Articles by Luke Villapaz
- Apple's Mac: Has It Really Been 30 Years?
January 24 2014 12:43 PM
Jan. 24 marks the 30th anniversary of the Apple Macintosh, which revolutionized the computing industry for years to come.
- iOS 7.1 Beta 4 Jailbreak: Apple Closes Evasi0n 7 Exploits In Latest Developer Beta
January 21 2014 1:02 PM
After Apple released its latest beta software for iOS 7.1 developers and jailbreak users found that exploits used by the Evasi0n 7 jailbreak had been patched.
- Apple iPhone Continues To Lead Samsung And Other Android Smartphone Makers In US
January 16 2014 2:57 PM
According to new data released by the NPD group, smartphone adoption rates have continued to increase, with Apple and Samsung dominating 68 percent of the mobile US market.
- Starbucks Stored iOS App Passwords In Clear Text, Leaving Users Vulnerable
January 16 2014 10:54 AM
According to a public disclosure by security researcher Daniel Wood, Starbucks has been storing user login credentials in clear text in its iOS mobile payment app.
- Where is Capt. Sully Now? 'Miracle On The Hudson' Survivors Mark 5th Anniversary
January 15 2014 11:56 AM
Survivors of the US Airways Flight 1549 "Miracle on the Hudson" are expected to gather with Capt. Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger and crew.
- Apple Begins Hiring iPhone And iPod Engineers At Mesa, Ariz., Sapphire Manufacturing Facility
January 14 2014 4:16 PM
According to jobs listings publicly available on the Apple website, the Cupertino, Calif.-based technology company has started hiring iPod and iPhone engineers at its Mesa, Ariz., sapphire manufacturing facility.
- Apple Files Several Liquidmetal Related Patents: Will They Make Their Ways Into iOS Devices?
January 14 2014 12:55 PM
Apple filed several patents related to LiquidMetal amorphous alloys. Will they find their way into the next batch of iOS devices such as the iPhone 6?
- 'SimCity' Receives Offline Mode In Update: Is This Too Little Too Late?
January 13 2014 1:36 PM
Just under a year since its disastrous launch, "SimCity" is receiving an update to enable offline single-player gameplay. Is this move by Maxis too little too late?
- 2 Years After The Costa Concordia In Photos
January 13 2014 12:14 PM
The Costa Concordia disaster of 2012 left 32 dead until its uprighting in September 2013. Where will its final resting place be?
- Evasi0n 7 1.0.4 iOS 7.x Jailbreak Update Released
January 13 2014 8:06 AM
The Evad3rs team released another update for its Evasi0n 7 jailbreak for iOS 7.x on Sunday, which addresses certain security vulnerabilities.
- Evasi0n 7 1.0.3 Released For iOS 7.x: How To Jailbreak iOS 7.1 Beta 3 Untethered
January 12 2014 5:16 PM
The Evad3rs team released its official version of Evasi0n 7 1.0.3 that adds support for iOS 7.1 beta 3. Read here to learn how to jailbreak your iOS 7 device.
- AT&T Says Sponsored Data Doesn't Violate Net Neutrality
January 11 2014 8:09 AM
AT&T claims that its Sponsored Data service doesn't violate Net neutrality. But how will it affect mobile Internet usage?
- How To Change Gmail Google+ Inbox Privacy Settings
January 10 2014 11:35 AM
Google introduced a new feature which further integrates Google+ with your Gmail Inbox. If you'd rather not have that, here's how to change your Inbox privacy settings.
- Will The Video Game Console Ban Lift Be Lucrative For Sony And Microsoft?
January 09 2014 4:24 PM
China temporarily reversed a 14-year-old ban on video game console sales. However this didn't come without a few conditions.
- 'Battlefield 4' Multi-Platform Patch Announced For January 2014
January 09 2014 1:05 PM
EA DICE announced that a multi-platform patch for "Battlefield 4" will be released sometime later in January 2014. Will it sufficiently address the complaints of the "BF4" community?
- When Will We See An Apple iOS 7.1 Jailbreak?
January 08 2014 2:10 PM
While Apple hasn't patched exploits used by the Evasi0n 7 jailbreak in its iOS 7.1 beta 3 release, it's only a matter of time before iOS jailbreak developers will have to start finding new flaws.
- Sony Announces PS Now At CES 2014: Closed Beta Starts End Of January
January 07 2014 4:26 PM
Sony announced its highly anticipated Gaikai-based game streaming service, PlayStation Now at International CES 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada on Tuesday.
- Watch 8 News Reporters Being Ridiculous To Prove It's Cold
January 07 2014 11:50 AM
Everybody gets it. It's really cold outside. Apparently a lot of news correspondents didn't get that memo and took to the streets to "demonstrate" how freezing cold it really is across the United States.
- AT&T Sponsored Data Announcement Sparks Net Neutrality Concerns
January 06 2014 4:38 PM
AT&T announced it new Sponsored Data service, piquing interest by content providers and concerning net neutrality advocates at the same time.
- CES 2014: History Of International CES From 1967 To Present In Photos
January 06 2014 2:23 PM
CES has grown over the years from less than 20,000 attendees to over 150,000 in attendance. Take a look back at the history of International CES from its start in 1967 up to present-day in photos.