- Pelosi: Reach A US Budget By Thanksgiving
October 23 2013 12:41 PM
The House minority leader says this will give U.S. consumers confidence for the holiday season.
- Latest Obamacare Poll Result Is Not Good News For Opponents
October 23 2013 11:35 AM
In a Gallup poll, Republicans still dislike the law, but a slim majority of young people approve of it, among other findings.
- HealthCare.gov: 5 Best Pitches From Obama The Salesman
October 22 2013 2:56 PM
Obama defended his health-care law, claiming it's a good product with a website that's not up to speed but which is being improved.
- Rubio: 'Time For Proponents To Be Realistic' On US Immigration Reform
October 22 2013 12:57 PM
The Florida senator added Congress needs to focus on where there's agreement on immigration reform and avoid weaponizing the issue.
- Obama: Obamacare Website Will Be Fixed
October 21 2013 12:17 PM
The president did some damage control and offered assurances after the Obamacare website rollout was overshadowed by fiscal battles.
- Obama Says Immigration Reform Can And Should Happen This Year
October 17 2013 1:43 PM
After the shutdown and default deal, the president is bringing the focus back to immigration reform.
- Obama On Washington: 'How Business Is Done In This Town Has To Change'
October 17 2013 12:04 PM
The president praised Congress for ending the "twin threats," but added there "are no winners here."
- After The Shutdown Fight, Obama Wants Immigration Reform In 2013
October 16 2013 5:11 PM
Immigration reform will return to being a top priority of the president once the debt ceiling and government shutdown are resolved.
- US Senate Deal Reached To End Government Shutdown, Avert Default
October 16 2013 1:25 PM
Under the deal, the government will reopen until mid-January and the debt limit will be lifted until early February.
- McConnell Temporarily Halts Work On Bipartisan Senate Bill
October 15 2013 1:37 PM
The Senate minority leader wants to see if the House can actually pass its version of a federal budget and debt ceiling extension bill.
- Pelosi: Speaker Doesn't Have The Votes For His Plan
October 15 2013 12:05 PM
The minority leader says House Republicans are trying to sabotage the Senate's progress regarding a fiscal plan and debt ceiling increase.
- Boehner: House Hasn't Determined Next Move Yet
October 15 2013 11:51 AM
The talks with House members continue, with the speaker adding a decision regarding how to move forward will occur Tuesday.
- House GOP: We Have A Gov't Opening, Debt Ceiling Plan
October 15 2013 10:33 AM
The House GOP isn't waiting for a bipartisan Senate deal: its plan seeks more changes to Obamacare.
- Senators Close To Shutdown-Ending, Debt Ceiling Deal
October 14 2013 4:56 PM
Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell are getting closer, multiple sources are reporting.
- Republican Peter King Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz And His 'Crazy Movement'
October 14 2013 4:20 PM
The New York congressman is concerned the Texas senator could lead the party again to an untenable situation, and he's being vocal about it.
- Immigration Activists Attempt Shutdown Of Deportations
October 14 2013 4:04 PM
After forcing a federal court to temporarily suspend deportations last week, Arizona activists ratchet up the protest.
- Reid Offers McConnell A Deal On US Shutdown And Debt Ceiling
October 14 2013 12:25 PM
Senate Majority Leader McConnell is reportedly looking over his Democratic counterpart's proposal at this very moment.
- Boehner Secure In House Leadership, Says Gingrich
October 13 2013 1:40 PM
A united Republican Party (at least for now) isn't even talking about ousting Boehner as speaker.
- US Approaches Default - Can McConnell And Reid Compromise In Time?
October 13 2013 11:27 AM
All eyes are on the Senate as Oct. 17 draws closer. Some Republicans now say they overreached at first.
- Obama Likes Republicans’ Current Approach, But Still Has Concerns
October 11 2013 4:57 PM
The White House and the GOP are now talking with each other, but neither side is calling it a negotiation.