- House Dems Try To Sell Immigration Bill As Deficit Reduction
September 06 2013 10:40 AM
How do you convince House Republicans to support immigration reform? A California Democrat has an idea: show them the money.
- Bill Clinton Defends Obamacare, 'Impressed' By What He's Seen
September 05 2013 1:27 PM
The former president says if young people can afford to buy insurance, they should, because they won't always be young.
- Should The Undocumented Choose Between Citizenship And Legal Status?
September 04 2013 4:15 PM
As the House stalls on a path to citizenship, an analyst says letting immigrants choose which form of legalization they want could solve the issue.
- Evangelical And Labor Alliance Pushes Boehner For US Immigration Reform
September 04 2013 1:23 PM
Advocates say Syria and budget negotiations are no excuse to push immigration reform to the back burner.
- Both Doves And Hawks Question A Syria Attack
August 31 2013 4:36 PM
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., is among those who still needs some convincing.
- GOP House Leadership To Act On Syrian Military Action The Week Of Sept 9
August 31 2013 3:24 PM
The GOP leadership says this time frame gives the president time to make his case to Congress and the American people.
- Obama To Seek Congressional Authorization For Attack On Syria
August 31 2013 2:06 PM
The U.S. president says Congress will debate and take a vote after it returns from recess Sept. 9.
- Syria Update: Obama To Make Statement From Rose Garden
August 31 2013 1:03 PM
Obama is expected to speak on the crisis in Syria.
- Republicans Can’t Afford Government Shutdown: AFL-CIO
August 31 2013 11:46 AM
Republicans will play games, but back down in the end because follow-through would hurt their donors, says AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka.
- Immigration Reform Work Will Pick Up After Recess: White House
August 31 2013 10:36 AM
Cecilia Muñoz, the president's point person on immigration, says she wants to make immigration reform a reality after the recess.
- GOP Leaves Budget Talks With White House: ‘No Common Ground’
August 30 2013 2:20 PM
With vast differences between the GOP and White House, Republicans say there’s little reason to continue the negotiations.
- House Group Preps US Immigration Bill For October Push
August 29 2013 1:45 PM
Comprehensive U.S. immigration reform may still happen this year, if this bipartisan group has any say about it.
- US Day Laborers To Janet Napolitano: Good Riddance
August 28 2013 2:48 PM
The National Day Laborer Organizing Network calls on the next Homeland Security secretary to give more immigrants relief from deportation.
- Rubio: We'll Raise The Debt Ceiling, For A Balanced Budget
August 27 2013 3:27 PM
The Republican Florida senator says the debt ceiling can be raised if Democrats agree to balance the budget over the next decade.
- House Democrats Ready To Make Concessions On Immigration
August 26 2013 4:57 PM
Rep. Luis Gutierrez says he would vote for a bill including stronger border security, because of the risks immigrants take to unite or stay with their families.
- Pro-Immigration Democrat Gutierrez Taking His Case To Republican Territory In Virginia
August 26 2013 1:47 PM
House Democrat Luis Gutierrez, who is pro-immigration reform, goes on the offensive in Republican-held Virginia districts.
- For Ted Cruz, It's Defund Obamacare, Or...
August 26 2013 10:30 AM
The Republican Texas senator says the fight to defund the health care law is likely to heat up in September.
- August Recess, And Impeachment Talk Is Heard In The Land
August 25 2013 2:35 PM
Some Republicans have been threatening Obama impeachment proceedings, but do they really mean it?
- Businesses To Congress: Let’s Talk About Immigration, Obamacare And The Economy
August 23 2013 10:18 PM
Lawmakers left Washington in gridlock during the August recess. Back home, they will be told anything hurting the recovery is a bad idea.
- Young Republicans' Advice To Party: Don't Be So Extreme
August 23 2013 11:16 AM
Young Republicans are offering advice on how win national elections. Hint: Some believe in the art of compromise.