Articles by Kukil Bora
- The Untold Story Of Fish Traps, Thanks To Google Earth
November 27 2013 3:49 AM
Under-reporting fish catches can put a country’s food security and economy at risk, and jeopardize entire marine ecosystems.
- Rare Bonobos Threatened By Growing Human Population And Activities
November 27 2013 1:44 AM
Only a small percentage of the bonobo's range remains suitable for them and a fraction of that habitat is located in protected areas.
- Half Of All PCs To Be Shipped In 2014 Will Be Tablets
November 26 2013 7:22 AM
The two biggest players in the tablet market -- Apple and Samsung -- may face competition from upstarts as the market heats up.
- Locusts Provide Clues To How Humans Process Smells
November 26 2013 6:30 AM
Scientists found odors prompted neural activity in a locust's brain, allowing the insect to identify the scent even with other odors present.
- Arctic Seafloor Releasing Methane Twice As Fast As Originally Estimated
November 26 2013 3:27 AM
Methane is a greenhouse gas, and is over 30 times more effective at warming the planet than carbon dioxide.
- NASA Rocket To Study Venus' Atmosphere
November 26 2013 12:33 AM
VeSpR will experiment the UV light emitted from Venus' atmosphere for clues to origins of the planet's water.
- Want To Shift From iPhone To Android? Eric Schmidt Is There To Help
November 25 2013 7:20 AM
Google's chairman says many of his friends are switching from iPhone to Android, and he wrote a guide to walk them through the process.
- Samsung Announces Galaxy Grand 2
November 25 2013 5:20 AM
The Galaxy Grand 2 will be offered in white and black, and a pink-colored version will be eventually available in select markets.
- Can An Owl’s Wings Help Design Quieter Aircraft?
November 25 2013 3:10 AM
Learning how owls use acoustic stealth to sneak up on prey could help engineers reduce noise pollution in air travel, a study shows.
- A Flying Machine That Hovers Like Jellyfish
November 25 2013 1:26 AM
The new method of flight could be used in tiny robots for surveillance, search-and-rescue, and to monitor the atmosphere and traffic.
- AT&T Moto X Gets OTA For Android 4.4 KitKat
November 23 2013 1:40 PM
The Android 4.4 KitKat update is quite similar to stock Android software, but there are a few Moto X-specific OEM additions as well.
- Comet ISON: What Is It Doing Now?
November 23 2013 12:34 PM
Four NASA solar observatories will watch ISON during Thanksgiving week until it slingshots around the sun on Nov. 28, 2013.
- Smart Watches Not Expected To Be Popular This Year
November 22 2013 6:41 AM
Smart watches aren't new, but they've only recently migrated from the health and fitness market to the mainstream consumer market.
- NASA Missions Study ‘Monster’ Cosmic Explosion
November 22 2013 5:21 AM
In its first three seconds alone, the "monster burst" proved brighter than almost any burst previously observed, scientists said.
- Tiny Extraterrestrial Neutrinos Invade The South Pole
November 22 2013 5:07 AM
Neutrinos can carry information about the workings of the most powerful and distant phenomena in the universe.
- Android 4.4 KitKat Rollout Details For HTC, Motorola Devices
November 21 2013 7:39 AM
Both HTC and Motorola released details about their plans for Android 4.4 KitKat on a number of flagship handsets.
- Will Apple Raise iPhone 6 Price?
November 21 2013 5:53 AM
A larger display and other improvements may increase the cost of materials, which may raise the iPhone 6’s retail price.
- NASA's Chandra Finds Evidence Of Jet In Milky Way's Black Hole
November 21 2013 3:26 AM
Astronomers believe the new findings will provide important clues about the growth history of the Milky Way’s black hole.
- NASA Halts Mars Rover Operations To Fix Curiosity Electrical Issue
November 21 2013 1:19 AM
The voltage change appeared intermittently three times during the hours before they became persistent.
- Samsung’s Galaxy S5 Rumored To Feature 64-Bit CPU
November 20 2013 7:54 AM
The Galaxy S5 may feature a 64-bit CPU to help Samsung compete with Apple’s iPhone 5s.