- Hyatt Hotel Heiress Penny Pritzker Is New Commerce Secretary
June 25 2013 3:23 PM
The full U.S. Senate confirmed Obama's choice as Commerce secretary.
- US Supreme Court Strikes Down Key Section Of Voting Rights Act
June 25 2013 10:58 AM
The Justices said Congress must determine which states and localities may need closer monitoring of their elections.
- Border Surge Proviso Clears Senate In Win For Immigration Bill
June 24 2013 7:11 PM
An amendment to the immigration bill that would beef up security along the southern border has passed a key Senate test, 67-27.
- Brewer On Immigration Reform Bill: ‘I Only Support The Border Surge’
June 24 2013 5:07 PM
The Arizona governor said she is not endorsing the Senate's immigration reform bill but the border surge is a victory for her state.
- Arizona's Brewer Backs Gang of Eight's Immigration Bill
June 24 2013 2:30 PM
In supporting the immigration reform bill, the Republican governor says it's about time senators started talking about "the border surge."
- Supreme Court Sends Back Affirmative Action Case
June 24 2013 10:45 AM
The decision came after a 7-1 vote.
- US Drones Poor At Patrolling Southern Border
June 21 2013 3:53 PM
An amendment to the immigration reform bill calls for more drones, but the U.S. might not get the most for its dollars.
- Hoeven-Corker Amendment Doesn't Withhold Visas For Dreamers And Agri Workers
June 20 2013 4:07 PM
Under the Hoeven-Corker border security amendment to the U.S. immigration reform bill, DREAMers and agriculture workers need not worry.
- US Immigration Reform: Senate Kills Cornyn Amendment
June 20 2013 2:26 PM
The Senate votes 54-43 to reject Cornyn's border security amendment.
- US Senators Promise ‘Overkill’ Border Security Amendment
June 20 2013 12:38 PM
Tennessee's Corker says the border surge amendment to the immigration bill being worked on is being vetted by both sides to ensure support.
- Norquist To Congress: Reform Immigration For The Sake Of US Economy
June 19 2013 1:36 PM
Sen. Marco Rubio and anti-tax advocate Grover Norquist call the CBO's score of the immigration reform bill evidence it's an economic winner.
- Experts, Police Rebuff Gowdy’s Enforcement Bill
June 19 2013 12:20 PM
Advocates expressed disappointment in an immigration reform bill that could cause a trust deficit between police and public.
- Immigration Reform Bill Would Reduce Deficit By $175B: CBO
June 18 2013 5:49 PM
The nonpartisan entity says the Senate's "Gang of Eight's" immigration reform bill would save billions and reduce the deficit.
- Immigration Reform: What's Inside U.S. Rep. Gowdy's Enforcement Bill
June 18 2013 4:52 PM
Take a look at what's inside the U.S. House immigration reform bill and see how Republicans want to toughen enforcement in America.
- Critics Say US House Immigration Safe Act Makes Communities Anything But
June 18 2013 1:41 PM
U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy’s immigration bill is focused on interior enforcement and will be the first measure voted on by the House.
- US Public Overwhelming Opposes Obama, Allies Arming Syrian Rebels
June 17 2013 3:57 PM
Americans say the military has too much on it plates and also worry Syria's anti-government groups may be no better than the government.
- Supreme Court To Arizona: 'Motor Voter' Law Is Illegal
June 17 2013 12:04 PM
The justices said the Arizona provision conflicts with the national motor voter law.
- Background Checks Backer Manchin To Fight NRA In New Ad
June 17 2013 10:33 AM
The West Virginia Democrat is pushing back at the NRA's target ads in his home state, questioning is Second Amendment commitment.
- Low-Skilled Immigrants Complement Americans, Not Compete: Study
June 13 2013 3:04 PM
This conservative report supports immigration reform and should knock some wind out of opponents' sails.
- Confidence In US Congress Falls To Another New Low
June 13 2013 10:24 AM
America's confidence in Congress as an institution has been below 30 percent for more than 20 years.