- Why Is House GOP Moving Slowly On Immigration Reform?
July 11 2013 2:24 PM
The Obama administration decision to delay parts of the health care law is a sign to slow down, the GOP leadership says.
- Do House Republicans Have A Leadership Problem On Immigration?
July 11 2013 1:35 PM
Speaker Boehner is having a hard time selling members on seeing the big picture on immigration instead of short-term politics.
- No Pension Crisis Solution Means No Pay For Illinois Legislators And Governor
July 10 2013 3:21 PM
Gov. Quinn suspends Illinois legislators' paychecks until there is a pension reform solution.
- US Debt Ceiling Debate May Help Kill Immigration Reform
July 10 2013 11:42 AM
The debt ceiling debate's comeback around October will pressure House Republicans to prioritize, leaving immigration reform aside.
- Why US Immigration Reform Scares John Boehner
July 09 2013 10:24 AM
Boehner can either back a pathway to citizenship, ensuring his party's survival, or do nothing to stop its electoral downtrend.
- 2013 Sequester Cuts Reach Pentagon's Civilian Employees
July 08 2013 11:54 AM
The sequestration affects every military department except civilians in combat zones and those protecting life and property.
- For US House, Immigration Reform Is A Low-Priority Item
July 08 2013 10:53 AM
The House may consider voting on border security bills, but remains focused on energy and student loans -- and even the IRS and Benghazi.
- Senate's 2013 Immigration Reform Bill Could Cut Illegal Entry By 50%, CBO
July 03 2013 5:50 PM
A border surge amendment that saved the 2013 immigration bill would keep more immigrants out.
- Limbaugh To GOP: Forget Immigration, Focus On Obamacare
July 03 2013 1:41 PM
The talk radio host says House Republicans are losing sight of one issue that could really win them elections.
- Why House Republicans Are In No Rush To Pass Immigration Reform
July 03 2013 10:37 AM
A comprehensive immigration reform bill got an overwhelming vote in the Senate. And most likely, it will stay there.
- Democrats Blast 'Deal-Breaker' Piecemeal Immigration Bills
July 02 2013 5:58 PM
Immigration reform passed in the Senate may not fare as well in the House, where the two parties could not be more at odds.
- Tea Party To Boehner: Secure The Border
July 02 2013 2:21 PM
A Cincinnati tea party group wants an immigration border security bill "that has verification by local sheriffs."
- Rubio Could Steal Half Of Obama’s Latino Voters In 2016
July 02 2013 11:12 AM
The Florida Republican's work on the 2013 immigration reform bill could make half of Obama's Latino supporters change sides.
- Marco Rubio's Immigration-Reform Dilemma
June 28 2013 2:38 PM
The Florida Republican is betting that the immigration reform he supported will help him in 2016. Here's why he may be right -- or not.
- US Senate Passes Immigration-Reform Bill, 68-32
June 27 2013 4:30 PM
The legislation, which includes more than 1,000 pages, was written by four Democratic and four Republican senators.
- Senate Ends Debate On Immigration; Final Vote Near
June 27 2013 12:58 PM
Fourteen Republicans joined Democrats to invoke cloture on the 2013 immigration reform bill. A final vote could come at 4 p.m. today.
- Portman Won't Back Senate Immigration Reform Bill Without Tougher E-Verify Requirements
June 27 2013 11:38 AM
The GOP senator says the Senate must show the House it can insert tough measures in the immigration bill.
- Why The US House Doesn’t Have To Pass A 2013 Immigration Reform Bill
June 26 2013 2:46 PM
A Republican dilemma: The GOP must support immigration reform to win over Latinos. But House members are facing elections in 2014.
- US Senate Approves Border Surge Bill, 69-29
June 26 2013 1:34 PM
The Senate is now close to approving comprehensive immigration reform, after passing the border surge amendment Wed.
- US Supreme Court Prop 8 Decision Keeps Same-Sex Marriage Legal In California
June 26 2013 10:37 AM
Same-sex marriage remains legal in California, as the U.S. Supreme Court Tuesday decided it cannot take up California's Proposition 8.