- Volvo's February Truck Deliveries Off In Most Markets Except Brazil
March 20 2013 2:44 PM
Volvo's truck division cites uncertainties about Europe as part of the reason for weak February sales.
- Again? JPMorgan Downgraded For Management Practices
March 20 2013 9:29 AM
A confidential government scorecard issued a second markdown for the bank in less than a year.
- The China Upper Class's Taste For European Luxury Goods
March 20 2013 5:53 AM
Europe's luxury goods sales are expected to grow mostly due to purchases from emerging markets.
- Freescale: Smart Cars Need Smarter Circuitry
March 19 2013 4:52 PM
The maker of vehicle electric systems has new devices that can lighten car weight by up to 20 pounds.
- Nike To Adopt Advanced Tools That Target Harmful Substances
March 19 2013 3:43 PM
Innovative tools will give Nike's suppliers access to worldwide standards data fast.
- New US Housing Construction Up Dramatically
March 19 2013 10:50 AM
US housing starts shot up unexpectedly last month as the industry's recovery continues.
- Liberty Media Paying $2.62B For Charter Communications Stake
March 19 2013 8:48 AM
Liberty will acquire approximately 26.9 million shares of Charter Communications at $95.50 per share.
- Adding Plants, Dow Chemical Likes US Gulf Coast
March 18 2013 4:58 PM
These facilities will manufacture materials for fast growing markets such as transportation and telecom.
- Companies Prove It's Still A Good Bet To Hire A US Vet
March 15 2013 4:00 PM
The goal of recruiters is to reduce the challenges that U.S. veterans face when reentering the civilian workforce.
- March NY Factory Index - Growth Continues: Fed
March 15 2013 9:30 AM
However, unlike the sharply higher manufacturing data in the previous report, the March figures show little difference.
- Chinese Industry Plans For Expected Wage Spike
March 14 2013 3:59 PM
Study finds that a mix of new policies and labor negotiations have boosted both worker output and demand.
- Europe's Employment Rates Are Plunging
March 14 2013 3:08 PM
Although there are signs of growth in some countries, in general, the continent’s weaker economies are dragging down their neighbors.
- Boeing Clear On 787 Fixes, But Vague On Timeline
March 14 2013 6:20 AM
Air carriers are still in the dark regarding how Boeing's 787 out-of-service delay will affect their schedules.
- US Employees Piling On The Hours
March 13 2013 11:21 AM
U.S. factory workers clocked more production hours in February than they have in years.
- Wall Street Averages Rise, And Main Street Boosts Spending
March 13 2013 9:59 AM
February U.S. retail sales unexpectedly rose to a 5-month high, as falling gasoline prices increased Americans' purchasing power.
- Adieu! French Execs Fleeing High Taxes
March 12 2013 12:29 PM
Hollande's socialist policies are meant to fix economic conditions but are driving away big business.
- Global Companies Hiring, But Europe Still Weak
March 12 2013 10:33 AM
Hiring confidence is dragging in Europe, but in Asia, Latin America -- and especially the U.S. -- employers are clawing back robustly.
- KKR Buys Third Manufacturer in Three Years
March 11 2013 7:14 PM
KKR is diversifying its manufacturing portfolio for third straight year with acquisitions in the U.S., France and India.
- Two Years After Fukushima, The Choice Is Still Nuclear
March 11 2013 4:46 PM
Japan's nuclear disaster has done little to dissuade the world's developed countries from continuing their nuclear programs.
- Did Conspicuous Consumption By Clergy Kill The Auction?
March 11 2013 11:29 AM
Saint Marina Eastern Orthodox Church trustees are mulling a second try at selling the pricey Rolex to pay the electric bill.