Articles by Lisa Mahapatra
- Where Are The World's Failed States?
June 24 2013 12:08 PM
Check out the latest map. What's more, the U.S. ranks below most European countries and Canada.
- What US Really Thinks Of PRISM And Its Discontents
June 22 2013 10:24 AM
Yes, the NSA PRISM leak was in the interests of the public, and, yes, Edward Snowden should be prosecuted.
- Pauper In Manhattan, Prince In Harlingen
June 21 2013 3:43 PM
The cost of living in Manhattan is 2.74 times that of the least expensive city in the U.S., Harlingen, Texas.
- This Is Why You're Probably Squeezed If You Live In New York Or New Jersey
June 21 2013 8:34 AM
In New York and New Jersey, income increases are just not keeping up with the rising cost of living.
- Fed Head’s End-Of-Bond-Purchases Talk Spooks Markets
June 20 2013 1:05 PM
Can the chairman of the world's most powerful central bank still sway markets with his words? Take a look.
- Carl Icahn Is A Tweeple Now
June 20 2013 12:24 PM
One tweet, Icahn amasses 1,190 followers in 24 minutes.
- Spies For Hire: The Private Intelligence Industry
June 20 2013 9:18 AM
70 percent of the U.S. government’s classified intelligence budget goes to private contractors.
- Bernanke Can Change Asset Class Performance
June 19 2013 4:36 PM
This is how influential the chairman of the Federal Reserve is.
- Unsecured iPhones Could Leak Small Businesses' Data
June 18 2013 1:57 PM
61 percent of small businesses don't secure their employees' Apple devices against data leaks.
- Where In The US Can You Legally Smoke Weed?
June 18 2013 7:48 AM
Here’s where each American state currently stands on cannabis consumption.
- Hey, Apple Customers, How Private Is Your Info?
June 17 2013 12:32 PM
In the last six months, Apple shared info from about 9,000 specific consumer accounts, here’s why.
- Boeing Versus Airbus: Who’s Winning? [INFOGRAPHIC]
June 15 2013 8:57 AM
Based on the number of airplane orders booked by the companies last year, Boeing beat Airbus -- but by just 13 planes.
- How Digitally Advanced Are Europeans?
June 14 2013 9:07 AM
More than 65 percent of Greek citizens have never used the Internet.
- America’s Relationship With Casual Dining
June 13 2013 11:08 AM
McDonald's was the most-visited fast-food restaurant in America in April 2013.
- Here’s How Bloomberg Wants To Help Protect New York From Storms
June 13 2013 9:53 AM
A new $20 billion storm protection plan was announced on Tuesday that will extend far past the end of Bloomberg's term as mayor.
- Here’s Where Home Prices Rose And Fell In The World
June 11 2013 2:47 PM
The U.S. saw prices rise by 10.2 percent over the past year, its highest rate of annual growth since 2006.
- European Housing Market Caps Average Global House Prices
June 11 2013 2:34 PM
Knight Frank's Global House Price Index shows 35 of 55 markets tracked increase, but Europe remains weak.
- Why Commodity Prices Are 192% Higher Than In 1950
June 11 2013 11:13 AM
Metals, minerals and energy are at the core of the commodity price run-up.
- Nonprofits That Spend Almost All On Fundraising
June 10 2013 12:29 PM
The nation’s 50 worst charities have paid corporate solicitors nearly $1 billion over the past 10 years.
- Here’s How Mobile Shopping Is Revolutionizing Retail
June 08 2013 12:50 PM
People who use smartphones to shop usually end up buying more stuff than people who do not use them.