Articles by Lisa Mahapatra
- Nasdaq - To 4,000 And Beyond?
November 25 2013 3:00 PM
The stock index broke the 4,000 mark Monday, but not for the first time. Here’s a timeline of Nasdaq's milestones.
- Which Governments Are The Most Generous?
November 22 2013 3:04 PM
Despite donating the most in dollar amount to humanitarian causes in 2010, the U.S. was not the most generous country in the world.
- Where Were You On These Days?
November 22 2013 10:44 AM
Those old enough to remember where they were when President Kennedy was murdered and one other date.
- The 10 Most Expensive Addresses In The World
November 20 2013 12:25 PM
If you live in these locales, you're not in the low-rent district.
- The Trend For Europe's Trade Deficit With China
November 19 2013 2:59 PM
Both imports from and exports to China from the EU28 member countries declined in the first half of 2013.
- A Timeline Of Every 1,000-Point Increase In The DJIA
November 18 2013 4:17 PM
It took the Dow a mere six months to go from 15,000 to 16,000 points, an eyeblink compared to how long it took to get to its first 1,000 points.
- This Is How Inefficient The US Health Care System Really Is
November 18 2013 1:47 PM
The United States ranks fourth among OECD countries, with the highest health care expenditures per capita, driven by private sector spending.
- The Best Cities For Ordering In On Thanksgiving
November 15 2013 2:20 PM
More restaurants on the East Coast are offering Thanksgiving takeout options than in the Midwest or the West Coast.
- The Google Transparency Report, Mapped
November 14 2013 4:45 PM
The number of requests Google received for private data from governments has more than doubled since 2009.
- What’s The Most Popular Mobile Phone Brand In Your Country?
November 14 2013 2:47 PM
True, the iPhone is sleek and winning the app war, but Samsung is king in 90 countries.
- Here’s How Obesity Relates To Gender, Race And Income In The US
November 13 2013 3:16 PM
There are more correlations between race and obesity than income level and obesity.
- Global GDP Will Fall To 2.9% In 2013
November 12 2013 3:51 PM
The recent recession slowed global GDP growth to 3.2 percent in 2012, and it's still falling.
- How Google's Android Took Over The Market
November 11 2013 3:22 PM
Android is king in more than half the countries surveyed.
- Where Do The United States’ Richest Residents Live?
November 09 2013 12:06 PM
There are more than 65,000 people in the U.S. worth more than $30 million. Here’s where they live.
- How Much Is A Worker Worth?
November 08 2013 2:28 PM
The economic value of the average worker in the U.S. is not the same as that of a worker in Switzerland.
- Where Do Billionaires Live?
November 07 2013 3:17 PM
Cue Frank Sinatra's theme song - the one from the latter part of his career.
- The 0.00003 Percent
November 07 2013 12:56 PM
The combined net worth of the world's billionaires stands at $6.5 trillion, more than the GDP of every country except the U.S. and China.
- How Much Does The US Government Know About Your iPhone?
November 06 2013 11:33 AM
U.S. law enforcement agencies requested data on more than 8,000 Apple devices in the first half of 2013.
- What Do Business Leaders Do With Their Free Time?
November 05 2013 6:24 AM
Two activities that most would not suspect, topped the list.
- Where Are Workers Most Engaged?
November 04 2013 2:12 PM
Only 13% of the world’s workers are engaged in the work they’re doing; 24% are so unhappy they’re actively undermining their colleagues’ work.