Articles by Lisa Mahapatra
- Unsecured iPhones Could Leak Small Businesses' Data
June 18 2013 1:57 PM
61 percent of small businesses don't secure their employees' Apple devices against data leaks.
- Where In The US Can You Legally Smoke Weed?
June 18 2013 7:48 AM
Here’s where each American state currently stands on cannabis consumption.
- Hey, Apple Customers, How Private Is Your Info?
June 17 2013 12:32 PM
In the last six months, Apple shared info from about 9,000 specific consumer accounts, here’s why.
- Boeing Versus Airbus: Who’s Winning? [INFOGRAPHIC]
June 15 2013 8:57 AM
Based on the number of airplane orders booked by the companies last year, Boeing beat Airbus -- but by just 13 planes.
- How Digitally Advanced Are Europeans?
June 14 2013 9:07 AM
More than 65 percent of Greek citizens have never used the Internet.
- America’s Relationship With Casual Dining
June 13 2013 11:08 AM
McDonald's was the most-visited fast-food restaurant in America in April 2013.
- Here’s How Bloomberg Wants To Help Protect New York From Storms
June 13 2013 9:53 AM
A new $20 billion storm protection plan was announced on Tuesday that will extend far past the end of Bloomberg's term as mayor.
- Here’s Where Home Prices Rose And Fell In The World
June 11 2013 2:47 PM
The U.S. saw prices rise by 10.2 percent over the past year, its highest rate of annual growth since 2006.
- European Housing Market Caps Average Global House Prices
June 11 2013 2:34 PM
Knight Frank's Global House Price Index shows 35 of 55 markets tracked increase, but Europe remains weak.
- Why Commodity Prices Are 192% Higher Than In 1950
June 11 2013 11:13 AM
Metals, minerals and energy are at the core of the commodity price run-up.
- Nonprofits That Spend Almost All On Fundraising
June 10 2013 12:29 PM
The nation’s 50 worst charities have paid corporate solicitors nearly $1 billion over the past 10 years.
- Here’s How Mobile Shopping Is Revolutionizing Retail
June 08 2013 12:50 PM
People who use smartphones to shop usually end up buying more stuff than people who do not use them.
- Some Of The Things Dwarf-Tossing Billionaire Prince Alwaleed Owns
June 07 2013 3:14 PM
Prince Alwaleed, known for ranking 29th on Forbes’ list of billionaires and tossing dwarves, claims he’s even richer than the magazine said.
- Compared To Rest Of The World, US Labor Force Is Doing OK
June 06 2013 11:46 AM
So far in 2013, the overall U.S. unemployment rate has fallen 0.4 percentage points, from 7.9 percent in January to 7.5 percent in April.
- How Much Would A Chinese Bride Cost You?
June 06 2013 5:45 AM
Depending on where her family is from, anywhere from 1 million yuan or 8,888 yuan and 9 cows, to absolutely nothing.
- What Your Kids Are Really Up To On The Internet
June 05 2013 11:07 AM
69 percent of young people aged 10-23 take active measures to hide their online behavior from their parents.
- How Much Do Americans Spend Compared To Others?
June 04 2013 4:41 PM
Private consumption in the U.S. accounts for more than 70 percent of GDP.
- Manufacturing: Growth Slows, But So Does Contraction
June 03 2013 4:25 PM
China's manufacturing sector is still shrinking, but at a slower pace than last year.
- China's Elderly Have A Threadbare Safety Net
June 01 2013 11:00 AM
Quality of life for elderly Chinese is abysmally low compared to that of the elderly in the U.S. and U.K.
- Rich Families, Poor Families: Where Do Their Wages Go?
June 01 2013 9:59 AM
Low-income households often spend more than half their annual income on housing.