Articles by Lisa Eadicicco
- PlayStation Blog Announces Free Games List For October
October 02 2012 4:19 PM
Sony has recently announced its lineup of content for the month, which includes some free games and other deals for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- Microsoft Cracks Down At Redmond To Prevent Xbox 720 Leaks
October 02 2012 3:02 PM
Microsoft's Xbox 720 is rumored for a 2013 release, and news that the company is tightening security adds to those speculations.
- Samsung Targets iPhone 5 In Latest Counterclaim Against Apple
October 02 2012 11:31 AM
The Apple versus Samsung lawsuit continues, and this time, Samsung has set its sights on the iPhone 5. The Korea-based company asked Judge Paul Grewal for permission to include Apple's recently released smartphone in a countersuit claim.
- 'Minecraft' For Xbox360 Hits 4 Million Sales
October 01 2012 5:38 PM
Markus Persson’s “Minecraft” may be the poster child of indie gaming, but its sales numbers have elevated to a commercial scale. As of Monday, the originally PC-exclusive game has reached 4 million in sales on the Xbox 360 platform.
- Microsoft Reportedly Developing Smartphones To Debut In Early 2013
October 01 2012 4:16 PM
Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8 software will soon be released on Nokia’s forthcoming Lumia devices, but the software company may be creating mobile hardware of its own. According to a report from the China Times, it has been working on a smartphone for four months.
- Apple Releases Update To Fix iPhone 5 Wi-Fi Bug For Verizon Users
October 01 2012 12:40 PM
Apple's iPhone 5 for Verizon has been affected by a bug that consumes data when connected to a Wi-Fi network. The company released a carrier update to address this issue.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Outshines Galaxy S3 In Drop Test [VIDEO]
October 01 2012 10:55 AM
As the release date for Samsung's Galaxy Note 2 hits the UK, the staff at Android Authority tested the device's strength through a series of drop tests described as the "most realistic" trials possible.
- Samsung And AT&T To Launch 3 New LTE Devices This Fall In Addition To Galaxy Note 2
September 28 2012 3:34 PM
The Galaxy Note 2 isn't the only device Samsung plans to release this fall. On Friday, AT&T announced that three new LTE-enabled gadgets will debut on the carrier.
- Authorities Can Access Your Facebook, Google+, And Other Social Media Accounts Without A Warrant
September 28 2012 12:27 PM
Recent statistics show that police can gain access to a user's Facebook, Google+, Twitter and other social media accounts without the approval of a judge.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Apologizes For Apple Maps: 'We Fell Short'
September 28 2012 10:40 AM
A little more than one week after the iOS 6 release date, Apple CEO Tim Cook posted an open letter to users apologizing for any shortcomings in Apple Maps.
- 'Assassin's Creed 3' Takes Players To The Boston Tea Party In New Trailer
September 27 2012 6:30 PM
The release date for 'Assassin's Creed 3' is quickly approaching, and Ubisoft has released another trailer to give players a peek at upcoming gameplay.
- 'Minecraft' Creator to Microsoft: 'Stop Trying To Ruin The PC As An Open Platform'
September 27 2012 5:07 PM
"Minecraft" creator Markus Persson isn't a fan of Windows 8. On Thursday he slammed Microsoft's upcoming operating system via Twitter, marking the second time he has publicly criticized the software.
- Apple Patent Hints At The Future of Siri
September 27 2012 12:45 PM
An Apple patent claiming ownership over Siri has just been discovered, and alludes to a heavier emphasis on the voice-activated assistant in future iOS updates.
- Windows Phone 8 Launch To Come In November For Some European Markets
September 27 2012 8:33 AM
Windows Phone 8 will be seeing a November release date for Germany, Russia and Italy. Pre-orders is Russia have kicked off today and pricing information in these countries has been revealed.
- Barnes & Noble Nook HD ANd HD+ Tablets To Debut This Fall
September 26 2012 3:04 PM
Barnes & Noble has officially unveiled its new Nook HD and HD+ tablets to debut this fall. The book seller will join the likes of Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Apple in offering a high-definition slate as the holiday season approaches.
- Galaxy Note 2 Hits South Korea; UK Release Date Announced
September 26 2012 10:56 AM
The release date for Samsung's Galaxy Note 2 has arrived for South Korean customers, and the U.K. plans to launch the device as early as next week.
- Logitech Reportedly Developing Accessories Catered To Windows 8
September 25 2012 6:41 PM
The release date for Microsoft’s Windows 8 is approaching, marking a new era for the 37-year old software company. The upcoming operating system will combine the elements of touch screen technology with a traditional PC style interface, creating a completely fresh user experience that Windows has not offered in the past.
- iPhone 5 Scratches Are 'Normal' Apple Exec Says
September 25 2012 4:58 PM
Apple's iPhone 5 came with an unexpected and disappointing feature for some users: scuffs and markings along the body. Apple's Senior VP of Marketing Phil Schiller responded to a user saying that it is "normal" for scratches or chips to show on aluminum surfaces.
- 'Mass Effect 3' DLC 'Omega' Details Emerge
September 25 2012 12:42 PM
The next Mass Effect 3 DLC entitled “Omega” was just announced last week, but fans have wasted no time digging up details on the expansion pack’s storyline.
- Galaxy S3, S2 And Other Samsung Devices May Be At Risk Due To New Security Hack
September 25 2012 11:11 AM
Samsung's Galaxy S3 is one of select devices vulnerable to a new hack that could wipe the entire phone clean-- and possibly destroy the phone's SIM along with it.