Articles by Malik Singleton
- The Next Big Thing For GM? Africa
April 11 2013 9:58 AM
The growing middle class in northern and southern Africa is trading up from motorbikes and jalopies to brand-new vehicles.
- The Challenge For Big Banks: How To Make Money This Year
April 10 2013 10:00 AM
Big banks' first-quarter revenue will rise only 2.2% above that of fourth quarter 2012, an analysis by Bloomberg News showed.
- BlackRock Cautions Fed On Quantitative Easing Policy
April 09 2013 4:22 PM
The asset manager's chief recommends a new strategy for reinvesting debt as it matures.
- Iran: On To Uranium Mining
April 09 2013 2:04 PM
Ahmadinejad has also ordered the development of new nuclear reactors; the country still claims its nuclear tech plans are energy-related.
- Porter Deal For Bombardier Jets Close To Lift-off
April 09 2013 10:15 AM
The first deal for Bombardier's newest jetliners could be finalized by Wednesday.
- Arkansas Oil Spill - A Neighborhood Scarred [PHOTOS]
April 08 2013 10:23 AM
New images reveal the spill's impact on the neighborhood and environment.
- Caterpillar To Lay Off 460 Workers At Illinois Plant
April 05 2013 6:46 PM
The world's largest mining equipment manufacturer aims to bring production in line with decreased demand.
- Boeing Completed Crucial Certification Test Flight [VIDEO]
April 05 2013 5:27 PM
The 787's test-flight data will help federal regulators evaluate the performance of the company's new battery design.
- Detroit Electric Unveils Model That Rivals Tesla
April 05 2013 1:42 PM
The SP:01's features are very similar to its rival's, but now drivers have a choice.
- What's The Safest Way To Transport Oil?
April 05 2013 5:16 AM
Historically, more oil spills happen via train transport than via pipelines, according to a study.
- IMF: 1 Billion Euros Toward Cyprus' Reforms
April 03 2013 11:09 AM
The IMF's contribution seeks to distribute burdens and protect the most vulnerable.
- Argentina Running Out of Debt Repayment Options
April 02 2013 4:15 PM
If Argentina's creditors accept law bonds, they could sidestep U.S. court.
- Americans Getting Up-To-Date With Their Mortgages
April 02 2013 10:37 AM
U.S. mortgage holders are lowering their debt levels, but the sequester impact looms, mortgage officials cautioned.
- Closing A Real-Estate Divorce Loophole In China
April 02 2013 5:03 AM
Large cities in China will likely encounter a backlash as they enforce the 20-year-old tax law.
- US Firms in China Distrust Their Data In China's Cloud
March 29 2013 3:45 PM
A survey finds a quarter of U.S. companies in China face data theft.
- FBI Arrests SAC Portfolio Manager Michael Steinberg
March 29 2013 10:55 AM
Troubled trading firm SAC was hit with insider-trading charges again as one of its managers was arrested Friday.
- Is The Yen Likely To Fall Further?
March 29 2013 6:39 AM
Ford and Kia officials charge that the yen's low value benefits Japan's carmakers.
- Panasonic Leaving NYSE To Cut Costs In $2.7B Restructuring
March 28 2013 2:13 PM
Japan's biggest employer says continued listing on NYSE isn't economically justified.
- Bernie Madoff Haunts Banks From Prison
March 28 2013 10:58 AM
Madoff is offering information for the "future regulation of the appropriate institutions," including banks. But is he telling the truth?
- Russians Put Their Cyprus Money In Miami, NYC Properties
March 28 2013 10:06 AM
The Cyprus crisis could be a boost to the real estate markets in upscale parts of Manhattan and Miami.