Articles by Lisa Mahapatra
- The Economics of US Prime Time: How Much Does A 30-Second Ad Cost?
October 14 2013 11:50 AM
CBS is the priciest network. CW is a bargain.
- Where In The World Do Women Hold The Most Seats In Parliament?
October 12 2013 11:49 AM
Most female parliamentarians are in Latin American and sub-Saharan African countries.
- Where In The World Is Mobile Data Most Affordable?
October 11 2013 6:24 AM
Austria has the most affordable mobile data subscription fees in the world.
- Craving Pumpkin? Portland's The Place To Be
October 10 2013 4:29 PM
Pumpkin pie, muffins, soup, lattes, relish, lasagne... It's easier to find them in some places than others.
- The Most Expensive ZIP Codes In The US
October 09 2013 1:45 PM
Here's a hint where they are: They’re concentrated in New York, California and Florida.
- How Effective Will Obamacare Be In Different States?
October 08 2013 11:55 AM
Some states have a higher percentage of residents who are newly eligible for subsidized health insurance.
- What's A US Vote Worth?
October 07 2013 11:45 AM
A vote in Wyoming has three times more influence than a vote in California.
- Twitter Vs The Competition: Is This The Time For An IPO?
October 04 2013 4:51 PM
Twitter’s revenue per employee is lower than that of six other publicly traded social-media and Internet companies in the IBTimes’ comparison.
- Where Do The Rich People Live In The US? [MAPS]
October 04 2013 10:39 AM
Check out these interactive visualizations of income disparity in major American cities.
- Silk Road Vs. Street: Drug Prices
October 03 2013 4:33 PM
Cocaine was a lot cheaper on Silk Road, the now-defunct online drug marketplace.
- Volatility In US Markets Means Now's The Time To Buy: Analyst
October 03 2013 11:42 AM
Uncertainty in Capitol Hill is causing higher volatility in assets prices; this is a likely buying opportunity.
- How Is Your State Implementing Obamacare?
October 02 2013 11:36 AM
The new health insurance exchanges kicked in on Oct. 1, unaffected by the shutdown. Here’s how each U.S. state is implementing them.
- The Shutdown And The S&P 500
October 01 2013 2:34 PM
No need to panic. Here’s why.
- US Government Shutdown 2013: Countdown To Zero Hour
September 30 2013 3:33 PM
The clock is ticking toward the first shutdown in 17 years as the House and Senate fight over conditions to fund the federal government.
- Where Do Women Earn More In The US?
September 30 2013 12:16 PM
The gender wage gap is a lot wider in certain U.S. states, compared to others.
- US Government Shutdown? What’s It To You?
September 27 2013 4:52 PM
No passports, visas or gun permits will be issued starting Oct. 1 if lawmakers can’t agree on a government spending bill.
- If You’re A Woman, Stay Away From Louisiana
September 27 2013 8:27 AM
But you might want to move to Maryland. A new study ranks states by how women-friendly they are.
- The Lost Wallet Experiment
September 26 2013 5:49 AM
Readers Digest 'lost' 192 wallets in 16 cities -- that’s 12 wallets in each city -- to see how many would be returned.
- Angela Merkel In The Haus
September 25 2013 2:10 PM
Angela Merkel, head of Germany's conservative Christian Democratic Union, was re-elected Sunday but narrowly missed an absolute majority.
- Who Are Russia’s Allies And Enemies? [INFOGRAPHIC]
September 21 2013 11:45 AM
Belarus tops the list of allies, and the U.S. tops the list of hostile countries, according to a recent poll of Russian residents.