- Apple To Investigate Labor Violation Claims In China
September 05 2014 5:07 AM
The report was based on an investigation conducted at a Catcher factory, where nearly 20,000 workers produce metal casings for Apple.
- iPhone 6 Could Outshine Samsung's ‘Half-Baked’ Show
September 05 2014 2:10 AM
Samsung was desperate to garner buzz for its products before Apple unwraps its latest gizmos at an event on Sept. 9, an analyst said.
- Scientists Discover New Deep Sea Mushroom-Shaped Organisms
September 04 2014 8:02 AM
The new species also have similarities to many 600-million-year-old extinct life forms, according to scientists.
- Phablets Predicted To Dwarf Tablets Soon
September 04 2014 5:56 AM
Phablets are expected to have a bigger impact on the smartphone market in the future and Apple’s larger iPhone 6 could deal a blow to Samsung.
- Several Tech And Social Media Companies Suffer Brief Outages
September 04 2014 1:53 AM
Several tech and social media websites went down briefly Wednesday because of server maintenance and data center issues, the companies claimed.
- Apple Suppliers Ramp Up Production Of iPad Air 2 Components
September 03 2014 7:44 AM
The new iPad Air is likely to be thinner and faster than its predecessor, thanks to a more powerful processor.
- China Mobile Reportedly Gets Over 33K iPhone 6 Preorders
September 03 2014 5:22 AM
The iPhone 6, which is expected to sport NFC-based mobile-payment capabilities, has reportedly attracted over 33,000 preorders for China Mobile.
- JPMorgan Hack Could Be A Warning
September 03 2014 1:59 AM
Hackers who targeted JPMorgan last month were “a nation-state backed group” with “exceptional skills,” a former NSA chief told Bloomberg.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Price Leaked
September 02 2014 7:14 AM
Last month, Samsung sent out invites to its “Unpacked Episode 2” event, which will be held in three cities simultaneously.
- Low-Carb Diets Trump Low-Fat Ones, Study Says
September 02 2014 5:26 AM
Some carbs, such as whole grains and fruits, are considered healthier than those found in white bread and other processed foods.
- EU Survey Could Jeopardize Facebook-WhatsApp Deal
September 02 2014 2:54 AM
The massive $19 billion deal could be blocked by European regulators if they decide the deal could harm competition in the EU's common market.
- Antarctic Sea-Level Rising Faster Than Global Average
September 01 2014 8:34 AM
Researchers studied satellite scans of a region spanning over 386,000 square miles, or more than three times the size of the state of Virginia.
- Apple Closer To iPhone 6 Mobile-Payment System, Report Says
September 01 2014 7:29 AM
Apple is reportedly working on deals to sign up credit-card companies such as Visa, MasterCard and American Express as partners.
- Tablets Feel The Heat While PCs Fight Back
September 01 2014 5:15 AM
Even as tablet demand levels out in mature markets, new operating systems are expected to keep demand for PCs going in these markets.
- Amazon Accused Of 'Backdoor Entry' Into India's Retail Business
September 01 2014 3:08 AM
Amazon, having recently announced plans to invest $2 billion to expand in India, finds itself in a tax dispute with a local government.
- Study Suggests Genetics Controls Wild Animals Becoming Tame
August 30 2014 5:58 AM
Small changes in many genes rather than drastic changes in a few genes caused the domestication, the scientists said.
- Apple iWatch Release Could Be Delayed Until Early 2015
August 30 2014 3:27 AM
With no existing version of the iWatch to suffer declining sales ahead of a launch, Apple has the flexibility of unveiling the device later.
- Flies, Worms And Humans Share Ancient Patterns Of Genes
August 29 2014 7:37 AM
Despite sharing the same building blocks, the human genome is more than 10 times larger than those of the worm and fly.
- NASA Telescope Captures Asteroid Smashup
August 29 2014 7:19 AM
This is the first time scientists have managed to collect data before and after a planetary-system smashup.
- What Is Apple Not Telling Us About Its Newest Launch?
August 29 2014 4:28 AM
The tech giant says it wishes it "could say more" about the upcoming event, where a new, large-screen iPhone is expected to debut.