- Dwindling Oil Demand, Cheaper Natural Gas
March 27 2013 7:26 PM
Policy mandates to improve fuel economy will continue to cause lower crude use in non-OPEC countries.
- US Ex-Im Bank Lends $9M For Calif. Solar Co. Project In India
March 27 2013 12:40 PM
Federal banking agency sees win-win in India's solar energy market.
- Idle Drills, Stalled Projects And Lower Spending Hurt Mining Worldwide
March 27 2013 5:55 AM
The recent decline of the international mining industry's pipeline activity continues, and is down 43% since October.
- Consumer Reports Says Japanese Motorcycles Most Reliable
March 26 2013 2:19 PM
A new reliability survey shows what and how frequently things can go wrong with popular bikes.
- Don't Get Too Excited About US Manufacturing, Warns Goldman Sachs
March 26 2013 11:04 AM
U.S. manufacturing looks good but only in comparison to manufacturing in other parts of the world, Goldman Sachs says.
- US Core Durable Goods Orders Down In March
March 26 2013 10:05 AM
The actual number of durable goods orders this month disappointed analysts and shows slowdown in activity.
- NY Fed's Dudley: Partisan Gridlock Forces QE Policy
March 25 2013 2:05 PM
N.Y. Federal Reserve head William Dudley points to Washington's partisan division as the reason for the Fed's asset purchases.
- Shulze Returns To Best Buy As Chairman Emeritus
March 25 2013 1:16 PM
The once-mighty retail electronics superstore bring back Schulze and keeps the current company's CEO, Hubert July.
- Cyprus - The New Norm For Euro Zone Bailouts?
March 25 2013 10:17 AM
Does the Cyprus deal mean that the ECB will seek to tax savings deposits if/when another euro zone country seeks financial assistance.
- Rival Bids For Computer Maker Dell Raises Stakes
March 23 2013 7:48 PM
Bids from rival groups could make a deal for Dell all the sweeter for current shareholders in the coming week.
- Cyprus Agrees To Tax Big Savers At Bank 20%
March 23 2013 3:36 PM
New measures could see some Cypriots -- as well as Russian and other foreign depositors -- lose one-fifth of their bank savings.
- Boeing To Ax As Many As 2,300 Jobs This Year
March 23 2013 11:26 AM
Boeing expects job cuts and attrition will reduce its workforce by as much as 2,300 positions in 2013.
- Phinergy Battery Can Go 1,000 Miles Before Charge
March 22 2013 5:00 PM
The privately held company, aiming to have an electric vehicle available by 2017, has landed a contract with the Renault-Nissan Alliance.
- China's Economy To Overtake US By 2016: OECD
March 22 2013 3:09 PM
The OECD says China is capable of averaging 8 percent annual growth during the current decade, after accounting for price differences.
- US Truckers: Natural-Gas Rigs Are Still Too Pricey
March 22 2013 2:55 PM
Despite pressure from manufacturers and help from government, U.S. distributors are wary of adopting natural gas.
- AstraZeneca To Cut 5,000 Jobs On Dismal Main Drug Sales
March 21 2013 4:54 PM
AstraZeneca's CEO announced the drastic move -- a roughly 10% workforce reduction -- in a meeting with investors.
- China's Affluent Bring Fur Coats Back In Style
March 21 2013 12:42 PM
U.S. mink farms grow as Chinese consumers' demand for fur coats sends pelt prices skyrocketing.
- US Factory Output May Slide In March, Europe Worse
March 21 2013 11:14 AM
The U.S. manufacturing sector is performing at the 54.9 level - a level that can be interpreted in many ways.
- US Manufacturing: Strongest When Expanding At Home And Abroad
March 21 2013 6:14 AM
New research shows that the U.S. manufacturing industry performs best with multiple production centers for several reasons.
- CAT Sales Decline On Weak Mining Demand
March 20 2013 3:34 PM
Results from the Asia-Pacific region were hit particularly hard - plunging 26%.