- Boehner's Challenger Loses Job After Rude Attack Ad
April 29 2014 1:10 PM
One of House Speaker John Boehner's Republican challengers lost his job at an Ohio university after an ad parodied an erectile-dysfunction drug commercial.
- Prosecutors Say US Rep. Grimm Failed To Report $1M In Income
April 28 2014 11:53 AM
The New York Republican is accused of hiding more than $1 million in income from a restaurant he owned and hiring illegal immigrants.
- Boehner, Heritage Action Clash Again, This Time Over Immigration Reform
April 25 2014 5:26 PM
The relationship between the speaker of the House and conservative groups went south last December over a budget agreement.
- Bloomberg-Backed Moms Group Set To Take On NRA
April 24 2014 5:25 PM
Just days after the former NYC mayor announced a $50 million initiative to fight the NRA, one of the groups he funds is about to face the gun lobby head on.
- Oklahoma, With An Oil And Gas Boom, Is Facing A Budget Crisis
April 24 2014 3:38 PM
State lawmakers strapped for cash are considering even more cuts to public programs. Critics say oil tax breaks are the real culprit.
- Lawmaker Drops Bid To Make Bible Louisiana's Official Book
April 23 2014 1:47 PM
Republican Rep. Thomas Carmody says the controversial bill has become a distraction.
- US House Still Opposed To Funding CDC's Gun Violence Research
April 22 2014 3:17 PM
Republicans say the CDC's gun violence prevention research will get no funding in FY 2015, and gun control advocates aren't happy.
- In South Carolina, It's Students Vs. Lawmakers On Gay-Themed Books
April 21 2014 11:52 AM
South Carolina students are rebelling against lawmakers trying to cut funds because gay-themed books are on the curriculum.
- Rob Ford Launches Re-election Bid With Populist Message
April 18 2014 1:51 PM
Ford says he has learned his lesson since the scandals and asks for a second chance to lower taxes and fight against elitists.
- Clinton's Favorability Hits 6-Year Low
April 18 2014 12:22 PM
The former secretary of state's favorability rating is still higher than those of her potential 2016 presidential GOP challengers.
- Republicans Sink Texas 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC
April 17 2014 4:35 PM
The Texas fundraising group's name started a political war between Republicans and Democrats vying for women voters.
- Christie Ahead Among Republicans For 2016, But Barely
April 17 2014 1:00 PM
The New Jersey governor is beating the Republican competition, but he loses to Hillary Clinton in a hypothetical matchup.
- North Dakota's 'Heartbeat' Abortion Law Found Unconstitutional
April 16 2014 5:45 PM
A U.S. district court judge says the Supreme Court has already legalized abortions up to a certain point.
- Out Of Office, Bloomberg Gets Even Tougher With NRA
April 16 2014 1:35 PM
Bloomberg's grassroots group will use the NRA's single-minded, single-issue strategy to take on the gun lobby.
- The Bible Could Soon Become Louisiana's Official Book
April 15 2014 5:06 PM
Louisiana state lawmakers want to make the Holy Bible the state's official symbol.
- ACLU Sues Michigan To Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
April 15 2014 1:46 PM
The ACLU of Michigan says same-sex couples who wed last month in the state's historic ceremony are being treated as "second-class" citizens.
- How Senate GOP's Block Of Paycheck Fairness Act Could Haunt Party In November
April 09 2014 1:26 PM
Senate Republicans say no again to a law meant to help close the gender wage gap.
- Deportations Hit Minor Offenders, Not Serious Criminals, Say Immigration Advocates
April 08 2014 3:18 PM
Independent studies appear to support complaints of a heavy-handed approach to deporting undocumented immigrants.
- Here's Where Jeb Bush And Other GOP Hopefuls Stand On The Issues
April 08 2014 6:06 AM
As Chris Christie's clout fades, several Republicans are maneuvering. From the Tea Party favorites to moderates, here's where they stand.
- Obamacare Now 'Hip'? Not Quite
April 07 2014 12:06 PM
However, Gallup data indicates that Republicans may have to adjust their strategy from the current all-out attack on health care reform.