Articles by Lisa Mahapatra
- Do Fast-Food Workers Need A Pay Raise? [Infographic]
August 08 2013 9:54 AM
U.S. fast-food industry employees, by the numbers.
- The Sequester Squeeze
August 07 2013 3:08 PM
The federal workforce has been contracting at a faster pace since the sequester kicked in.
- In The US, Who Makes Minimum Wage?
August 07 2013 6:07 AM
That would be mostly food prep and food-service workers.
- US Millennials Taking Longer To Leave The Nest
August 06 2013 6:00 AM
21.6 million U.S. young adults were living in their parents’ homes in 2012, according to a new Pew Research Center report.
- Millennials Are More Forgetful Than Seniors
August 05 2013 11:04 AM
They’re especially bad at remembering what day it is.
- Do You Want To Be An American? Play The Game!
August 02 2013 11:10 PM
More than 700,000 immigrants were naturalized as U.S. citizens in 2012.
- Things China Makes
August 02 2013 9:33 AM
More than 90 percent of all personal computers manufactured in the world in 2011 were made in China.
- The 10 Economically Weakest Cities In The US
July 31 2013 10:58 AM
Nine of them used to be major manufacturing centers.
- US Foreclosures Declining But Still High
July 30 2013 11:01 AM
55,000 foreclosured were completed in June 2013, more than double the 21,000-per-month average in 2007.
- Here’s How Facebook Could Make Even More Money
July 29 2013 11:19 AM
By offering the option of an ad-free experience and focusing on foreign markets.
- How Quickly Do Employees Quit Jobs At Fortune 500 Companies?
July 26 2013 1:59 PM
Some companies have a employee turnover rate of as little as 9 months, and others as high as 20 years.
- Netflix Is Winning The Subscription Streaming Game
July 26 2013 10:55 AM
The number of digital TV viewers will hit a crucial tipping point in 2014, with Netflix now leading the pack.
- Why The Poor Are Getting Poorer, In One Chart
July 25 2013 12:04 PM
Hourly wages for low-paying jobs are just not keeping up with inflation.
- How Do US Workers Get To Work?
July 24 2013 6:02 AM
Most of them drive, and far too few carpool.
- Infrastructure: China Might Overtake US By 2014
July 23 2013 2:51 PM
Home to the second-largest stock of built assets, China will likely overtake the U.S. in that regard by mid-decade.
- Huge Racial Divide Over Zimmerman Verdict
July 23 2013 5:20 AM
Almost 50% of white Americans were satisfied with the Zimmerman verdict, while only 5% of black Americans felt that way.
- How Many Americans Really Care About The Royal Baby?
July 22 2013 11:32 AM
Only 25 percent of U.S. residents said that they followed the news of the royal baby very or fairly closely.
- The Decline Of Detroit, By The Numbers [INFOGRAPHIC]
July 19 2013 2:19 PM
Detroit’s population is less than one-half of what it was at its peak in the 1950s.
- The State Of The US Constitution’s First Amendment
July 19 2013 5:31 AM
One in three Americans say that the First Amendment goes too far in the rights it guarantees.
- What The World Thinks: US vs. China
July 18 2013 1:35 PM
67 percent approve of the U.S., but only 50 percent approve of China.