- E-Commerce Giant Alibaba Forays Into Soccer
June 05 2014 6:25 AM
The move comes at a time when Alibaba and its partners are exploring ways to expand beyond the company’s core e-commerce business.
- Some Supernovas Created By ‘Cosmic Zombies’
June 05 2014 3:56 AM
The new findings are expected to help researchers better understand how powerful supernova explosions occur in the universe.
- GM To Clear Top Brass In Recall Controversy: Report
June 05 2014 2:33 AM
CEO Mary Barra is expected to present the findings of the investigation on Thursday.
- Odds Are You're Probably Not Going To Buy A PC This Year
June 04 2014 8:27 AM
Worldwide shipments of PCs are expected to drop by 6 percent in 2014 as emerging markets continue to shy away from the machines.
- Huge Ancient Deep-Dwelling Croc Gets A Name
June 04 2014 7:18 AM
The new findings are expected to help scientists better understand how present-day crocodiles adapt to changing environments.
- Koalas Hug Trees To Beat The Heat
June 04 2014 3:46 AM
A koala’s body is covered with thin fur, which likely helps the animal's skin stay in close contact with cool tree trunks.
- iPhone Remains Best-Selling Smartphone In The US
June 04 2014 2:03 AM
Samsung was the only manufacturer to gain market share in the country since January.
- French Police Arrest 4 For Recruiting Militants For Syria's Jihad
June 02 2014 7:34 AM
Some fear that Europeans with a Muslim immigrant background who have fought in Syria's civil war may import Islamist militancy upon their return.
- Samsung Z Is The World’s First Tizen Smartphone
June 02 2014 5:55 AM
Samsung Z, which runs on the new Tizen operating system, will go on sale in Russia in the third quarter.
- Asian Nations Outperform The West In Latest Global Education Index
June 02 2014 3:21 AM
The report urges developing countries to focus on creating an army of effective teachers and giving them the autonomy to perform.
- iOS 7 Usage At High Levels In The US And Canada
May 31 2014 1:02 PM
Ahead of the iOS 8 announcement, iOS 7 adoption has reached new levels among iPhone and iPad users in the U.S. and Canada.
- Huge Eruption Of Solar Material Caught By NASA's New Observatory
May 31 2014 12:16 PM
The IRIS observatory is capable of capturing huge coronal mass ejections from the sun.
- Scientists Observe Moon’s Lopsided Shape From Orbit For First Time
May 30 2014 6:53 AM
The new findings are expected to provide more clues about the interior of the moon, according to scientists.
- Virgin Galactic Signs Spaceflight Deal With FAA
May 30 2014 5:32 AM
The deal will allow Virgin Galactic to work with the FAA and Spaceport America to ensure safe flight paths for its space plane.
- Most Russian Troops Removed From Ukraine Border: US
May 30 2014 3:21 AM
The removal of the troops has come after multiple announcements by Russian President Vladimir Putin that he had ordered such a withdrawal.
- Sequoia Capital Raises $530M For India-Focused Fund
May 30 2014 1:49 AM
The fund will be used to expand the company’s investments in the technology, consumer and health care sectors in India and Southeast Asia.
- Apple Expected To Launch Cheaper iMac, 8GB iPhone 5s At WWDC
May 29 2014 8:03 AM
Apple is also expected to debut the company’s iOS 8 and OS X 10.10, along with new hardware.
- Smartphone Juggernaut Fueled By Android To Roll On Until 2018
May 29 2014 6:35 AM
Android could lose a tiny sliver of market share over the next four years, as Windows Phone grows in popularity.
- Antarctic Ice Sheet Not As Stable As Previously Thought
May 29 2014 3:54 AM
Measurements at Antarctica's biggest glaciers suggest that the ice sheet is close to a massive retreat last seen thousands of years ago.
- New Expedition 40 Trio Expands ISS Crew To Six
May 29 2014 1:40 AM
The Expedition 40 crew will perform many research tasks focusing on areas including human research, biology, and Earth and space science.