- The data demonstrates that the world is still spending a considerable portion of public funds on defense.
- The weather. The severe winter played havoc on economic conditions, according to the Federal Reserve.
- With its defense budget, China is making a statement. And how do India, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and the Philippines compare?
- Every single geotagged tweet about the Oscars, in an animated map.
- More people put in requests to buy guns during December 2012 than any single month since 1993.
- From Janet Gaynor, the first-ever Academy Award winner, to Jennifer Lawrence.
- More than 230 million people were living outside the countries of their birth in 2013. Many of them sent money home.