Articles by Malik Singleton
- US Factory Sector Rises In July To 55.4, Highest Level Of Year
August 01 2013 10:26 AM
The Purchasing Managers Index rose 4.5 percent to 55.4 as stable demand and improving business conditions boosted employment.
- Uruguay's Lawmakers Approve Marijuana Bill
August 01 2013 8:50 AM
The use of marijuana is already legal in Uruguay but this bill would let citizens grow and sell the drug under certain restrictions.
- Bioenergy Company Produces Fuel And Electricity From Waste
August 01 2013 6:31 AM
Ineos Bio says it's the first company to produce ethanol from waste on a commercial scale -- and it's ready to bring it to market.
- Barrick Gold Corp Q2 Earnings Preview: Profit To Plunge
July 31 2013 11:03 AM
The gold industry leader is expected to report earnings losses following major delays and high costs in a Chilean mine.
- American Homes 4 Rent Plans IPO At $16 To $18 Per Share
July 31 2013 9:03 AM
If the IPO is successful, it may signal that investors are confident the U.S. housing market's recovery will continue.
- Spain Recession Eased In Q2; Growth Seen
July 30 2013 12:07 PM
Spain's economy barely contracted in the second quarter, possibly auguring an end to the country's four-year recession.
- US Consumer Confidence Cools
July 30 2013 10:23 AM
Consumer confidence fell slightly in July due to weak economic and job expectations, according to the Conference Board's latest survey.
- EU Economic Sentiment Uptrend Continues
July 30 2013 8:56 AM
Europe's rising economic sentiment, which has been trending higher since May, extended its increase in July.
- Court: Bernanke Should Testify in AIG Bailout Suit
July 29 2013 11:54 AM
A judge rejected the U.S. government's effort not to depose the Fed chair, saying he was a "central figure" in the AIG bailout decision.
- Apple iPhone Supplier In China Accused Of Labor Violations
July 29 2013 11:14 AM
Watchdog says Apple supplier Pegatron withheld pay, imposed excessive hours and violated Chinese safety and environmental laws.
- Hudson's Bay Buys Saks For $2.4 Billion
July 29 2013 8:37 AM
The acquisition will bring together Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor LLC and Hudson's Bay locations.
- Simon Property Group Q2 2013 Earnings Preview: A Big Jump
July 26 2013 2:53 PM
The opening of a big facility in Arizona and another in Japan, near Tokyo, will also boost Simon's second-quarter bottom line.
- GM Sales Beat Toyota By 10,000 In Q2
July 26 2013 11:16 AM
The American automaker became the top producer for the first time in six quarters - signaling U.S. auto industry strength.
- July US Consumer Sentiment Surges - Highest In 6 Years
July 26 2013 10:19 AM
Americans felt better about the current economic climate during July, but they expect lower GDP growth up ahead.
- Activision To Buy Back Shares From Vivendi In $8.2B Deal
July 26 2013 10:09 AM
The "Call of Duty" maker aims to be an independent video game publisher. Vivendi will retain a 12 percent stake.
- Who Likes Apple Shares? Apple
July 25 2013 12:49 PM
The tech giant snatched up 36 million of its own shares during the quarter, even though it was scheduled to repurchase 10 million.
- US Jobless Claims Inch Higher
July 25 2013 8:38 AM
Initial jobless claims last week inched 7,000 higher to 343,000, but the more-telling four-week moving average decreased by 1,250 to 345,250.
- FDA Says Menthol Cigarettes Pose Greater Health Risk
July 23 2013 12:08 PM
The agency said that it is now seeking input from the public, health experts and the tobacco industry before it shapes any policy.
- Telefonica To Buy E-Plus From KPN For $10.7B
July 23 2013 10:04 AM
The deal will create Germany's largest mobile-phone operator and signals accelerating consolidation in Europe's phone sector.
- Boeing Q2 Earnings Preview: Analysts Expect 5.7% Boost In Profit
July 23 2013 5:24 AM
Analysts expect earnings growth, due to Boeing's strong deliveries, return of the 787 to full service, and cost reductions.