Articles by Lisa Mahapatra
- How Quickly Do Employees Quit Jobs At Fortune 500 Companies?
July 26 2013 1:59 PM
Some companies have a employee turnover rate of as little as 9 months, and others as high as 20 years.
- Netflix Is Winning The Subscription Streaming Game
July 26 2013 10:55 AM
The number of digital TV viewers will hit a crucial tipping point in 2014, with Netflix now leading the pack.
- Why The Poor Are Getting Poorer, In One Chart
July 25 2013 12:04 PM
Hourly wages for low-paying jobs are just not keeping up with inflation.
- How Do US Workers Get To Work?
July 24 2013 6:02 AM
Most of them drive, and far too few carpool.
- Infrastructure: China Might Overtake US By 2014
July 23 2013 2:51 PM
Home to the second-largest stock of built assets, China will likely overtake the U.S. in that regard by mid-decade.
- Huge Racial Divide Over Zimmerman Verdict
July 23 2013 5:20 AM
Almost 50% of white Americans were satisfied with the Zimmerman verdict, while only 5% of black Americans felt that way.
- How Many Americans Really Care About The Royal Baby?
July 22 2013 11:32 AM
Only 25 percent of U.S. residents said that they followed the news of the royal baby very or fairly closely.
- The Decline Of Detroit, By The Numbers [INFOGRAPHIC]
July 19 2013 2:19 PM
Detroit’s population is less than one-half of what it was at its peak in the 1950s.
- The State Of The US Constitution’s First Amendment
July 19 2013 5:31 AM
One in three Americans say that the First Amendment goes too far in the rights it guarantees.
- What The World Thinks: US vs. China
July 18 2013 1:35 PM
67 percent approve of the U.S., but only 50 percent approve of China.
- Stand Your Ground: 26 US States Have 'Shoot First' Laws
July 18 2013 9:21 AM
“Shoot First” laws prevent law enforcement from arresting a shooter without probable cause that the force used was unlawful.
- Are Home Prices Rising Too Fast In Some States?
July 17 2013 11:32 AM
While house prices in most states are still well below their mid-2000s peak, they’re hitting new highs in five states and Washington, D.C.
- How Much The Zimmerman Case Cost Taxpayers
July 17 2013 6:17 AM
The city of Sanford, Fla. spent $670,364 on the Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman case.
- George Zimmerman’s Defense Cost $500,000
July 16 2013 12:06 PM
And that’s not including lawyers' fees. Here’s a breakdown of how he got the cash and how it was spent.
- See Exactly Where The Trayvon Martin Protests Happened
July 15 2013 11:41 AM
Check out this map of Trayvon Martin protests across the United States.
- Global Hotels Are Cozying Up To Chinese Tourists
July 12 2013 10:03 PM
Chinese travelers made 70 million international trips in 2011, and hotels are increasingly competing for their attention with perks and customized offerings.
- The State Of The American Dream
July 12 2013 4:23 PM
The latest American Housing Survey shows that for every homeless person in 2011, there were about 21 vacant houses.
- A Map Of The World Obesity Epidemic
July 11 2013 8:47 AM
Mexico might be the fattest country in North America, but the U.S. is close behind.
- Snowden Is A Hero, Not A Traitor: Poll
July 10 2013 11:39 AM
American residents also feel the U.S. government has gone too far in restricting civil liberties.
- Why People Think The US Doesn’t Make Anything
July 10 2013 9:58 AM
There were 3.8 million job openings in the U.S. in May 2013, and almost half of them were in a service-related sector.