- Biggest-Ever Flying Bird Identified
July 08 2014 7:27 AM
While the bird’s skeleton suggests that it was an expert flyer, its giant wings would have made it awkward on land, scientists said.
- PC Market Poised For A Comeback, Sort Of
July 08 2014 4:11 AM
Overall, the worldwide combined shipments of devices are estimated to reach 2.4 billion units in 2014.
- World Cup Tickets Official Arrested In Rio
July 08 2014 2:02 AM
Police said Whelan’s name repeatedly came up in telephone calls that led to last week’s arrests of 11 people.
- How Rising Carbon Dioxide Levels Are Affecting Plants
July 07 2014 7:57 AM
A new discovery might provide scientists with tools to engineer crops that can deal more effectively with climate change.
- iPhone 6 Could Be Assembled By Robots
July 07 2014 5:23 AM
Foxconn is planning to install 10,000 Foxbots to produce the iPhone while each robot can assemble an average of 30,000 devices a year.
- Malaysia To Send More Equipment For MH370 Search
July 07 2014 3:16 AM
The new equipment is expected to reach the search area by the middle of next month.
- US Military Wants An 'Iron Man' To Fight Enemies
July 05 2014 6:02 AM
The suit could weigh as much as 400 pounds, but it would enable impressive agility and speed.
- Chimpanzees' Gesture-Based Language Translated For First Time
July 05 2014 3:32 AM
When one chimpanzee taps another, it means, “Stop that.”
- New Earth-Like Planet Discovered
July 04 2014 7:55 AM
The planet's host star is much dimmer than the sun, which makes the planet much colder than the Earth.
- Apple Remains Leading Smartphone Maker In The US
July 04 2014 5:40 AM
While the iPhone was the most popular smartphone in the US, Android led among operating systems for smartphones.
- Study Links Fracking To Oklahoma Earthquakes
July 04 2014 2:56 AM
Nearly 450 earthquakes of magnitude 3 and larger occurred in the central and eastern parts of the U.S. between 2010 and 2013.
- Apple Lowers iPhone ‘Reuse And Recycle’ Trade-In Value
July 02 2014 8:49 AM
The latest trade-in value is significantly lower than what Apple offered in its previous recycling programs.
- Bigfoot Theory Takes A Hit From DNA Study
July 02 2014 6:25 AM
Instead, the study's findings suggest that there could be a new or hybrid bear species roaming the Himalayas.
- Presidential Privacy Board Blesses NSA Spying
July 02 2014 3:19 AM
The Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board was appointed by President Barack Obama to deliberate on the NSA's spying program.
- Samsung Launches Galaxy S5 Mini
July 01 2014 8:25 AM
The handset will run on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat operating system, and will be resistant to water and dust.
- Mars One Seeks Scientific Proposals For 2018 Mission Payloads
July 01 2014 7:24 AM
The Mars lander for the 2018 mission will be built on the same platform that NASA used for its Phoenix mission in 2007.
- Cameroon To Investigate World Cup Match-Fixing Allegations
July 01 2014 6:02 AM
A convicted Singaporean match-fixer called Wilson Raj Perumal accurately predicted the result of the game against Croatia.
- ISIS Attacks On Samarra Shrine Ignite Civil War Fears
July 01 2014 2:30 AM
ISIS has made no secret of its intention to destroy the Shiite shrine, which has been the cause of past sectarian conflict.
- Scientists May Have Discovered A Second Earth
June 30 2014 8:10 AM
The planet receives about the same average energy as Earth does from the sun.
- Bye-Bye, Brooklyn?
June 30 2014 6:08 AM
Jason Kidd may have coached his last Nets game following failed power play.