- Verizon Plans To Slow Down 4G LTE Speeds At Peak Times
July 25 2014 2:16 PM
Verizon Wireless is set to begin throttling 4G LTE users with its Network Optimization initiative.
- Google To Buy Live Stream Gaming Platform For $1B
July 25 2014 11:06 AM
Twitch may soon join Google's YouTube video empire amid rumors that it has purchased the gaming live stream platform for $1 billion.
- Google Celebrates Chromecast Birthday With Free Music
July 25 2014 9:37 AM
Google is celebrating Chromecast's birthday with free subscriptions to Play Music All Access.
- Apple Developing Reversible USB Connector
July 24 2014 4:33 PM
An Apple patent application reveals a reversible USB connector that may end cable and adapter frustrations.
- How To Download OS X Yosemite Public Beta
July 24 2014 1:46 PM
Follow these step-by-step instructions to download the public beta of OS X Yosemite, the next version of Mac OS.
- Apple 12-Inch Retina MacBook And 4K iMac Reportedly In Development
July 24 2014 12:01 PM
Apple may release a newly designed ultra slim 12-inch Retina Macbook to complement the launch of OS X Yosemite.
- Swatch Group: Nope, We're Not Working With Apple On iWatch
July 24 2014 11:31 AM
Swatch Group denied reports that the Swiss watchmaker was in co-developing an iWatch with Apple.
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date May Fall In Mid-September
July 23 2014 4:30 PM
Apple may launch its iPhone 6 during a mid-September keynote event with the iWatch closely following in October.
- FCC Reminder To ISPs: Be Honest
July 23 2014 3:24 PM
The FCC issued an advisory on Wednesday, reminding ISPs to abide by the "Open Internet Transparency Rule."
- Apple Quietly Responds To iOS Backdoor Allegations
July 23 2014 2:16 PM
Amid allegations that Apple has several backdoor services built into iOS, it quietly responded with a knowledge base article.
- Microsoft Lumia 530 Aims To Please Budget Smartphone Users
July 23 2014 11:27 AM
In the wake of restructuring at Microsoft, the tech giant announced its new Lumia 530 Windows Phone, which aims for the budget market.
- Target's New App Lets You Scan Ads With Your Smartphone
July 23 2014 11:04 AM
Target, the Minneapolis retail giant, is aiming to boost sales with its image recognition app, called In A Snap.
- Sony Showcases Holiday PS4 Game Releases
July 22 2014 3:45 PM
Sony offers a closer look at some of the games and hardware PlayStation players should look forward to.
- Amazon Wallet Beta Launched For Android
July 22 2014 2:01 PM
Amazon quietly launched a beta version of its Wallet app, enabling mobile users to store gift cards and other store cards, but not much else.
- Aereo Subscriber Numbers Fail To Impress
July 22 2014 12:25 PM
Documents filed with the U.S. Copyright Office reveal Aereo's surprisingly low subscriber numbers.
- Earn Points For Letting Verizon Wireless Track Your Usage Habits
July 22 2014 10:38 AM
Verizon Wireless plans to roll out a new rewards program that offers points in exchange for user habit data.
- Facebook Launches Save Bookmarking Feature
July 21 2014 1:48 PM
Facebook introduced a new feature called Save, which allows users to bookmark news feed items to check out later.
- Apple Faces Another Speech Recognition Patent Suit
July 21 2014 1:21 PM
Apple is facing a new lawsuit for allegedly infringing on a patent covering speech recognition technology.
- Microsoft Suggests Reusing Passwords With Some Accounts
July 21 2014 12:30 PM
A Microsoft Research study suggests that users could reuse passwords with unimportant accounts.
- Verizon Boosts Upload Speeds For FiOS Customers
July 21 2014 11:06 AM
Verizon is rolling out upgrades to its FiOS service, which will match upload speeds to current download speeds.