- New Policies Aim to Fill Gaps In US Innovation
March 09 2013 11:56 AM
Any manufacturing revival will come in the face of challenges caused by deficiencies supporting our innovation system, MIT researchers find.
- US Manufacturing Registers A Decent February
March 08 2013 1:13 PM
There was a gain in manufacturing jobs last month, but Washington's partisan feud could hurt the sector's momentum.
- Manufacturers' 2013 Mission: Cut Costs, Grow Margins
March 07 2013 5:03 PM
Data suggests that companies are targeting an aggressive reduction in cost of goods sold.
- Six Things Prisons Make Besides License Plates
March 07 2013 2:44 PM
The growing capabilities of prison-based manufacturers make their products increasingly attractive to government contract buyers.
- Sequestration Seen Threatening US Manufacturing Expansion
March 07 2013 10:38 AM
Recent growth in manufacturing is at risk now as sequestration laws go into effect.
- Thomas Cook To Cut 2,500 UK, Ireland Jobs, Close 195 Outlets
March 06 2013 10:39 AM
Thomas Cook is slashing its payroll amid increasing use of internet booking sites by travelers.
- Demand for Greener Homes To Boost Materials Industry
March 05 2013 4:37 PM
Increasing residential construction is expected to propel growth for green building materials by 11 percent annually.
- Busier Streets Signal Good News for the Economy
March 05 2013 12:21 PM
INRIX Gridlock Index says traffic congestion increases as companies ship more, hire more and as consumers spend more.
- Non-Manufacturing Sector Grew in February to 56%
March 05 2013 10:32 AM
The March ISM reports shows that the services sector grew 0.8 percent in February to 56 percent.
- Superior Industries International Plans Mexican Factory
March 04 2013 3:54 PM
Mexico's manufacturing boom continued with Superior Industries International announcing a factory in the nation.