Articles by Luke Villapaz
- Google Doodle Set To Debussy's 'Clair de Lune' Celebrates Anniversary of Composer's Birth
August 22 2013 9:07 AM
The August 22 Google Doodle features an animated cityscape set to "Clair de Lune," one of the most famous works by French composer Claude Debussy.
- Watch LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Gamescom Trailer
August 21 2013 2:21 PM
Marvel Entertainment in partnership with Lego revealed a trailer for their upcoming video game "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" at Gamescom 2013. Watch it here.
- Do Red Light Cameras Make Roads Safer Or Shakedown Motorists? New Jersey Lawmaker Argues The Latter
August 21 2013 1:23 PM
A New Jersey lawmaker is calling into question the safety benefits of red-light cameras in New Jersey after video evidence revealed shorter yellow light timings at red light camera intersections.
- Chemical Attack In Damascus Suburbs: The Photos
August 21 2013 11:01 AM
On Wed., Syrian President al-Assad's forces allegedly attacked several Damascus suburbs, resulting in the death of 1,300 people.
- Gamescom 2013: Watch 'Battlefield 4' Live Stream Featuring New 'Paracel Storm' Multiplayer Map And Gameplay
August 21 2013 8:17 AM
Electronic Arts' will host a live stream of "Battlefield 4" from Gamescom 2013, featuring a newly announced multiplayer map, "Paracel Storm," which based off the Paracel Islands in the South China Sea. Watch the live stream here.
- 'EVE Valkyrie' Announced: Project Formerly Known As 'EVE-VR' Uses Oculus Rift To Put Players In Pilot Seat
August 20 2013 3:40 PM
Fans of "EVE Online" can eventually hop into the pilot's seat in an upcoming multiplayer dogfighting virtual reality shooter game called "EVE Valkyrie." Watch the announcement trailer here.
- Gamescom 2013: EA Reveals 'The Sims 4' And Announces New Features For 'Battlefield 4' And More
August 20 2013 2:46 PM
At a press conference in Cologne, Germany, Electronic Arts revealed "The Sims 4" and introduced new features for several of its upcoming games.
- Origin Offers Refunds: EA Announces 'Great Game Guarantee' So Gamers Can Return Downloaded Games Within A Week
August 20 2013 10:07 AM
Electronic Arts announced a new policy for its Origin digital distribution platform, named the Great Game guarantee, which will allow gamers to return a downloaded purchase within one week.
- 'Tom Clancy's The Division' Confirmed For PC: Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment Announces Platform Addition
August 20 2013 8:34 AM
In response to fan comments and a petition that garnered more than 140,000 supporters, Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment announced that "Tom Clancy's The Division" will come to the PC in winter 2014.
- 'Stranger' Teaser: Cryptic Trailer Released By J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Prompts Internet Speculation
August 19 2013 4:07 PM
A cryptic teaser trailer released by J.J Abrams' production company, Bad Robot, prompted speculation across the web about what the trailer might be about.
- Hot Dogs Legs: The Latest Hilarious Tumblr Poses A Simple Question, Legs Or Hot Dogs?
August 19 2013 3:13 PM
A Tumblr blog recently went viral when it pointed out the resemblance of hot dogs to legs by juxtaposing the two side by side. Are they hot dogs or legs? You decide.
- 'Breaking Bad' Season 5 Episode 10 In GIFs: 'Buried' Moments From Slaps To Foot-Fetishes
August 19 2013 12:50 PM
In "Buried," season 5 episode 10 of "Breaking Bad," the world of Walt continues to unravel. Take a look back at this episode in GIFs.
- World Humanitarian Day 2013: UN Celebrates Humanitarian Aid Workers With 'Word Market'
August 19 2013 9:40 AM
Monday, Aug. 19, is World Humanitarian Day. The U.N. celebrates the day this year with a new project called the "word market," which raises money for the Global Humanitarian Fund
- WikiLeaks Data Dump On Social Media Amounts To 400-Plus GB Of ‘Insurance’
August 18 2013 7:21 PM
WikiLeaks released more than 400 gigabytes of encrypted data as “insurance” for itself and its associates.
- Steve Wozniak: ‘A Lot Of Things Wrong’ With ‘Jobs’ [VIDEO]
August 18 2013 5:44 PM
Steve Wozniak criticized the portrayal of Steve Jobs and other aspects of the new film “Jobs” on “Bloomberg West.” Watch it here.
- House Judiciary Committee Members Address NSA And Privacy
August 18 2013 3:17 PM
U.S. Reps. Bob Goodlatte and Bobby Scott discussed the privacy implications of NSA surveillance Sunday.
- Top Cop Questions Consequences Of ‘Stop And Frisk’ Ruling
August 18 2013 1:51 PM
New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly appeared on several TV shows this weekend to defend the city’s “stop and frisk” policy.
- 'Kick-Ass 2,' 'Jobs,' 'The Butler' And 4 Films Opening This Weekend
August 15 2013 2:26 PM
While the summer film season begins to wrap-up, there are still a variety of films to see this August 16 weekend. Take a look at seven films we think you should check out before the season is over.
- 8 Films That Woody Allen Acted In But Didn't Direct
August 15 2013 10:20 AM
Famed director Woody Allen is known for acting in his own works, but rarely does he act in other director's films. Take a look at eight movies where Woody Allen acts but doesn't direct here.
- Pay What You Want For Origin Humble Bundle Including 'Battlefield 3,' 'Mirror's Edge,' 'Crysis,' 'Medal of Honor' And More
August 14 2013 3:15 PM
The latest Humble Bundle features several games from the Origin distribution platform, including 'Mirror's Edge,' 'Battlefield 3,' 'Crysis,' 'Medal of Honor,' and more, all for a price that you can name yourself.