Articles by Lauren Holter
- Trayvon Martin's Parents Want FBI to Investigate Death of Son
March 16 2012 1:55 PM
The parents of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old shot and killed in Florida Feb. 26, want the FBI to investigate the case.
- Cinnamon Challenge Sparking Interest on YouTube [VIDEO]
March 16 2012 12:14 PM
The latest fad in food challenges, the cinnamon challenge, has reached everyone from NBS players to the governor of Illinois.
- Shaquan Duley: South Carolina Mom Pleads Guilty To Murder Of Sons
March 16 2012 11:44 AM
South Carolina mother, Shaquan Duley, began crying as she waited to plead guilty to the murders of her two young sons Friday without making a plea deal with prosecutors.
- GCB Disappoints and Offends
March 02 2012 5:16 PM
Full of big hair, big jewelry and big personalities, GCB is stirring up trouble in the Christian community.
- Chardon High Returns to Class After T.J. Lane Shooting
March 02 2012 3:06 PM
After the tragic shooting Monday that took the lives of three students and left two others wounded, the students of Ohio's Chardon High returned to school Friday.
- Japanese Researchers Build Conversation Stopper
March 02 2012 1:51 PM
Japanese researchers have developed a new gadget to stop a conversation in seconds.
- College Student Sues Mass. School Over Roommate's Sex Life
March 02 2012 12:17 PM
Former Stonehill College student, Lindsay Blankmeyer, is suing the college for $150,000 on the basis that officials didn't help her find a new dorm room.
- Scarlett Johansson Joins Cast of “Making of Psycho”
March 02 2012 10:54 AM
Scarlett Johansson is taking on the role of Janet Leigh in Sacha Gervasi's Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho.
- Chelsea Clinton Extending NBC Contract
February 24 2012 4:48 PM
Having a former President for a father and the current Secretary of State for a mother has gotten Chelsea Clinton far in life. According to Fox News, Clinton plans to extend her contract with NBC News to work on special segments for the shows Rock Center and Nightly News, despite negative feedback from viewers and fellow journalists.
- Brooke Mueller Charged with Cocaine Possession
February 24 2012 4:23 PM
Brooke Mueller, Charlie Sheen's ex-wife was charged with possession and distribution of cocaine in Colorado following her arrest in Aspen Dec. 30.
- Arizona Man Arrested for Adopting Raccoon
February 24 2012 4:13 PM
Instead of being applauded for saving a drowning raccoon in the Colorado River, 57-year-old Stan Morris was arrested seven months later.
- Rojas Guilty of Assault in NYC Subway
February 24 2012 2:55 PM
Following accusations of pushing a stranger into an oncoming subway train, Jose Rojas was convicted Friday of assault but acquitted of attempted murder.
- Woody Allen Takes ‘Bullets Over Broadway’ to Broadway
February 24 2012 12:34 PM
Broadway will soon have another Woody Allen creation on the stage: Bullets Over Broadway. The 1994 film is being adapted into a musical that aims to open in 2013.
- Dharun Ravi Trail Begins Opening Statements in New Jersey
February 24 2012 11:31 AM
Creating national awareness about bullying of young gays, the court case of former Rutgers student, 19-year-old Dharun Ravi, has begun its opening statements.
- Casey Anthony Civil Defamation Trial in April
February 17 2012 1:56 PM
Casey Anthony's civil defamation trial will most likely be in April. Brought about by Zenaida Gonzalez, Anthony is being sued for the hardships forced upon Gonzalez when Anthony identified someone with a similar name as abducting her daughter in 2008.
- Rupert Murdoch's Top 5 Scandals That Are Changing Journalism Forever
February 17 2012 12:23 PM
Rupert Murdoch, chief executive and founder of the global media empire News Corp., appears to be a businessman who doesn't always play by the rules.
- Marla Sokoloff Welcomes Daughter Elliotte
February 10 2012 4:55 PM
Former “Full House” and “The Practice” star Marla Sokoloff and husband Alec Puro welcomed their daughter Elliote into the world Wednesday.
- Bank of America Declares Living Customer Dead
February 10 2012 4:19 PM
Bank of America has been reporting Arthur Livingston, of South Carolina, as dead to the three major credit agencies since May 2009. Although he is very much alive, the regional manager of a chemical company's credit report reads, File not scored because subject is deceased.
- Jerry Sandusky Requests Looser Bail Restrictions
February 10 2012 3:23 PM
Former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky requested looser bail restrictions to allow him to visit with his grandchildren and old friends, while he awaits trial on child sex-abuse charges, but prosecutors countered that Sandusky's home is not safe for children.
- Ellen DeGeneres Supported by O'Reilly in One Million Moms Attack
February 10 2012 2:38 PM
After conservative Christian group One Million Moms attacked J.C. Penney for hiring a lesbian spokesperson, TV host Bill O'Reilly stood by Ellen DeGeneres' side.