Articles by Kukil Bora
- Black Friday 2013 Deals From Apple
November 29 2013 3:39 AM
While some customers are expected to welcome the new gift card scheme many would still prefer discounts over free gift cards.
- ISON Does Not Survive Passage Past Sun
November 29 2013 1:04 AM
Although the comet failed to slingshot around the sun, scientists hope to see some of its remains from the fiery encounter.
- Strange Black Hole's Brightness And Appetite Baffles Astronomers
November 28 2013 6:43 AM
A small black hole could have a voracious appetite while consuming matter efficiently, something that was previously thought impossible.
- One Cat, Two Cat: New Species Of Wild Cat Identified In Brazil
November 28 2013 5:26 AM
The study's results have implications for conservation efforts, such as laws about poaching and the designation of national parkland.
- Researchers Develop Tongue-Controlled Wheelchair
November 28 2013 2:12 AM
Tongue-piercing is no more a mere fashion statement as scientists have tweaked it to create a wheelchair controller.
- Do Black Holes Come In Size M?
November 27 2013 11:53 PM
Scientists have suggested the presence of a black hole that can be put right at the border between small and mid-sized black holes.
- Comet ISON Approaching: Where To Watch It
November 27 2013 6:03 AM
According to some observers, any place with a dark sky and a low horizon would be a good spot to watch the rare comet.
- The Untold Story Of Fish Traps, Thanks To Google Earth
November 27 2013 3:49 AM
Under-reporting fish catches can put a country’s food security and economy at risk, and jeopardize entire marine ecosystems.
- Rare Bonobos Threatened By Growing Human Population And Activities
November 27 2013 1:44 AM
Only a small percentage of the bonobo's range remains suitable for them and a fraction of that habitat is located in protected areas.
- Half Of All PCs To Be Shipped In 2014 Will Be Tablets
November 26 2013 7:22 AM
The two biggest players in the tablet market -- Apple and Samsung -- may face competition from upstarts as the market heats up.
- Locusts Provide Clues To How Humans Process Smells
November 26 2013 6:30 AM
Scientists found odors prompted neural activity in a locust's brain, allowing the insect to identify the scent even with other odors present.
- Arctic Seafloor Releasing Methane Twice As Fast As Originally Estimated
November 26 2013 3:27 AM
Methane is a greenhouse gas, and is over 30 times more effective at warming the planet than carbon dioxide.
- NASA Rocket To Study Venus' Atmosphere
November 26 2013 12:33 AM
VeSpR will experiment the UV light emitted from Venus' atmosphere for clues to origins of the planet's water.
- Want To Shift From iPhone To Android? Eric Schmidt Is There To Help
November 25 2013 7:20 AM
Google's chairman says many of his friends are switching from iPhone to Android, and he wrote a guide to walk them through the process.
- Samsung Announces Galaxy Grand 2
November 25 2013 5:20 AM
The Galaxy Grand 2 will be offered in white and black, and a pink-colored version will be eventually available in select markets.
- Can An Owl’s Wings Help Design Quieter Aircraft?
November 25 2013 3:10 AM
Learning how owls use acoustic stealth to sneak up on prey could help engineers reduce noise pollution in air travel, a study shows.
- A Flying Machine That Hovers Like Jellyfish
November 25 2013 1:26 AM
The new method of flight could be used in tiny robots for surveillance, search-and-rescue, and to monitor the atmosphere and traffic.
- AT&T Moto X Gets OTA For Android 4.4 KitKat
November 23 2013 1:40 PM
The Android 4.4 KitKat update is quite similar to stock Android software, but there are a few Moto X-specific OEM additions as well.
- Comet ISON: What Is It Doing Now?
November 23 2013 12:34 PM
Four NASA solar observatories will watch ISON during Thanksgiving week until it slingshots around the sun on Nov. 28, 2013.
- Smart Watches Not Expected To Be Popular This Year
November 22 2013 6:41 AM
Smart watches aren't new, but they've only recently migrated from the health and fitness market to the mainstream consumer market.