Articles by Kukil Bora
- Europe’s Gaia Satellite Lifts Off
December 19 2013 6:47 AM
Equipped with a 1,000-megapixel camera, Gaia will look to capture 3D images of stars, planets and asteroids.
- Apple Mac Pro Is Now Available
December 19 2013 5:09 AM
Apple's new Mac Pro desktop, the company’s first product to be completely manufactured in the U.S., is now available on its online store.
- How Safe Is Your MacBook Webcam?
December 19 2013 3:18 AM
Researchers have found webcams on the 2008 MacBook and iMac models, and more recent models from other vendors, can be compromised.
- Neanderthals Didn’t Worry About Incest: Study
December 19 2013 1:08 AM
Neanderthals had sexual relationships with close relatives, which, in today’s standards and in some cultures, is taboo.
- Astronauts Will Spacewalk To Fix Cooling System On The ISS
December 18 2013 6:23 AM
Each of the three spacewalks is scheduled to last six-and-a-half hours, according to NASA.
- Sustainability: Are Companies Putting Their Money Where Their Mouth Is?
December 18 2013 3:22 AM
Sustainability can boost a company’s bottom line, new research shows, contradicting popular belief that non-financial goals can harm profits.
- Massive Stars Help Discover Milky Way's ‘Missing’ Arms
December 17 2013 11:49 PM
Astronomers can't see what the Milky Way looks like, but they assume its shape by observing its stars and their distances from Earth.
- A Business Model Advancement That May Annoy - Facebook To Launch Auto-Play Video Ads
December 17 2013 5:46 AM
Will the move annoy users enough to log-off the social network?
- Neanderthals Showed Reverence To Elders, Buried Their Dead: Study
December 17 2013 3:26 AM
A Neanderthal skeleton, unearthed in a cave in southwestern France over a century ago, was intentionally buried, a new study reveals.
- Apple Releases OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks Update
December 17 2013 12:44 AM
In addition to the general OS X 10.9.1 build, Apple also released a system-specific version for the late 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display.
- Google Play Editions Of Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One Get Android 4.4.2 KitKat
December 16 2013 6:56 AM
Google Play editions of both Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One received the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Here are the OTA download links.
- Soviets Spent $1 Billion On ‘Psychotronic’ Arms Race With US
December 16 2013 5:40 AM
During the Cold War, the Soviets developed a device to generate and store high-frequency electromagnetic radiation produced by the human brain.
- US Leads World In E-Waste: New Interactive World Map
December 16 2013 3:05 AM
By 2017, the world’s electronic waste could fill a line of 40-ton trucks end-to-end that would stretch 3/4 around the world.
- NASA Considering Spacewalks To Fix ISS Cooling System
December 16 2013 12:45 AM
In 2010, there was a failure of the same pump on the International Space Station, which was fixed after three spacewalks.
- Remnants Of Big Bang May Hold Clues To Universe’s Formation
December 14 2013 12:32 PM
Scientists observed twisting patterns in the polarization of the afterglow of the big bang, or the cosmic microwave background.
- How To Download And Install iOS 7.1 Beta 2
December 14 2013 12:10 PM
The update has a build number of 11D5115d, and is now available as an over-the-air update or through Apple’s developer center.
- Twitter Reverses Changes On Blocking Policy
December 13 2013 5:31 AM
The microblogging site said that it would continue to look for features to prevent retaliatory behavior and abuse.
- First Strong Evidence Found Of Water Plumes On Jupiter’s Moon
December 13 2013 2:54 AM
The scientists have found water vapor on Europe and, according to previous findings, the moon's icy crust hides an ocean underneath.
- Duck-Billed Dinosaurs’ Heads Were Adorned With A 'Cocks Comb'
December 13 2013 1:04 AM
The new discovery may not be limited to Edmontosaurus alone and it hints at the possibility of fleshy structures on other dinosaur species.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat KOT49H Source Code, Factory Images Released
December 12 2013 6:48 AM
In addition to the KOT49H source code, factory images of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the latest Nexus devices have also been made available.