- What To Look For In President Obama's State Of The Union
January 28 2014 6:33 AM
The president knows sweeping legislation will likely fail. But he signaled he's ready to use executive orders to get things done.
- Here's Why Republicans Aren't Making Progress With Women Voters
January 24 2014 2:02 PM
Let's just say some Republican candidates would benefit from a course in basic anatomy or human sexuality.
- This Republican Congressman Said What About A Wife's Role?
January 23 2014 3:29 PM
Rep. Steve Pearce, R-N.M., discusses in a memoir the wife's voluntary submission role, and husbands on a power trip.
- US Debt Ceiling Approaching Quickly: Lew
January 23 2014 12:00 PM
The Treasury secretary has warned Congress, again, that policymakers shouldn't play "chicken" with the U.S.'s full faith and credit.
- The US Immigration Reform Calculus, As Of Right Now
January 22 2014 1:37 PM
As House GOP leaders prepare their immigration "principles," some conservatives fear they'll just hide behind the Democratic Senate bill.
- Today's GOP - No Love Affair With The 47%
January 17 2014 1:08 PM
The conventional wisdom argues that a little more sensitivity would go a long way electorally. But the Republican Party still doesn't get it.
- Why Republicans Are Still Talking About Food Stamps
January 16 2014 4:11 PM
A Louisiana Republican says a system failure last October highlights fraud in the program. Advocates for the poor urge him to focus on contractor oversight.
- Congress: Playing Fast And Loose With Budget/Defense Bill
January 16 2014 2:19 PM
The war fund got fatter, but the Afghan Security Forces Fund was reduced by billions -- and other strange twists in the 2014 spending bill.
- One Of US Sen. Marco Rubio's Poverty Solutions Is...
January 09 2014 12:15 PM
Research shows that encouraging single mothers to marry has its challenges.
- Battle On The Right: US Chamber Of Commerce vs. Tea Party
January 08 2014 3:42 PM
The business lobby wants to get immigration reform done and punish obstructionist lawmakers -- a message to Tea Party Republicans.
- La Opinión Tackles House Republicans On ‘Citizenship Lie’
January 07 2014 1:47 PM
The Los Angeles-based newspaper blasts the House of Representatives for using citizenship as a tool to stall immigration reform.
- And That US Appropriations Bill's Status, As The New Year Begins?
January 06 2014 1:36 PM
Lawmakers need to agree on the fine details of how to spend the more-than-$1 trillion federal budget to avert another shutdown.
- Immigration Reform And Other Issues To Watch In 2014
January 03 2014 12:06 PM
Immigration reform, a Republican-led Senate and federal tax reform? Some of these things could happen. Others probably won't.
- Ted Cruz Preparing For 2016?
December 30 2013 1:23 PM
The junior senator from Texas may have signaled his intentions by renouncing his Canadian citizenship.
- The Democratic Party's Most Embarrassing Moments Of 2013
December 27 2013 2:00 PM
Obamacare website problems, an intrusive NSA and sex scandals added to a drama-filled year for the Democrats this year.
- The Republican Party's Most Embarrassing Moments Of 2013
December 26 2013 1:49 PM
U.S. Senator Ted Cruz and the tea party did their best to make 2013 a memorable one for the Republican Party.
- Festivus: The Best Of Rand Paul’s Twitter Grievances
December 24 2013 11:57 AM
In honor of Festivus (remember "Seinfeld"?) The Kentucky senator airs his grievances against Congress, his dad, and new Sen. Cory Booker.
- Why Ted Cruz Believes Republicans Will Win Senate Control In 2014
December 23 2013 12:16 PM
The Texas senator also suggests that if the House GOP wants help getting legislation through in '14, it should not pass immigration reform.
- Obama Frustrated Immigration Reform Didn't Happen In 2013
December 20 2013 3:43 PM
The president said he isn't brooding about failing to pass immigration reform in 2013, but that it's among his efforts for next year.
- Obama Holds Press Conference Friday: Where To Watch
December 20 2013 11:19 AM
Before heading off on a Hawaii vacation, President Barack Obama will hold a news conference today and take questions.