name
June 04 2014 7:18 AM
The new findings are expected to help scientists better understand how present-day crocodiles adapt to changing environments.
- Koalas Hug Trees To Beat The Heat
June 04 2014 3:46 AM
A koala’s body is covered with thin fur, which likely helps the animal's skin stay in close contact with cool tree trunks.
- iPhone Remains Best-Selling Smartphone In The US
June 04 2014 2:03 AM
Samsung was the only manufacturer to gain market share in the country since January.
- French Police Arrest 4 For Recruiting Militants For Syria's Jihad
June 02 2014 7:34 AM
Some fear that Europeans with a Muslim immigrant background who have fought in Syria's civil war may import Islamist militancy upon their return.
- Samsung Z Is The World’s First Tizen Smartphone
June 02 2014 5:55 AM
Samsung Z, which runs on the new Tizen operating system, will go on sale in Russia in the third quarter.
- Asian Nations Outperform The West In Latest Global Education Index
June 02 2014 3:21 AM
The report urges developing countries to focus on creating an army of effective teachers and giving them the autonomy to perform.
- iOS 7 Usage At High Levels In The US And Canada
May 31 2014 1:02 PM
Ahead of the iOS 8 announcement, iOS 7 adoption has reached new levels among iPhone and iPad users in the U.S. and Canada.
- Huge Eruption Of Solar Material Caught By NASA's New Observatory
May 31 2014 12:16 PM
The IRIS observatory is capable of capturing huge coronal mass ejections from the sun.
- Scientists Observe Moon’s Lopsided Shape From Orbit For First Time
May 30 2014 6:53 AM
The new findings are expected to provide more clues about the interior of the moon, according to scientists.