Articles by Lisa Mahapatra
- Which Developed Countries Will Be Spending More Than They Can Afford In 2014?
May 30 2013 2:15 PM
In 2014, the U.S. government will likely run a deficit equal to 5.3 percent of GDP.
- In Developed World, How Many Will Be Unemployed In 2014?
May 30 2013 11:47 AM
In 2014, Greece's unemployment will likely hit another record-high of 28.4 percent.
- Germany Leads, But How Efficient Will These Other Economies Be In 2014?
May 29 2013 5:37 PM
By 2014, Germany will be one of the most efficient economies in the world, with an output gap of only -0.2 percent.
- How Much Will These World Economies Grow In 2014?
May 29 2013 3:36 PM
Chile's economy is expected to grow by 5.3 percent in 2014.
- In Providing Basic Needs, Europe Bests The US
May 24 2013 10:20 PM
Despite severe economic challenges, European countries are still among the best places to live. Here's why.
- Republicans Feel Sting Of US Budget Sequestration
May 24 2013 7:04 PM
Republicans were 14 percentage points more likely than Democrats were to report they had experienced negative impacts from the sequester.
- Where The $20.5B Ax In Food Stamps Would Fall
May 23 2013 4:15 PM
The House just approved $20.5 billion in cuts to the federal food stamp program. Which states will feel the pinch the most?
- Mapping The NCoV Virus: 42 Cases, 22 Deaths
May 23 2013 4:09 PM
Click through for a map of all the clusters of confirmed novel coronavirus virus cases:
- Before Tumblr, Mayer Bought These For Yahoo
May 22 2013 1:39 PM
These are the 10 companies that Marissa Mayer acquired for Yahoo before she got to Tumblr.
- These Companies Are Hoarding Billions Overseas
May 21 2013 1:13 PM
These are the top five American companies with the most accumulated offshore profits. And no, Apple isn't one of them.
- Latin America's Ride Into The Big Bucks
May 20 2013 2:32 PM
Despite global decreases in foreign investment, Latin America received more money than ever. Which countries got the most?
- Borrowing To Buy: How Much Do Americans Owe?
May 18 2013 11:46 AM
American households currently owe $11.23 trillion. Find out what they're doing with the money they've borrowed.
- Where In The World Are The Military Drones?
May 18 2013 10:20 AM
The U.S. has by far the greatest variety of military drones in the world. Check out the other 59 countries that also possess military drones.
- Are Some Celebs Actually Immortal?
May 17 2013 3:00 PM
Probably. Click through to find out how they got that way.
- Where Does Your Shirt Come From?
May 16 2013 3:51 PM
The factory that collapsed in Cambodia is the latest deadly industrial disaster. Click to see which economies are dependent on apparel exports.
- Should Eric Holder Be Fired?
May 14 2013 1:15 PM
The U.S. Attorney General is under more fire as new scandals erupt. Do you think he needs to go?
- How The IRS Began Targeting Conservative Groups: A Timeline
May 13 2013 6:41 PM
Track the history of the Internal Revenue Service's effort to pursue Tea Party and other right-leaning groups.
- FEMA's Sandy Grants: Who Got Money, And Who Didn't?
May 10 2013 11:27 PM
These maps show exactly how much money the Federal Emergency Management Agency gave to homeowners in the tri-state area, and how many requests for funding they denied.
- The Worst Industrial Accidents In History [TIMELINE]
May 08 2013 1:54 PM
The Bangladesh factory collapse that killed 800 is just the latest. Click through for a history of the world's worst industrial accidents.
- Which Cities Do Billionaires Prefer?
May 07 2013 11:28 PM
After three years, New York is back as the city with the most billionaires. Click through to see where you'll find the richest.