Articles by Lisa Mahapatra
- A Map Of The World Obesity Epidemic
July 11 2013 8:47 AM
Mexico might be the fattest country in North America, but the U.S. is close behind.
- Snowden Is A Hero, Not A Traitor: Poll
July 10 2013 11:39 AM
American residents also feel the U.S. government has gone too far in restricting civil liberties.
- Why People Think The US Doesn’t Make Anything
July 10 2013 9:58 AM
There were 3.8 million job openings in the U.S. in May 2013, and almost half of them were in a service-related sector.
- Stuff China Buys From The US
July 09 2013 1:39 PM
In 2012, China imported nearly $109 billion worth of goods from the United States.
- Nicaragua, Venezuela Or Bolivia: Snowden Must Choose
July 08 2013 4:08 PM
Three countries have offered NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden asylum.
- TV News Still On Top
July 08 2013 3:29 PM
To keep up with current events, 55 percent of U.S. residents turn to television.
- Which Countries Sent The Most Censorship Requests To Google?
July 03 2013 6:12 AM
The only country that sent Google more censorship requests than the U.S. was Brazil.
- Where Will Snowden Run To Next?
July 02 2013 4:41 PM
There are only two countries that are currently considering his request for asylum.
- Android Is Steadily Devouring Apple’s Market Share
July 02 2013 11:14 AM
More than 70 percent of all phones sold in Europe in the last three months run on Android.
- Death In Texas
July 01 2013 1:32 PM
Kimberly McCarthy was the 500th person and 187th African-American to be executed In Texas.
- Educated And Unemployed: How Much Difference Does A Degree Make?
June 26 2013 2:28 PM
The unemployment rate for high school grads is 7.4 percent, and for recent college grads, it’s 7.9 percent.
- 8 Of Top 50 Smartest Cities In The US Are In Massachusetts
June 26 2013 10:44 AM
But the No. 1 smartest city is the U.S. is on the West Coast.
- Prices At The Pump: Why America Has It Good
June 25 2013 3:48 PM
Gas prices around the world range anywhere from a minuscule $0.04 in Venezuela to a gargantuan $9.98 in Turkey.
- Why The US Should Thank Those 'Annoying' Tourists
June 25 2013 10:36 AM
The U.S. took in $129 billion in taxes - you read correctly - $129 billion - from revenue generated by the travel and tourism industry.
- Where Are The World's Failed States?
June 24 2013 12:08 PM
Check out the latest map. What's more, the U.S. ranks below most European countries and Canada.
- What US Really Thinks Of PRISM And Its Discontents
June 22 2013 10:24 AM
Yes, the NSA PRISM leak was in the interests of the public, and, yes, Edward Snowden should be prosecuted.
- Pauper In Manhattan, Prince In Harlingen
June 21 2013 3:43 PM
The cost of living in Manhattan is 2.74 times that of the least expensive city in the U.S., Harlingen, Texas.
- This Is Why You're Probably Squeezed If You Live In New York Or New Jersey
June 21 2013 8:34 AM
In New York and New Jersey, income increases are just not keeping up with the rising cost of living.
- Fed Head’s End-Of-Bond-Purchases Talk Spooks Markets
June 20 2013 1:05 PM
Can the chairman of the world's most powerful central bank still sway markets with his words? Take a look.
- Carl Icahn Is A Tweeple Now
June 20 2013 12:24 PM
One tweet, Icahn amasses 1,190 followers in 24 minutes.