- June US Existing-Home Sales Dip
July 22 2013 10:23 AM
However, the National Association of Realtors says, despite June's results, home prices continue to advance at double-digit rates.
- Glaxo Says Execs May Have Broken Chinese Law
July 22 2013 9:53 AM
Pharmaceutical giant admits that high-level employees in China "appear to have acted outside of our processes and controls."
- SEC Sues Steven Cohen For Failing To Supervise Insider Traders
July 19 2013 2:52 PM
Cohen "received highly suspicious information that should have caused any reasonable hedge fund manager to investigate," the SEC said.
- FIFA Announces Brazil World Cup Ticket Price Range
July 19 2013 1:14 PM
FIFA says about 3 million tickets will be available for domestic and international fans during three sales phases that start Aug. 20.
- Russian Anti-Corruption Activist Alexei Navalny Freed Pending Appeal
July 19 2013 10:16 AM
A judge's decision comes after thousands protested in Moscow's streets and just ahead of a meeting of G-20 finance ministers.
- US Stock Markets Hit Record Intra-Day High
July 18 2013 12:50 PM
Positive economic reports and upbeat corporate earnings sparked a rally, as the central bank's chairman spoke in Washington.
- Moody's Cuts Chicago's Debt Rating To A3
July 18 2013 10:42 AM
Chicago's $36B retirement-fund deficit and its $7.7B in general-obligation bonds forced a cut to an A3 rating/negative outlook.
- US Jobless Claims Plunge To 334,000
July 18 2013 8:45 AM
However, the Labor Department cautions that July's jobless data can be volatile, due to seasonal auto retooling and school shutdowns.
- Emerging Market Air Travel Grows: Report
July 17 2013 4:40 PM
Despite an overall slowdown, travel to emerging markets is contributing the most to the air travel growth rate.
- China: 591 Million People Online
July 17 2013 2:03 PM
Among China's 1.35 billion people, approximately 591 million are Internet users, 464 million of whom are mobile Internet users.
- Judge Gives Green Light For DOJ Suit Vs. S&P
July 17 2013 10:08 AM
A federal judge ruled the Justice Department has made a sufficient case to support its claim that S&P inflated ratings.
- Salaries To Rise Just Slightly In 2014: Mercer Study
July 17 2013 5:42 AM
Despite a strengthening economy, base salaries are only expected to rise by 2.9 percent in 2014, just modestly better than 2013's 2.8 percent.
- South Korea's POSCO Drops $5.3B India Steel Project
July 16 2013 11:19 AM
The world's fifth-largest steel company cites mining rights delays but will continue its $12 billion project elsewhere in India.
- June US Consumer Prices Jump 0.5%
July 16 2013 8:47 AM
However, the core rate, which excludes food and energy, rose just 0.2% - or well within the Federal Reserve's 'comfort zone' for inflation.
July 12 2013 12:35 PM
I don't want to be like one of the bullies in "Man of Steel," but I have a bone to pick with this work of fiction, mainly because it incorporates so many real and relevant issues ripped from the headlines. You've had a few weeks to see the film, so please pardon any spoilers.
Maybe you've heard by now that the filmmakers updated the Superman story for modern times, not only by retiring his trademark red underwear and making sure we recognize familiar items during opportune moments of product placement ($160 million worth), but also by offering two bits of very contemporary political commentary -- one so subtle you'll need X-ray vision, the other more powerful than a locomotive.
- Homeland Security Chief To Become California University System Head
July 12 2013 11:05 AM
Janet Napolitano will be the university system's first female president in its 145-year history, replacing Mark G. Yudof.
- Twitter To Identify Hate-Speech Tweeters To French Authorities
July 12 2013 9:55 AM
The social networking service will provide French prosecutors with data including geo-coordinates where alleged hate speech was posted.
- DJIA And S&P Close At All-Time Highs On Fed's Upbeat Tone
July 11 2013 4:36 PM
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke hinted that the central bank's current quantitative easing policy will not end anytime soon.
- Why Did The Pentagon Spend $34M On Unused Afghanistan Base?
July 11 2013 12:46 PM
The Inspector in Afghanistan is "concerned": The U.S. DOD built a surge base long after the surge, and it remains unused, unoccupied and unwanted.
- US Temp Hiring To Outpace Perm Hiring For Rest Of Year
July 11 2013 10:07 AM
Employers say temp hiring will increase 10 percentage points above last year's level while permanent hiring will remain stagnant.