Articles by Luke Villapaz
- 'SimCity' Receives Offline Mode In Update: Is This Too Little Too Late?
January 13 2014 1:36 PM
Just under a year since its disastrous launch, "SimCity" is receiving an update to enable offline single-player gameplay. Is this move by Maxis too little too late?
- 2 Years After The Costa Concordia In Photos
January 13 2014 12:14 PM
The Costa Concordia disaster of 2012 left 32 dead until its uprighting in September 2013. Where will its final resting place be?
- Evasi0n 7 1.0.4 iOS 7.x Jailbreak Update Released
January 13 2014 8:06 AM
The Evad3rs team released another update for its Evasi0n 7 jailbreak for iOS 7.x on Sunday, which addresses certain security vulnerabilities.
- Evasi0n 7 1.0.3 Released For iOS 7.x: How To Jailbreak iOS 7.1 Beta 3 Untethered
January 12 2014 5:16 PM
The Evad3rs team released its official version of Evasi0n 7 1.0.3 that adds support for iOS 7.1 beta 3. Read here to learn how to jailbreak your iOS 7 device.
- AT&T Says Sponsored Data Doesn't Violate Net Neutrality
January 11 2014 8:09 AM
AT&T claims that its Sponsored Data service doesn't violate Net neutrality. But how will it affect mobile Internet usage?
- How To Change Gmail Google+ Inbox Privacy Settings
January 10 2014 11:35 AM
Google introduced a new feature which further integrates Google+ with your Gmail Inbox. If you'd rather not have that, here's how to change your Inbox privacy settings.
- Will The Video Game Console Ban Lift Be Lucrative For Sony And Microsoft?
January 09 2014 4:24 PM
China temporarily reversed a 14-year-old ban on video game console sales. However this didn't come without a few conditions.
- 'Battlefield 4' Multi-Platform Patch Announced For January 2014
January 09 2014 1:05 PM
EA DICE announced that a multi-platform patch for "Battlefield 4" will be released sometime later in January 2014. Will it sufficiently address the complaints of the "BF4" community?
- When Will We See An Apple iOS 7.1 Jailbreak?
January 08 2014 2:10 PM
While Apple hasn't patched exploits used by the Evasi0n 7 jailbreak in its iOS 7.1 beta 3 release, it's only a matter of time before iOS jailbreak developers will have to start finding new flaws.
- Sony Announces PS Now At CES 2014: Closed Beta Starts End Of January
January 07 2014 4:26 PM
Sony announced its highly anticipated Gaikai-based game streaming service, PlayStation Now at International CES 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada on Tuesday.
- Watch 8 News Reporters Being Ridiculous To Prove It's Cold
January 07 2014 11:50 AM
Everybody gets it. It's really cold outside. Apparently a lot of news correspondents didn't get that memo and took to the streets to "demonstrate" how freezing cold it really is across the United States.
- AT&T Sponsored Data Announcement Sparks Net Neutrality Concerns
January 06 2014 4:38 PM
AT&T announced it new Sponsored Data service, piquing interest by content providers and concerning net neutrality advocates at the same time.
- CES 2014: History Of International CES From 1967 To Present In Photos
January 06 2014 2:23 PM
CES has grown over the years from less than 20,000 attendees to over 150,000 in attendance. Take a look back at the history of International CES from its start in 1967 up to present-day in photos.
- 5 Tweaks And Mods To Install After Jailbreaking iOS 7
January 03 2014 3:04 PM
The initial release of the Evasi0n jailbreak left users wondering where all the mods and tweaks were. Fortunately, many tweaks have been updated and new ones have also been introduced.
- MobileSubstrate Updated For iOS 7 And 64-Bit iPads And iPhones
January 02 2014 2:18 PM
Cydia Substrate, formerly known as MobileSubstrate, has been released by Jay Freeman (Saurik), adding iOS 7 and 64-bit ARM processor support for iPhone 5S and iPad Air.
- Check Out These Photos Of Crowds Lining Up At New Colorado Marijuana Store
January 02 2014 1:22 PM
Legalization of recreational marijuana use attracted more than 100 people to one of the first store openings, in Northglenn, Colo.
- How Is New Year's Eve Celebrated Around The Globe?
December 31 2013 8:29 AM
As 2014 fast approaches, countries around the world prepare to ring in the New Year. What nuances can you see in the way each country celebrates?
- P0sixspwn Untethered iOS Jailbreak Release Sparks Controversy Among Developers
December 30 2013 3:08 PM
The P0sixspwn iOS jailbreak was welcomed by some iOS users still on iOS 6 but reviled by some iOS jailbreak developers -- particularly developers behind the Evasi0n jailbreak.
- AAA Tipsy Tow: How To Get A Free Ride Home On New Year's Day
December 30 2013 2:04 PM
New Year's Eve celebrations may leave some revelers too intoxicated to drive home safely. Fortunately, individual AAA clubs are offering "Tipsy Tow" Holiday Safe Ride services to get partygoers home safe -- for free.
- MobileSubstrate iOS 7 Update: Saurik No ETA On Release Date, Warns Against Unofficial Patches
December 27 2013 12:40 PM
When Evasi0n 7 jailbreak users installed the software on their iOS 7 devices, they found that many of the tweaks and mods were nonfunctional due MobileSubstrate, a process that has yet to be updated.