Articles by Kukil Bora
- Has Apple Bought The Technology Behind Microsoft's Kinect?
November 18 2013 4:07 AM
Despite a recent increase in the valuation of PrimeSense, the deal is not likely to be a huge win for Apple's investors, a new report said.
- Will An Underground Volcano Hasten Antarctic Ice Melt?
November 18 2013 1:26 AM
Scientists say a powerful eruption -- a real possibility -- would be necessary to breach the ice resting above the volcano.
- Tiny NASA Satellite To Study Mysteries Of Lightning
November 16 2013 11:16 AM
The globe experiences lightning some 50 times a second, meaning that there is always a lightning flash somewhere on Earth, scientists said.
- Android 4.4 KitKat: Galaxy S3, Nexus 5 And Other Devices Get Custom ROMs
November 16 2013 11:06 AM
A number of flagship handsets, such as Samsung Galaxy S3 and Nexus 5 have received Android 4.4 ROMs, including OmniROM and CyanogenMod 11.
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.4 With FaceTime Bug Fix
November 15 2013 6:54 AM
The new firmware includes a fix for an issue that causes FaceTime calls to fail for some users.
- Android 4.4 Factory Images Now Available For All Recent Nexus Devices
November 15 2013 4:47 AM
After releasing Android 4.4 OTA updates to some Nexus devices, Google has now made factory images and binaries available for more.
- Who Let The Dogs Out? Ancient Europeans, Apparently
November 15 2013 2:26 AM
The idea of wolves following early humans can also explain the eventual genetic deviation that led to the appearance of dogs.
- Samsung, Android Continue To Dominate Smartphone World In Q3: Report
November 15 2013 12:31 AM
Although Samsung’s share was flat during the period, it extended its lead over Apple whose pricing strategy for its new handsets was questioned.
- Initial Shipments Of Retina iPad Mini Due Friday: Report
November 14 2013 7:24 AM
Supply of the new iPad mini could be tight in the fourth quarter but shortages are expected to ease in the first quarter of 2014.
- iWatch May Target Men And Women With Different Screen Sizes
November 14 2013 5:03 AM
When it comes to producing a smart watch, Apple seems to know what men and women want, according to a new report.
- How To Update Nexus 7 To Android 4.4 KitKat Manually
November 14 2013 2:52 AM
The Wi-Fi version of the Nexus 7 began receiving the Android 4.4 KitKat on Wednesday. Here is how to install the update manually.
- New Space-Based Technique Helps Melt Great Lakes Ice Secrets
November 14 2013 12:56 AM
The new method is claimed to be accurate enough to identify a narrow channel of open water being cut through the ice at night.
- A7-Powered Apple TV In 2014, iTV In 2015-2016: Analyst
November 13 2013 7:13 AM
Kuo forecast Apple TV shipments to total 8.2 million units in 2014, while the rumored iTV is not expected anytime soon.
- Rare Mammal Species Sighted In Vietnam After 15 Years
November 13 2013 6:09 AM
The super-elusive saola is distinguished by its unusually long horns, which can be 50 inches long, and white facial markings.
- Can The Retina iPad Mini Revive Apple’s Tablet Fortunes?
November 13 2013 3:14 AM
Sales of the Retina iPad mini are predicted to help increase iPad shipments in the fourth quarter despite supply constraint fears.
- Are You Smarter Than A Smartphone?
November 13 2013 12:48 AM
By 2017, according to a new report, smartphones will be able to take over a large part of our everyday lives. But, only if we let them.
- Will iPhone 6 Sport A 5.5-Inch Curved Screen?
November 12 2013 6:17 AM
The next iPhone, with a much bigger screen size, is expected to compete against Samsung’s 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 3 in the “phablet” category.
- Apple's Retina iPad Mini Is Here
November 12 2013 4:26 AM
Apple finally launched the iPad mini with Retina display on Tuesday, and the tablet can now be ordered through its online store.
- Stunning Solar Flares In Images
November 12 2013 2:30 AM
Here’s a collection of some amazing photographs of solar flares -- powerful bursts of radiation observed on the sun’s surface.
- Worldwide Smartphone Subscriptions To Reach 5.6 Billion By 2019
November 12 2013 12:28 AM
It took five years to reach 1 billion smartphone subscriptions, but the 2-billion mark will be hit in less than two years, a new report says.