- E-Rate Proposal Criticized By School Advocacy Groups And Unions
June 23 2014 11:41 AM
Teachers unions and school advocacy groups criticized a draft proposal by FCC Chairman Wheeler to modernize the E-Rate program.
- Google Search Results Can Launch Music Apps
June 20 2014 2:16 PM
Google search results can now launch your selected music app when you search for your favorite band or musician.
- 2014 iPhone Photography Awards Winning Pictures
June 20 2014 11:37 AM
The 2014 winners of the iPhone Photography Awards were announced this week. Take a look at the winning photos here.
- Yo Messaging App Hacked By College Students
June 20 2014 10:28 AM
The Yo messaging app drew unwanted attention from hackers on Friday, who found several security vulnerabilities in the app.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Power Comes To Third-Party Apps
June 19 2014 2:30 PM
Adobe will open the power of its Creative Cloud software suite to third-party developers through the Adobe Creative SDK.
- 'Abstract' Software Patents Scaled Back By Supreme Court
June 19 2014 1:30 PM
Some "abstract" software patents have been invalidated by a recent Supreme Court decision.
- Dutch Developers Downgrade iPhone 4S From iOS 7.1 to 5.1.1
June 19 2014 11:35 AM
A Dutch iOS developer team released a video purporting to show the first iPhone 4S successfully downgraded from iOS 7.1 to iOS 5.1.1.
- Watch The Full Amazon Fire Launch Event Video
June 19 2014 10:30 AM
Amazon launched its Fire Phone before a crowd of journalists and customers. Watch the full launch event video here.
- 8 Service Features Of The Amazon Fire Phone
June 18 2014 4:27 PM
Amazon put the Fire Phone's service features front and center at its unveiling Wednesday.
- Google Set To Comply With EU 'Right To Be Forgotten' Ruling
June 18 2014 2:46 PM
EU citizens have come one step closer to being "forgotten" by the Internet.
- 5 Differences Between Facebook Slingshot And Snapchat
June 18 2014 12:28 PM
Facebook's Slingshot was instantly likened to Snapchat on its release, but the new app has a few key differences.
- 5 Things To Know About The $1,099 Apple iMac
June 18 2014 10:04 AM
Apple introduced a lower-priced iMac on Wednesday, opening up the Mac desktop to a wider market, with a few caveats.
- Legislation May Force FCC To Ban Internet Fast Lanes
June 17 2014 2:48 PM
The FCC may be forced to ban Internet fast lanes if legislation introduced by Democratic lawmakers comes to pass.
- Everything You Need To Know About Facebook's Slingshot
June 17 2014 2:24 PM
Facebook introduced its new Slingshot messaging app, which aims to get more people talking.
- Nebraska Town Devastated By Dual Tornadoes
June 17 2014 11:54 AM
Two tornadoes struck a Nebraska town, resulting in at least two deaths and 16 critically injured.
- Supreme Court To Hear Facebook Threats Case
June 17 2014 11:25 AM
The Supreme Court has agreed to hear a case that could decide when social media threats become criminal.
- Printeer Makes 3D Printing Easy For Kids
June 16 2014 3:59 PM
A California startup says its software handles many 3D-printing steps in the cloud.
- Geohot Unveils Towelroot Android Exploit For Galaxy S5
June 16 2014 12:16 PM
The Samsung Galaxy S5 for AT&T and Verizon has finally been rooted, thanks to software developer George Hotz.
- Netflix Gets A Facelift
June 13 2014 4:01 PM
The video streaming service received a visual overhaul, including a new logo and desktop interface redesign.
- Facebook Messenger Update Adds Video Messaging
June 13 2014 2:56 PM
Facebook Messenger lets users send video messages with its latest update, version 6.0.