Articles by Lisa Mahapatra
- What's Your Degree Worth? Lifetime US Earnings By Major And Occupation [CHART]
September 17 2013 5:52 AM
U.S. Census Bureau data shows how much undergraduate degree holders will earn in a lifetime, based on their occupation and major.
- More Than Half Of US Residents Don’t Approve Of Obamacare
September 16 2013 2:48 PM
And health insurance exchanges go into effect in just two weeks.
- Where Are The Bros Of Lehman Brothers? [INFOGRAPHIC]
September 13 2013 10:28 PM
When Lehman Brothers collapsed, it took down the careers of Dick Fuld, Erin Callan and Joe Gregory, among others.
- US Economic Freedom On The Decline
September 12 2013 2:56 PM
The United States, which ranked 10th on the Economic Freedom Index, scored 76, the lowest it has scored since 2000.
- Most Muslims Don’t Approve Of Islamic Extremism
September 12 2013 5:34 AM
Clear majorities of the Muslim population in many of the countries surveyed were opposed to violence in the name of Islam.
- Which Countries Have Chemical Weapons?
September 11 2013 5:53 AM
Russia and the United States have had the two largest chemical weapons stockpiles ever owned.
- Did The US Defense Lobby Play A Role In The Syria Vote?
September 10 2013 5:59 AM
Senators who voted "yes" for military force use in Syria received a lot more defense sector money than those who voted "no."
- Where US Low-Wage Workers Have Gone On Strike
September 09 2013 9:56 AM
A map of all the cities where low-wage workers at Walmart and fast-food restaurants have gone on strike recently.
- Where In The World Are The Latest Tax Havens?
September 06 2013 12:38 PM
Looking for a good place to stash cash? Here's a map of countries and regions that are former, current and emerging tax havens.
- How Do People Around The World Feel About Their Country’s Economy?
September 05 2013 5:51 AM
Europeans are still very pessimistic, the Chinese are the most optimistic.
- In The US, Who Doesn’t Pay Taxes?
September 04 2013 1:50 PM
Only 14 percent of U.S. residents pay neither income nor payroll taxes, and most of them are elderly or poor.
- Only Nine Countries Have A Higher Minimum Wage Than The US’
September 03 2013 3:31 PM
After adjusting for buying power, the U.S. minimum wage doesn’t sound quite so low.
- How Often Does Facebook Tell Global Governments Your Secrets? [INFOGRAPHIC]
August 30 2013 9:06 PM
The United States tops the list of governments that requested Facebook client data, followed by India.
- Who Thinks It’s OK To Use Military Force Without UN Approval?
August 30 2013 3:11 PM
Nine nations out of 23 have a majority that say U.N. approval is not necessary to use military force.
- The 10 Richest US Presidential Candidates
August 30 2013 9:29 AM
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is tied for sixth place with her husband.
- The New American Household - A Singular Experience
August 29 2013 11:20 AM
More people are living alone than ever before, according to a new U.S. Census Bureau report.
- Where Are The Jobs In The Middle Of The Pay Spectrum?
August 24 2013 6:00 AM
While the U.S. economy has seen considerable growth in both very low-paying jobs and very high-paying jobs, it’s the jobs in the middle of the pay spectrum that are missing.
- Smartphone Users Vs. Experts
August 23 2013 6:08 AM
Not all smartphones that receive high ratings from expert reviewers end up being popular.
- What Drinks Will Land You In The ER?
August 22 2013 10:24 AM
A new study finds that those who end up in the ER for alcohol-related conditions are more likely to have drunk certain types and brands.
- Which US States Have The Most Welfare Benefit Programs?
August 22 2013 5:44 AM
Hawaii, Massachusetts and Washington, D.C., have the largest welfare benefits packages.