- McCain: ‘The Senate Will Not Repeal Or Defund Obamacare’
September 19 2013 5:52 PM
To think otherwise is "not rational," the Arizona senator said.
- Schumer And Reid Warn Republicans: Don't Mess With Obamacare, ‘We Will Not Blink’
September 19 2013 1:32 PM
As they play chicken with Republicans, Democrats say the highway leads to either a government shutdown or a default on the debt.
- Boehner Says He Has Votes To Defund Obamacare, Pelosi Says GOP 'Playing With Fire'
September 19 2013 12:41 PM
Days from a U.S. government shutdown, the language between the parties is getting even more hostile.
- Zuckerberg: ‘11 Million Is A Lot Of People Treated Unfairly’
September 18 2013 5:47 PM
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg says that even in a divided Washington, things that people agree on should get done.
- House Plan To Increase Debt Limit To Come Next Week, Says Cantor
September 18 2013 5:08 PM
The plan will include defunding Obamacare, the Keystone pipeline and tax reform, setting up a confrontation.
- US House Opts To Vote On Continuing Resolution That Defunds Obamacare
September 18 2013 4:15 PM
Conservatives won out -- and that makes a U.S. government shutdown more likely.
- A Heavyweight Steps Into US Immigration Debate: Mark Zuckerberg
September 18 2013 2:10 PM
The Facebook CEO, who rarely lobbies personally, has said it's his job to support advocates of immigration reform.
- Undocumented Immigrants Promise Civil Unrest To Push For Reform
September 18 2013 11:08 AM
Immigration advocates are angry with a president who, they say, has shifted from their champion to deporter-in-chief.
- US Immigration Reform Is Waiting For Takeoff, Advocates Say
September 17 2013 3:57 PM
Getting the bill out of Congress is possible in '13, say some pro-immigration Republicans. Now they need to convince their party.
- Some Republicans Want To Delay Defunding Obamacare, And Here’s Why
September 17 2013 11:22 AM
The upcoming debt ceiling fight -- and its potential for a U.S. default -- is making GOP hardliners reconsider their short-term strategy.
- 2013 US Immigration Reform: ‘Focus Hasn’t Changed,’ White House Says
September 16 2013 3:14 PM
Press Secretary Jay Carney says Obama is still very much interested in getting an immigration reform bill out of both chambers of Congress.
- Most Americans Still Dislike Obamacare - Good News For Republicans?
September 16 2013 10:37 AM
However, although most Americans disapprove of Obamacare, they are divided on what lawmakers should do about it.
- No Time For Recess If You Want To Fix Immigration, Pelosi Says
September 13 2013 1:26 PM
The Democratic leader encourages lawmakers to cancel recess and add immigration to the issues to resolve now.
- Pelosi: ‘Strong Negative’ Reaction If GOP Won’t Compromise
September 13 2013 12:17 PM
The Democratic leader says her side wants a compromise to avoid a government shutdown, but has yet to see a GOP plan.
- Budget Battle: US House Delays Continuing Resolution Vote, Lacks Support
September 12 2013 12:17 PM
Eighteen days before a U.S. government shutdown, Republicans are arguing among themselves.
- US Immigration Reform Is On Cantor’s Radar, But Don't Hold Your Breath
September 12 2013 5:36 AM
Top Republicans are talking about getting to work on immigration reform, but it's far from certain that this means it will actually happen.
- House Introduces Continuing Resolution To Fund US Government
September 11 2013 12:06 PM
The bill doesn't include language to defund "Obamacare," but House GOP leadership included a concurrent resolution to do just that.
- Cruz Warns House GOP Against Using ‘Procedural Chicanery’ To Defund Obamacare
September 10 2013 3:19 PM
Another symbolic vote against Obamacare is meaningless, says the Republican senator, and will only prolong this "disaster" of a law.
- For US Immigration Reform, Democrats Focus On 'Gettable' House Republicans
September 10 2013 12:36 PM
Amid all the Syria talk, Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats want to keep attention on U.S. immigration reform.
- Conservatives Balk At House Plan To Force Senate Vote To Defund Obamacare
September 10 2013 11:15 AM
Some conservatives prefer a vote on a continuing resolution that funds the federal budget but doesn't include funding for Obamacare.