Articles by Laura Matthews
- Norquist To Congress: Reform Immigration For The Sake Of US Economy
June 19 2013 1:36 PM
Sen. Marco Rubio and anti-tax advocate Grover Norquist call the CBO's score of the immigration reform bill evidence it's an economic winner.
- US Immigration Reform - Experts, Police Rebuff Gowdy’s Enforcement Bill
June 19 2013 12:20 PM
Advocates expressed disappointment in an immigration reform bill that could cause a trust deficit between police and public.
- Immigration Reform Bill Would Reduce Deficit By $175B: CBO
June 18 2013 5:49 PM
The nonpartisan entity says the Senate's "Gang of Eight's" immigration reform bill would save billions and reduce the deficit.
- Immigration Reform News: What's Inside U.S. Rep. Gowdy's Enforcement Bill
June 18 2013 4:52 PM
Take a look at what's inside the U.S. House immigration reform bill and see how Republicans want to toughen enforcement in America.
- Critics Say US House Immigration Safe Act Makes Communities Anything But
June 18 2013 1:41 PM
U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy’s immigration bill is focused on interior enforcement and will be the first measure voted on by the House.
- US Public Overwhelming Opposes Obama, Allies Arming Syrian Rebels
June 17 2013 3:57 PM
Americans say the military has too much on it plates and also worry Syria's anti-government groups may be no better than the government.
- Supreme Court To Arizona: 'Motor Voter' Law Is Illegal
June 17 2013 12:04 PM
The justices said the Arizona provision conflicts with the national motor voter law.
- Background Checks Backer Manchin To Fight NRA In New Ad
June 17 2013 10:33 AM
The West Virginia Democrat is pushing back at the NRA's target ads in his home state, questioning is Second Amendment commitment.
- Low-Skilled Immigrants Complement Americans, Not Compete: Study
June 13 2013 3:04 PM
This conservative report supports immigration reform and should knock some wind out of opponents' sails.
- Confidence In US Congress Falls To Another New Low
June 13 2013 10:24 AM
America's confidence in Congress as an institution has been below 30 percent for more than 20 years.
- Reform Advocates: Don't Make The Perfect The Enemy Of The Good
June 12 2013 12:25 PM
Chuck Schumer's mission to get the 2013 immigration reform bill passed with 70 votes is making some colleagues and advocates uneasy.
- Senate Votes 82-15 To Begin Immigration Reform Debate
June 11 2013 3:56 PM
Senators will now begin changing the immigration status quo, as they voted 82-15 to begin debate on the reform bill.