- Senate Democrats To House Republicans: No Go On Small Funding Bills
October 01 2013 5:41 PM
As the shutdown continues, Senate Democrats say they will not be forced to choose between vital government functions.
- President Obama: Not Giving In To 'Republicans' Reckless Demands'
October 01 2013 2:03 PM
President Obama told Republicans to reopen the U.S. government and stop going after Obamacare; the shutdown is hurting Americans.
- Republicans Get Lowest Rating Ever In Quinnipiac Poll
October 01 2013 11:13 AM
A new Quinnipiac poll shows the public is torn about Obamacare, but definitely not when it comes to the Republican strategy to kill it.
- No End To Shutdown In Sight: US Senate Rejects House Conference
October 01 2013 10:39 AM
“The government is closed because of the irrationality that is going on on the other side of the Capitol,” Majority Leader Reid, D-Nev., said.
- 'You Can't Shut It Down,' President Tells GOP Of Obamacare
September 30 2013 5:42 PM
Obama says the health care law is coming, shutdown or not.
- US Senate Rejects 1-Year Obamacare Delay, 54-46
September 30 2013 2:50 PM
The U.S. Senate used a simple majority vote to kill the House amendments to a 2014 continuing resolution.
- Why Last-Ditch Effort To Avert US Gov't Shutdown May Not Work
September 30 2013 2:22 PM
A one-week stopgap bill is said to be one of the strategies Republicans are considering, but it looks like that measure is already dead.
- Reid The Rock: Senate Dems To Defeat Another Attack On Obamacare
September 30 2013 12:19 PM
The federal government is on the brink of a shutdown; the two parties are unlikely to agree on a continuing resolution before midnight.
- Obama: Health-Care Market Will Open ‘Even If There’s A Shutdown’
September 27 2013 4:31 PM
Whatever Republicans in Congress do in an attempt to kill Obamacare is not going to work, the president said.
- US Senate Approves Budget As House Weighs Options
September 27 2013 2:07 PM
The Democratic-led Senate voted 54-44 to approve a continuing resolution that prevents a government shutdown and funds Obamacare.
- US Senate Votes 54-44 To Strip Defund Obamacare Language
September 27 2013 1:33 PM
Sen. Reid successfully removed defund language from the continuing resolution and will now move to pass a bill to prevent a government shutdown.
- Pelosi: Republicans 'Living Dangerously' Instead of 'Legislating Responsibly'
September 27 2013 12:58 PM
Work toward a budget: possible. Negotiating on the debt ceiling: no way. That's how the House minority leader summed up the Dem's position.
- Senate Votes 100-0 On Bill To Avert Government Shutdown
September 25 2013 1:44 PM
Lawmakers voted overwhelmingly to proceed with the House's resolution that defunds Obamacare.
- US Immigration Reform - Pelosi's Plan Not Taken Seriously
September 25 2013 5:48 AM
Pelosi plans to combine a Senate judiciary bill with a House border security bill still in the making, but it has little support.
- GOP's McConnell, Cornyn To Cruz: You're On Your Own
September 24 2013 12:06 PM
Top Republicans in the Senate say there's no way they would join Ted Cruz in blocking a continuing resolution that defunds Obamacare.
- Americans To Democrats, Republicans: Compromise On Budget, Debt Issues
September 23 2013 2:21 PM
The U.S. Congress may be polarized, but Americans still think compromise should win out over party orthodoxy.
- Republicans In Disarray Over Obamacare: Some Say Cruz Is 'Bad For The Party'
September 23 2013 11:53 AM
Amid U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz's call for Republicans to unite to end Obamacare, some in the party say he's flat-out wrong.
- Obama Says U.S. Will Be A ‘Deadbeat’ Without A Debt Ceiling Bill
September 20 2013 4:08 PM
The president is still refusing to negotiate on the debt ceiling, saying he won't let anyone allow America to run out on its bill.
- ‘Gang Of Seven’ Defections Weigh On Immigration Reform
September 20 2013 1:03 PM
The bipartisan group for immigration reform is crumbling: Only one Republican remains.
- US House Votes 230-189 To Avert Government Shutdown
September 20 2013 11:32 AM
Ten days before a potential U.S. government shutdown, the House voted for the 42nd time to defund or repeal Obamacare.