- Another Day, Another Shutout For Dems And GOP
October 11 2013 3:26 PM
However, despite not having an agreement with the White House yet, Senate Republicans say lawmakers are working on a bipartisan deal.
- Speaking Of Shutdowns: Activists Block Deportation Bus
October 11 2013 2:05 PM
Arizona pro-immigration activists up the stakes by fighting deportation with physical means.
- Obama Open To Short-Term Debt-Ceiling Hike, But It May Not Matter
October 11 2013 11:45 AM
Republicans have floated a short-term debt ceiling increase. But it could be moot. Here's why.
- Boehner, McConnell Score Worst Net Favorable Ratings In Gallup Poll
October 10 2013 5:02 PM
The GOP isn't looking too good to Americans right now. They especially don't approve of Speaker John Boehner.
- US Immigration Reform: Another Casualty Of Government Shutdown?
October 10 2013 4:12 PM
Immigration reform has been dormant for a while, but some opponents say that's not because of Washington's fiscal battles.
- New House GOP Plan: Holiday Debt-Ceiling Deadline
October 10 2013 12:19 PM
Republicans say they met Obama halfway, and that the short-term plan will give them time to have the conversation they want.
- 8 Scariest (And Funniest) Default Quotes
October 09 2013 7:38 PM
Some say a U.S. default on the debt is a rumor. Others don't want to find out what will happen after the Oct. 17 debt ceiling deadline.
- Obama Refuses To 'Make Extortion A Routine Part Of Our Democracy'
October 08 2013 3:29 PM
The president says he and Democrats are ready to talk, but not before the government shutdown ends and default threats subside.
- Senate Plans Clean Debt Ceiling Bill, But Some Republicans Skeptical Of Deadline
October 08 2013 12:25 PM
The U.S. government shutdown is now merging with the debt ceiling deadline crisis -- and both sides are formulating strategies.
- Virginia, Alaska, Alabama: Where The Shutdown Hits Hardest
October 08 2013 11:25 AM
A prolonged government shutdown would disproportionately affect states that go Republican, according to WalletHub.
- Schumer: Tea Party Planned Shutdown, But Boehner Will Cave
October 07 2013 1:01 PM
The New York senator says the Tea Party has been planning the shutdown for about a year, with Boehner's approval.
- Boehner: US Is Headed For A Default
October 07 2013 11:03 AM
The speaker of the house says he doesn't want a default, but adds that things are headed that way.
- Twitter Mocks Boehner For Saying Impasse ‘Isn’t Some Damn Game’
October 04 2013 1:07 PM
Some people on Twitter just aren't taking the Speaker of the House seriously.
- Boehner: Republicans Weren’t Aiming To Shut Down The Government
October 04 2013 12:28 PM
The speaker said all Republicans are demanding is a sit-down to work out differences with Democrats so that the government can reopen.
- Democrat Wendy Davis To Run For Texas Governor
October 03 2013 6:31 PM
It's an uphill climb for Davis, as Texas hasn't elected a Democratic governor since 1990.
- Zany Reasons Republicans Give For Not Ending The Shutdown
October 03 2013 1:00 PM
Hint: It's all about respect. Or something. Another GOP lawmaker mused he's assuming there's a plan here.
- Obama: A Vote Is The Only Way Out Of The Shutdown
October 03 2013 12:05 PM
The president Thursday will make his case to the American people, starting with small businesses.
- Shutdown Day 2: Obama Meets With Congressional Leaders
October 02 2013 2:43 PM
The White House says the president would not negotiate on Obamacare. As a result, little change is expected.
- These Republicans Want A Clean Continuing Resolution
October 02 2013 1:37 PM
A clean continuing resolution would immediately end the government shutdown, but it will take some Republican buy-in to join with House Democrats.
- House Rules Committee Mulls Shutdown Strategy
October 02 2013 11:28 AM
Democrats are rejecting House bills that would end the shutdown by opening only selected government agencies.